Official STEAM Holiday Sale Gift Trading Thread

etcrane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Hi All,

Many of us have been receiving free Holiday gifts from the Steam Holiday sale. These are tradeable and with folks receiving more gifts through out the sale, I thought it might be a good place to list what's available and make it easy for people to set up trades via PM.

In this first post, I'll be listing all the items that have popped up for trade thus far, currently here's what we have -

Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Half-Life 1
CounterStrike: Source
Portal 2
Left 4 Dead
Killing Floor
Alien Breed
Day of Defeat: Source
% Off Coupons (? not sure these can be traded ?)

Check back often, as I'll be combing the Steam Thread for new listings and then post your Haves and Wants here!

H:
Counter Strike: Source
Frozen Synapse
The Ship 2 Pack Bundle (Single + Multi)
50% off Evil Genius
50% off Arkham Asylum

W:
Coal
Bastion
Rock of Ages
Silent Hill
Sonic Generations

Last edited by a moderator:
Coupons can be traded.

I have:

Portal 2
50% off Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

Sor far I got an offer for Dead Island, I'm going to accept it unless I get a better offer.

I've got a copy of Counterstrike: Source. I already own it so I am willing to exchange with someone else if anyone is interested.

I've got a copy of Trine (from this Gift Grab) I'd really like to trade, though I'm sure everyone has it already from indie bundles. I'd really like to get Portal 2 for it or Orcs Must Die or Bunch of Heroes. IDK if that is realistic but its what I'd like but PM me with offers I'm open to discussion. :D

Right I forgot I also got a 33% off Valve games coupon that I'd bout give away for free because I presume they are virtually worthless but if you somehow don't own all the major Valve games ask me for that I'll trade it. EDIT: Also for the Portal 2 trade feel free to pick whatever TF2 items you'd like to sweeten the deal if need be, I can easily part with those PM me and I'll give you a link to check my inventory, just don't feel like giving that out publicly.

I just got Half Life 2 dropped. I'd like to trade seeing as I already have it (and so does the rest of the world lol). Looking for L4D hopefully but I'm open to offers.

Edit:
I have HL2, 25% off Valve, 33% off Square Enix Eidos and Humble Bundle 3 for trade.

Looking for offers, even coal.

[quote name='Paullywog']I have a gift copy of CSS

I own all the valve games, so I want to trade for a copy of a non valve game.[/QUOTE]

I have a copy of Frozen Synapse (but then again, who doesn't) I'll trade you, if you want.

Steam name is HydrophobicFish9

I received a 50% off Valve coupon and Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West. Given that I already own Lead and Gold, and do not see myself using the Valve coupon, I'll take offers an either.

[quote name='Ethereality']I received a 50% off Valve coupon and Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West. Given that I already own Lead and Gold, and do not see myself using the Valve coupon, I'll take offers an either.[/QUOTE]

the original portal lead and gold? I know you don't have to do it, but you Want to do it ;) right?

[quote name='Jackpot06']Anyone trading ~6 dollar Portal 2 (steam sale + 25/33/50% off valve game) for ~25 dollar Dead Island is an idiot and you swindled them handily, but for those with a modicum of buyer/seller savvy it sounds absolutely ridiculous that you'd even try to make more from it in the first place...[/QUOTE]

I traded him the Dead Island for his Portal 2. I bought a 4 pack on a price error of 20.38. I know I could have sold them for 10 - 15 each but I chose not to, I traded them out for what i got each one for (5.10) (although Portal 2 was 7.50)

Maybe he didn't know that Dead Island was worth that much more? I never explained it to him, as I didn't care and was fine with just Portal 2, but I'm happy with the trade, so thanks again Chewbacca. :)

Chewbacca's Abortion;9216247 said:
Well, I was offered Dead Island for it before (which I have now accepted) , so something about equal to that?

Then by all means accept it ;) I payed more for DI then I would want to pay for Portal 2. No hard feelings!

[quote name='hookerjustin']I traded him the Dead Island for his Portal 2. I bought a 4 pack on a price error of 20.38. I know I could have sold them for 10 - 15 each but I chose not to, I traded them out for what i got each one for (5.10) (although Portal 2 was 7.50)

Maybe he didn't know that Dead Island was worth that much more? I never explained it to him, as I didn't care and was fine with just Portal 2, but I'm happy with the trade, so thanks again Chewbacca. :)[/QUOTE]
Ha yeah, I dunno what Jack's problem is, probably just trying to get a rise out of us or something.

Chewbacca's Abortion;9217140]Ha yeah said:
I'm not getting a rise out of either of you, at least not intentionally. You're obviously content with the trade and the other guy "doesn't care". What I'd said was, a 300% profit is as good an offer as you're going to get, the audacity levels required to ask for more than that are off the charts. I was just agreeing with Therapy. :lol:

Have:
33% off any Valve game (x2)
50% off LA Noire
50% off Worms Crazy Golf

PM me an offer.

Have:

1. Shadowgrounds *
2. Dungeon Defenders *
3. Portal *
4. -50% Valve
5. -66% Two Worlds II %
6. -33% Renegade Ops

* Had from before the sale. (Figured I might as well, willing to trade away)
% Might use this myself.

I've got a 50% of batman arkham asylum coupon. Which I thought said arkham city at first... now that is a disappointment. Anyone want?

[quote name='CH82']I've got a 50% of batman arkham asylum coupon. Which I thought said arkham city at first... now that is a disappointment. Anyone want?[/QUOTE]

I also have one of these :(
Pretty much open to anything else, lol

I've got a copy of the Witcher Enhanced Edition and coupons for 25% off Valve and 50% off Men of War: Assault Squad.

Have:

Frozenbyte Collection (Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor, and Trine)

Want:

Psychonauhts
Bunch of Heroes
Costume Quest
Any game offer

I got a 50% 1,2,3 kick it and a 50% GTA Vice City both after Jan 2nd coupons, looking for games, preferably anything really. If not maybe some coupons for games I need. pm me with offers for best results.

bread's done
Back