[PS Vita] Hot Shots Golf (and other Vita games) - $29.99 @ Amazon

SynGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
Amazon is slowly filling in their prices for PS Vita games and most of the Sony first-party titles are $29.99 while the rest are $39.99.

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational - http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Shots-Golf-playstation-vita/dp/B0050SW4OC/
ModNation Racers: Road Trip - http://www.amazon.com/ModNation-Racers-Road-Trip-playstation-vita/dp/B0050SW33E/
wipEout 2048 - http://www.amazon.com/wipEout-2048-playstation-vita/dp/B0050SW8AC/
Touch My Katamari - http://www.amazon.com/Touch-My-Katamari-playstation-vita/dp/B006FRNBB2/

Last edited by a moderator:
Coolness, gamestop.com is showing the same.

This is the game I'm picking up at launch-- the extra ten dollars will help soften the blow of all the DLC content they'll eventually ream my wallet for :)

[quote name='BrandonJ33']Coolness, gamestop.com is showing the same.

This is the game I'm picking up at launch-- the extra ten dollars will help soften the blow of all the DLC content they'll eventually ream my wallet for :)[/QUOTE]

Yea, HSG is the only launch game I am interested in. It will keep me busy for many hours if the PSP versions are any indication.

[quote name='BrandonJ33']Coolness, gamestop.com is showing the same.

This is the game I'm picking up at launch-- the extra ten dollars will help soften the blow of all the DLC content they'll eventually ream my wallet for :)[/QUOTE]

I added a couple more games to the OP. I'm debating between HSG and MNR. Both look fun and I know both will keep me entertained for hours.

Touch My Katamari - http://www.amazon.com/Touch-My-Katam...dp/B006FRNBB2/
Ridge Racer - http://www.amazon.com/Ridge-Racer-pl...dp/B006FRNAAE/

[quote name='ajumbaje']Touch my katamari sounds like a game made by pervs[/QUOTE]

Well it's made Japanese developers. So the name of those titles are predicted to happen.

I want Hot Shots but think I might be better off downloading that since it would be a game I'd play from time to time....would be nice to have it with me at all times.

too bad its not backwards and you could play PSP games on it as well.... i would buy the VITA day one but with over 200 PSP games there is no way im willing to pay 250 for a system that will fall to 170 or less by next winter (also i will just wait till REAL RPG games hit what will take over a year anywayas)

This is great news! Smaller titles should be cheaper in my opinion but nice to see that there is a difference in pricing for smaller games as appose to AAA titles.

[quote name='slidecage']too bad its not backwards and you could play PSP games on it as well.... i would buy the VITA day one but with over 200 PSP games there is no way im willing to pay 250 for a system that will fall to 170 or less by next winter (also i will just wait till REAL RPG games hit what will take over a year anywayas)[/QUOTE]

It will play PSP games, just not the ones on UMD's...

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I hear Ridge Racer is barely a game. 3 tracks or some shit like that.[/QUOTE]

Three tracks, five cars. Do not fucking buy it.

[quote name='AwRy108']It will play PSP games, just not the ones on UMD's...[/QUOTE]

This is literally making me reconsider my purchase. The LAST thing I want to think when I'm buying a Vita is that I'm buying a Go.

[quote name='JAlbertL']Didn't early reports state that HSG looks ugly?[/QUOTE]

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There's one vids on YouTube showing psp vs vita mingol and it's a great upgrade.

[quote name='mgford11']Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There's one vids on YouTube showing psp vs vita mingol and it's a great upgrade.[/QUOTE]
From the videos I've seen it looks great. A clear upgrade from the PSP.

[quote name='bruistopher']Well it's made Japanese developers. So the name of those titles are predicted to happen.[/QUOTE]

The Japanese name is actualy Katamari Damacy No-Vita, so the Touch part is came up by Americans.

[quote name='slidecage']too bad its not backwards and you could play PSP games on it as well.... i would buy the VITA day one but with over 200 PSP games there is no way im willing to pay 250 for a system that will fall to 170 or less by next winter (also i will just wait till REAL RPG games hit what will take over a year anywayas)[/QUOTE]

I am guess it wont take over a year to get FFX HD and Persona 4 Golden.

[quote name='62t']I am guess it wont take over a year to get FFX HD and Persona 4 Golden.[/QUOTE]
I'm hoping sometime in 2012. Can't wait for Persona 4 Golden.

