L.A. Noire Complete $29.96 (360) at Amazon

[quote name='cag1125']PS3 version also on sale.[/QUOTE]

no its not

i want to pick up LA:N and RDR goty and complete editions. so i am thinking march 2012 for under 25 and hopefully under 20

$47.88 listed by Deal Tavern. Check the More Buying Options to the right. $29.96 sold by Amazon.com. Probably listed there because it will take awhile to ship. Just ordered one, but with an expected delivery date between January 13, 2012 and February 2, 2012. I don't mind waiting a bit.

[quote name='showtimefolks']no its not

i want to pick up LA:N and RDR goty and complete editions. so i am thinking march 2012 for under 25 and hopefully under 20[/QUOTE]

I'm also waiting for $25 or less on LA Noire myself, $30 is tempting but with my backlog I think I'll wait since I know won't play it right away

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I'm also waiting for $25 or less on LA Noire myself, $30 is tempting but with my backlog I think I'll wait since I know won't play it right away[/QUOTE]

I might consider it at $19.99 or less myself, I already have the vanilla for PS3 so I definitely want to pickup the complete for 360.

If you have the @gamer coupon the game is only $10 at bestbuy. And then the DLC pass which has all the DLC missions and costumes is on sale for $6 on Xbox live. I did this and got $16 complete edition.

[quote name='KtMack23']If you have the @gamer coupon the game is only $10 at bestbuy. And then the DLC pass which has all the DLC missions and costumes is on sale for $6 on Xbox live. I did this and got $16 complete edition.[/QUOTE]

Oh true? I do have the @Gamer coupon. Do you know how long the DLC will be on sale on XBL?

[quote name='MochaRaf']Oh true? I do have the @Gamer coupon. Do you know how long the DLC will be on sale on XBL?[/QUOTE]

I believe all week.

EDIT: After looking at the XBLA thread, it says the DLC will be on sale till the 2nd.

[quote name='KtMack23']I believe all week.

EDIT: After looking at the XBLA thread, it says the DLC will be on sale till the 2nd.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I will try to pick up the game tomorrow when I go in for my instore pickups, thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='MochaRaf']I was just at Best Buy and the vanilla rings up as 39.99, wth! :([/QUOTE]

the deal was one day only i believe or 2 days. BB deals are random now lol, i picked it up on sunday for $10

There is one case that isn't included in the dlc pack, can't remember its name though.definitely a better deal doing it that way though.

[quote name='Benisjamin']I picked up The Compete Edition for 360 at my Target in Carmel, Indiana for $20 on Monday. YMMV[/QUOTE]

No luck @ a bay area target today.

[quote name='Benisjamin']I picked up The Compete Edition for 360 at my Target in Carmel, Indiana for $20 on Monday. YMMV[/QUOTE]

Found it locally today for $19.98 and picked it up.

I have heard VERY mixed reviews about this game. Can't go wrong with a complete edition for $30, but I heard it was very repetitive.

[quote name='Jurassic425']I have heard VERY mixed reviews about this game. Can't go wrong with a complete edition for $30, but I heard it was very repetitive.[/QUOTE]
That's true for sure. It's a very unique and weird game, the kind of thing where you're either going to really get what it's trying to do, or absolutely hate it, and both reactions are completely justified.

The most important thing to know, if you're going to play this, is that the button labels in the interrogations are AJU. The game will ask you to label the statement you just heard as Truth, Lie, or Doubt. You will choose one and Cole will say something random and you'll think he is crazy.

The thing is, what the game is really asking you is how you want Cole to respond. Mentally replace the options with Agree, Accuse, or Challenge. Suddenly everything makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
It can be repetitive, but it is a good ame nonetheless. I use it for a change of pace between other games ... It always gives me something to look forward to.

beware for original edition owners that your saved game will not be carried over to the complete edition. Ridiculous oversight.

This is one of those games where I'm glad I saved my money and purchased a dirt-cheap copy of the vanilla version. I've certainly enjoyed it but now that I'm nearing the end, I'm definitely ready for it to be over and am glad I don't have still more case to go through.

I have just this evening finished playing the main game. Play it like you're watching your favourite TV show. An hour or so per session, 1 or 2 cases a day, and you wont find yourself getting bored.

Truth - If you can see/feel they are telling the truth
Doubt (Should actually be labelled as FORCE) - If you can see/feel they are hiding something, its time to get verbal.
Lie - If you have evidence to back up/contradict the given answer.

A really enjoyable game, looking forward to getting into the DLC next.

[quote name='LondonGaijin']I have just this evening finished playing the main game. Play it like you're watching your favourite TV show. An hour or so per session, 1 or 2 cases a day, and you wont find yourself getting bored.

Truth - If you can see/feel they are telling the truth
Doubt (Should actually be labelled as FORCE) - If you can see/feel they are hiding something, its time to get verbal.
Lie - If you have evidence to back up/contradict the given answer.

A really enjoyable game, looking forward to getting into the DLC next.[/QUOTE]

My playtime on the game has been spread out over nearly two months and I've still found it very repetitive. Kinda odd because I'm not normally one to be bothered by repetition... still recommend it though.

[quote name='Jurassic425']I have heard VERY mixed reviews about this game. Can't go wrong with a complete edition for $30, but I heard it was very repetitive.[/QUOTE]

Some aspects are certainly repetitive to be sure. I've gotten a little tired having to chase down suspects (though the game amusingly acknowledges that), but I think once you are promoted to Homicide, the story of the cases become interesting and worth it to the point where certain weaknesses of the game can be overlooked. I also have felt that the authenticity has gone a long way in increasing my enjoyment of the game, though it does slightly annoy me that it does tie your hands at the same time.

I think the mistake people tend to make with the game is comparing it to a GTA or Saints Row. While the game has the similar open world, the focus on the story is more central to the point where I found myself likening it more to some sort of adventure game hybrid.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']This is one of those games where I'm glad I saved my money and purchased a dirt-cheap copy of the vanilla version. I've certainly enjoyed it but now that I'm nearing the end, I'm definitely ready for it to be over and am glad I don't have still more case to go through.[/QUOTE]

That's unfortunate because, in my opinion, the DLC cases actually end up being some of the better ones due to being longer, but more self-contained cases. At the very least, I'd recommend "Nicholson Electroplating" as it's one of the coolest cases in the game, plus it gives you more Herschel!

I got it when it was for $20 at BB a while back the complete edition is so worth it even for $30 and the packaging for the 360 is super sexy

bread's done
Back