PS3 Deal Watch Thread.

AftComet

CAGiversary!
Excuse me for making this. I'm still pissed about skipping the Futureshop sale where they offered a 320GB with UC3, MGS4, and GOW3 for $249. I know I sound like a broken record now. Now they're all sold out and I have a pile of 10 games that I bought to play on PS3 (plus countless PSone Classics, and PS2 games that I want to download and play). Yet NO DAMN PS3. :bomb: I think my avatar best describes me right now.

I know there is at least one more person here in my boat. So I've decided to make this thread to specifically target deals on PS3s. If anyone sees anything better, PLEASE make a post in this thread.

Best Current Offering:

160GB Core Console (Nothing extra) - $199.99

Wal-mart
Best Buy
Futureshop
EB Games
(Practically every retailer)

As you can see, this deal is terrible compared to the original one.

ARGH!!! Why even have boxing day "deals" if they're worst than what was offered two weeks prior?

Wow, compared to that 320GB bundle you were describing, the core one really isn't that good... I originally wasn't in the market for a PS3 but with Boxing Day/Week coming around, I thinking more and more about it...

[quote name='penetratingpincer']Wow, compared to that 320GB bundle you were describing, the core one really isn't that good... I originally wasn't in the market for a PS3 but with Boxing Day/Week coming around, I thinking more and more about it...[/QUOTE]

What kills me inside is that I already bought MGS4 and GOW3 for $14.99 each. So:

160GB + MGS4 + GOW3 = 199.99 + 14.99 + 14.99 = $229.97

So for $20 in savings you lose UC3 AND 160GB. What's makes me feel worse is the UC3 didn't have the "not for resale on it" (it's a clean copy) which is perfect for my collection. DAMN IT!

[quote name='penetratingpincer']Ouch. That makes it even worse.

Just curious: When did Futureshop offer that bundle? Also was it exclusive to them?[/QUOTE]

It was on from last week. I do believe it was exclusive to them. But some people were really lucky and price matched it at RCSS when they had the no tax going on and also received a $25 gift card for spending over $200. :lol:

Videogamesplus has yet to announce their boxing day deals. You may find something to your taste there.

As of right now it looks like the bundle everyone else has is the best you're gonna get though.

got one at our local walmart - came with GoW 1 2 and Uncharted 1 2 for 249.88

And what I am gonna do is return both of those games and get more than 80 dollars in store credit making my console cost 170 plus tax appx.

I'm hoping it drops to at least 149. My blu-ray laser died, so I can watch DVDs and play anything downloaded, but not games or blu-rays. I'm hoping to get the cheapest more barebones one I can, transfer the old HDD onto it and put the old one in our room for streaming/netflix.

Fingers crossed.

[quote name='AftComet']What's makes me feel worse is the UC3 didn't have the "not for resale on it" (it's a clean copy) which is perfect for my collection. DAMN IT![/QUOTE]

Those actually usually go for more than ones with barcodes on Ebay. Well, when it comes to the past generation of games it has Unless you intend to trade-in, then it's much more convenient to have the barcode.

I'd personally just go for the $199.99, but it seems like you're a real stickler for saving a few bucks.

[quote name='VetraX']
I'd personally just go for the $199.99, but it seems like you're a real stickler for saving a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

For an additional $50, he'd get a hard drive that is twice the size and a copy of Uncharted 3 (a $60 game). That's quite a lot in savings. :p Oh, MGS4 and GOW3 were included as well. The value of the games alone would be $90, so there would be a savings of at least $40, plus the value of another 160GB.

I think historically Sony releases at least one new bundle every fiscal quarter, so if you can wait it out a couple months, there might be some new bundles...

[quote name='Booyakz']For an additional $50, he'd get a hard drive that is twice the size and a copy of Uncharted 3 (a $60 game). That's quite a lot in savings. :p Oh, MGS4 and GOW3 were included as well. The value of the games alone would be $90, so there would be a savings of at least $40, plus the value of another 160GB.

