Official Fedex/UPS/USPS Horror Stories Thread

wugenius

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
So of course, since Black Friday I have been ordering a lot of stuff online. Most of the time, my orders come in fine, but several times now, I have had problems.

I apologize if this thread already exists. But if not, post your shipping horror stories here.

For xmas, I score a nice deal on a digital camera that I plan to give as a gift. I order it through Dell and when it arrives through UPS, the envelope is smashed to hell. The box inside was completely crushed. Glad to know UPS takes good care of their packages!

I also ordered a PS3 through radioshack since they offered me a different bundle for the black friday price due to limited stock. (Which was awefully nice of them!) So my package was scheduled to be delivered on saturday. Usually the fedex and UPS guys drop stuff off around noon. It was 1:30 pm already which was odd, but I figured the holidays is slowing them down, so I check the package and to my dismay, it shows it was delivered and signed for by a name I didn't recognize. So I call fedex and they tell me that they delivered it to an address several houses down from where I live, and that they did so because that's what information they had.

Of course I am freaking out, and I ask the guy what can be done, and they tell me the driver will return 4 HOURS LATER to pick up the package from the house they dropped it off at. Of course I tell them that what is to keep from them opening the package and giving the box back with something else in it, since fedex doesn't know what's in it. I say F that, and drive over to the house. Luckily the guy who lived there didn't even realized they dropped anything off until I told him, and he gave me my box. The fedex driver calls me, and tells me that he dropped it off at the right house, and that even the label showed the right address. Of course the label is actually CORRECT and has my address. The delivery guy starts telling me, "oh it's the holidays we've been really busy, blah blah blah". I tell him that I am going to let fedex know about this mistake, and he tells me "do what you gotta do man, happy holidays" and he hangs up on me.

At least I got my PS3. No thanks to those dumbasses.

It's not a horror story, but I bought some games from Best Buy, shipped with whatever nonsense shipping company they're using now. I live just barely an hour north of Columbus. My package made it from Indiana to Columbus in one day. Then on the second day, it went to freakin' Leetsdale, Pennsylvania, three hours outside of Columbus. On the third day, it went from there to Akron, two hours south of Columbus. Then from Akron, three hours to my house. So it took eight hours and two states to move 66 miles up the road. I'm no expert, but that seems unnecessary.

I ordered a 3ds game from best buy during one of their super sales, and FEDEX smashed the case flat.... tore the artwork apart and destroyed the case. I took it to the local best buy store to return it and they were like WTF?

[quote name='Survivalism']It's not a horror story, but I bought some games from Best Buy, shipped with whatever nonsense shipping company they're using now. I live just barely an hour north of Columbus. My package made it from Indiana to Columbus in one day. Then on the second day, it went to freakin' Leetsdale, Pennsylvania, three hours outside of Columbus. On the third day, it went from there to Akron, two hours south of Columbus. Then from Akron, three hours to my house. So it took eight hours and two states to move 66 miles up the road. I'm no expert, but that seems unnecessary.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Top this one. I had to send out a Black Ops Prestige to someone in Erie(PA), which is 5 hours from me in just about a straight line. Instead of taking said straight route, it took two days and made a trek in a U shape all around the state of PA. It went from the local hub here down towards Philly, then took a scenic journey to Pittsburgh area before finally being delivered two days later in Erie.

Now don't get me wrong, some of the roads en route to Erie might still be washed out due to the flooding we had a while back, so maybe that's why it took such a convoluted route.

This was with UPS btw.

But wait.....there's more....both USPS stories.

About a year or two ago I made several deals on CAG for several games, with one package going to TN while the other was going to MA. I live in PA, so one would think that the MA package would arrive FIRST, right? WRONG.

The TN package made it there in around 3-5 days, while the MA one got sorted
and re-sorted and re-sorted and re-sorted and re-sorted and re-sorted
at the Boston sorting facility for over TWO WEEKS before finally being delivered.:roll:

But that's NOT the worst one.

The one time I sent a guide package to VA via Media Mail. Again, instead of going in a straight line route from PA to VA it took the scenic route. It went all the way down the coast to either NC or SC after taking a trek out to NJ as it's first stop. Then it took around 2-2 1/2 weeks before it FINALLY arrived in VA at it's destination.

One final one: This one was when GS shipped me Little Big Planet GOTY from their website. It originated in CA, went all the way out to HAWAII and was sorted, then made it's way back across the country(albeit very quickly) and was shockingly delivered within a week.:shock:

So yeah, I've had my fair share of fucked up shipping experiences with UPS and USPS at least.

[quote name='Survivalism']It's not a horror story, but I bought some games from Best Buy, shipped with whatever nonsense shipping company they're using now. I live just barely an hour north of Columbus. My package made it from Indiana to Columbus in one day. Then on the second day, it went to freakin' Leetsdale, Pennsylvania, three hours outside of Columbus. On the third day, it went from there to Akron, two hours south of Columbus. Then from Akron, three hours to my house. So it took eight hours and two states to move 66 miles up the road. I'm no expert, but that seems unnecessary.[/QUOTE]
:???:

Not sure how long you've lived where you do, but Akron is 2 hours northeast of Columbus. So if you're an hour north of Columbus (near Mansfield maybe?), you should only live around an hour from Akron.

???

Not a horror story, but I was really pissed that USPS lost a simple card I sent in the mail. The card was heavy at just over one ounce so I said fuck it and just double Forever Stamped it instead of getting 68 cents in stamps or whatever it was going to be.

I'm sure it simply could have been "lost" in the process. But it was going to an apartment so its possible the postal worker couldn't read and shoved it into the wrong box number and the neighbor is a dick and never delivered it down a few doors, or someone thought it was heavy because it was stuffed with money or gift cards and decided to fuck me over and open it.

If the USPS can't deliver a fucking greeting card upstate, why the fuck should I trust or use them to ship packages?

bread's done
Back