[quote name='SynGamer']Removed Ridge Racer from the list. Namco (?) can go fuck themselves.[/QUOTE]

Namco is also doing something similar with Touch My Katamari though it doesn't sound as bad and you can earn some sort of in-game currency to get DLC.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Namco is also doing something similar with Touch My Katamari though it doesn't sound as bad and you can earn some sort of in-game currency to get DLC.[/QUOTE]
That seems like a *seemingly* full-fledged game. Ridge Racer is absolutely not worth $30, hell, not even $10 for that matter.

Still debating if I want to grab HSG or MNR...trying to make sure I don't go overboard on the Vita spending.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Also picked up Hot Shot Golf. I'm super hype for Gravity Daze/Rush, just wish it were a launch title. =([/QUOTE]

It's launch window title, so it should be out around the same time as the vita.

[quote name='Doom Kvlt']It's launch window title, so it should be out around the same time as the vita.[/QUOTE]

True, but it doesn't provide much solace if you're impatient (like me). Ha!

It's good they're lowering some of the prices but i'm still going to wait and see if the Vita sells enough and is not going the way of the Go.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']This is literally making me reconsider my purchase. The LAST thing I want to think when I'm buying a Vita is that I'm buying a Go.[/QUOTE]

Well then you're in luck. With the Vita, you're not buying a download only, ridiculously overpriced system that will only play half of its own game library. The Vita is a stand alone system with games available both in card format and download. Sure, you may not have access to all of the PSP games, but then a PSP would work splendidly for playing those. :)

[quote name='Ionotropic']I want Lumines Electric Symphony, but it ain't listed anywhere so far.[/QUOTE]

Noticed this too, rather annoying. Also: Amazon lists Little Big Planet as a launch title but Sony doesn't. A bit strange, guess they haven't updated their system yet.

[quote name='Danzego']Well then you're in luck. With the Vita, you're not buying a download only, ridiculously overpriced system that will only play half of its own game library. The Vita is a stand alone system with games available both in card format and download. Sure, you may not have access to all of the PSP games, but then a PSP would work splendidly for playing those. :)[/QUOTE]

I think he wants to make sure the platform doesn't flop.

It is true taht Ridge Racer only has 3 courses + 3 reversals and 5 cars. What's different with the cars though this time is that they level up. So instead of different cars for each class, you choose your car and you raise it. Essentially, this may be good but it's also bad on two things: once you level, difficulties become ridiculously easy offline & if your machine isn't powered up, you can't do shit with online matches.

[quote name='djricekcn']It is true taht Ridge Racer only has 3 courses + 3 reversals and 5 cars. What's different with the cars though this time is that they level up. So instead of different cars for each class, you choose your car and you raise it. Essentially, this may be good but it's also bad on two things: once you level, difficulties become ridiculously easy offline & if your machine isn't powered up, you can't do shit with online matches.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like they are trying their hardest to stretch out replayability from the limited number of courses they have. Meh. For $30 you can get WipEout 2048, a full fledged racer with cross play with PS3 players.

I cant wait for Gravity Rush, I played the demo at Gamestop and it was awesome, so awesome my gf who didnt want anything to do with the Vita saw me playing it and took it out of my hands....and the gf liking something is always a good sign.

They readded Release Date Shipping to Hot Shots? Was gonna order it the other day and it wasnt showing up because they apparently had already released it.

Guess i'll order a copy now, especially since it'll arrive on monday. (No idea why they are still the only ones with it for 10$ cheaper, everyone else being greedy

Ya, amazons vita stuff has been acting weird. Yesterday a bunch of games and accessories were listed as in stock, but my preorders weren't shipping. I cancelled and reoredered them and they shipped today. Now, all the vita stuff is listed for preorder again.

Got Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational, wipEout 2048, and Touch My Katamari for $30 each. Have no idea why everyone else is charging $40 for the former two.

I preordered Lumines Electric Symphony. There's also an Amazon-exclusive preorder bonus for three downloadable Q-entertainment music tracks from the game.

Still contemplating Hot Shots, but I know it's pretty much gonna be the same old stuff as the two Hot Shots golf games that were on PSP. Probably wait for a digital price drop on this game.

[quote name='Justin42']My copy of Wipeout and Hot Shots just shipped, to be delivered Monday...[/QUOTE]

I got my copies of Uncharted and Wipeout today, along with a carrying case and multi-game case. 32GB card will be here by Mon. or Tues. Now all I need is the Vita...

bread's done
Back