I think historically Sony releases at least one new bundle every fiscal quarter, so if you can wait it out a couple months, there might be some new bundles...[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I may have to do that....

[quote name='Booyakz']For an additional $50, he'd get a hard drive that is twice the size and a copy of Uncharted 3 (a $60 game). That's quite a lot in savings. :p Oh, MGS4 and GOW3 were included as well. The value of the games alone would be $90, so there would be a savings of at least $40, plus the value of another 160GB.

I think historically Sony releases at least one new bundle every fiscal quarter, so if you can wait it out a couple months, there might be some new bundles...[/QUOTE]

Good point.

I have the 160GB on top of a ton of games and various media, and I've only burned through half of the HDD.

Still, shouldn't be upset about this one deal passing him by. Deals come and go. If you want to play now then the value of the current bundles is there IMO.

I'm kicking myself for missing that FS deal as well, but i'm hoping either they will have another deal like it in January, or maybe they will have a bundle with starhawk when that comes out.

[quote name='Gombay']EB Games gives $25 credit for each game ($8 TIV) traded towards hardware.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that deal is still on or is it a big YMMV? That could actually work out. Hmmm.

[quote name='CrushEm']320GB PS3 Bundle with infamous 2, ratchet and clank Batman: AA & Demon Souls for $299.99 at FS
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/-/b9002809.aspx?path=15bbfb41e88b040b20cf9eb6f4e5a29een02[/QUOTE]
this one isnt that bad 4 decent titles.... not u3 but still enjoyable games.
hey seriously these bundles happen year round its just a matter of time before they put another one together ... just learn the lesson of buy first think later ;) if its a pretty good deal hehe I guess youre of fan of learning the hard way no worries weve all been there

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']this one isnt that bad 4 decent titles.... not u3 but still enjoyable games.
hey seriously these bundles happen year round its just a matter of time before they put another one together ... just learn the lesson of buy first think later ;) if its a pretty good deal hehe I guess youre of fan of learning the hard way no worries weve all been there[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but who would have thought that the best deals would come BEFORE boxing day. It goes against common sense. This year's deals really stink.

[quote name='AftComet']Yeah, but who would have thought that the best deals would come BEFORE boxing day. It goes against common sense. This year's deals really stink.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more, these deals are absolutely terrible.

Don't know how you made out but Best Buy had an IN-STORE only deal in case you are close to one:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/-/b9002775.aspx?path=92fefbca5c73ed45600e01f864d60993en02
$299.99 . Uncharted 3, God of War 3 + Little Big Planet + 320GB Console

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/playstation-3-playstation3-320gb-uncharted-3-bundle-98438/10181734.aspx?path=b909455a2e05c35e9ef908267b739baeen02
$299.99 . Uncharted 3, Bluetooth Headset, HDMI cable + 320GB Console. Currently in stock on the website.

Still haven't landed myself a PS3 yet either since all the deals have since expired around boxing day. Should of jumped on one when I had the chance. I'm sure they'll be on sale again soon, just maybe not with such a bundle.

[quote name='CrushEm']Don't know how you made out but Best Buy had an IN-STORE only deal in case you are close to one:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/-/b9002775.aspx?path=92fefbca5c73ed45600e01f864d60993en02
$299.99 . Uncharted 3, God of War 3 + Little Big Planet + 320GB Console

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=b909455a2e05c35e9ef908267b739baeen02
$299.99 . Uncharted 3, Bluetooth Headset, HDMI cable + 320GB Console. Currently in stock on the website.

Still haven't landed myself a PS3 yet either since all the deals have since expired around boxing day. Should of jumped on one when I had the chance. I'm sure they'll be on sale again soon, just maybe not with such a bundle.[/QUOTE]

Nice post, if it was only 249 I'd jump on it. I okay without there being a bundle. A 160 for 149 would be magical.

bread's done
Back