Dragon Age II $4.95 @ Direct2Drive

People are way too hard on this game. I agree it's a disappointment, and that BioWare made a lot of bad decisions, but when a title like this drops below $10, stop judging it against it predecessor. It's crazy how gamers like to complain about poor, admittedly-not-great DA2.

Won't let me buy it, keeps giving me an error when going to checkout. The Direct2Drive website has been really unreliable for a few months, hope the move to GameFly improves that.

Edit: Changing browsers seemed to have fixed the problem.

[quote name='Sevens']Is there any outstanding DA2 DLC?[/QUOTE]

Legacy and Mark of the Assassin (the only 2 story DLC's so far) are both amazing.

People hating on this are crazy. Yeah it's disappointing for a AAA $60 title, but you can't beat it for $5.

[quote name='Gboon']$4.95 too much.[/QUOTE]

You just have to go in knowing it's pretty much a completely different game from DA1 - then it's good, not great. I'd say in the 7/10 range. It's a shame this wasn't made as a multiplayer game, because the changes they made play right into being multiplayer.

$4.95 is a fine price.

Yeah, looks like something was botched all along. The guy answering my support ticket pretended not to know what I was talking about when I complained about not being able to check out.

No matter... I'd rather buy from Amazon anyhow.

More like Direct2Trashbin

[quote name='panzerfaust']Dragon Age II is an experience well worth having, especially if you were a fan of the original.[/QUOTE]
A real fan of the original would pretend this "sequel" never existed in the first place, only blind Bioware junk riders would actually believe DA 2 is worth the time.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']More like Direct2Trashbin

A real fan of the original would pretend this "sequel" never existed in the first place, only blind Bioware junk riders would actually believe DA 2 is worth the time.[/QUOTE]

'A real fan of the original'? Jeeez. Get over yourself. A 'real' BioWare fan would realise they haven't developed anything decent since BG2. (/sarcasm)

$5 is a steal. Buy it. Enjoy it.

bread's done
Back