PS Vita Pre-Order + $20 Target Gift Card - 249.99 + tax + FS @ Target

handsomepete

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
First Vita deal I've seen yet. Get your PS Vita preorder plus a $20 Target gift card and take $10 off at checkout with code TGTGFT2U. Total is 239.99 + tax and free (standard) shipping. Maybe not much of a deal, although an additional 5% off for red card holders should negate some of the tax.

Example totals for me:
260.47 (+$20 gc) - non-red card total
247.38 (+$20 gc) - red card total

Also submitting this as a "better price" to Amazon because why not.

http://www.target.com/p/PlayStation-Vita-System-WiFi-PlayStation-Vita/-/A-13590324

Edit: The $10 off $50 coupon is dead, keep an eye out for other coupons. The $20 gc is advertised to be available through 12/31. Updated title to reflect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Target charge or put a hold on your account now, or are they like Amazon where I won't see any difference on my CC until they ship?

Do you know if Target is getting that pre-release bundle (comes with little deviants and a case, I think) or if that is a best buy exclusive?

If it's everywhere, I might as well cancel my preorder and get it from Target

Eh, I don't buy consoles/handhelds on day one - I let the early adopters "test" them out, and if any issues arise (which almost always does for new tech), then I'll wait until they get fixed and/or revised. Pretty good deal for day one buyers, though.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Eh, I don't buy consoles/handhelds on day one - I let the early adopters "test" them out, and if any issues arise (which almost always does for new tech), then I'll wait until they get fixed and/or revised. Pretty good deal for day one buyers, though.[/QUOTE]
Do not fret.Japan is testing them for us.

Well I have the Target Redcard as well as a $10 gift card. So with the code, free shipping, 5% off for card and the aforementioned gift card, it came out to $241 shipped for me. And of course another $20 gift card comes with the system. Thanks OP.

I pre-ordered one at Amazon with the $10 off plus $10 coupon code when you use a MC. It's $225.23 w/tax at Target if you subtract the $20 GC from the total and the 5% for using my RedCard. It's $229.99 after the coupon at Amazon. So a little cheaper than Amazon but I get release date delivery.

[quote name='mrx001']Do not fret.Japan is testing them for us.[/QUOTE]

From reading CheapyD's numerous tweets on the technical problems of the Vita, they sure are.

I don't know much about this 3G stuff but is says always connected 3G so does this model have 3G and can access the internet anywhere for free?

[quote name='ps2emotions']I don't know much about this 3G stuff but is says always connected 3G so does this model have 3G and can access the internet anywhere for free?[/QUOTE]
no. this model is a wi-fi only model, so if you are at a mobile wifi hotspot or you have wireless internet, you can use it. With the 3G model you can use wireless internet and use 3G, which means you have to pay for a plan every month. The 3G model also costs $50 more.

Does CheapyD have the issues himself? I personally don't nor my friends. I read about it but thought most of these are "hate" from the fans of other companies like with every system release.

[quote name='t0rment0r']Tax kills the deal.[/QUOTE]

How does tax kill the deal? You are going to get taxed anyway (most of the time), the only site that doesnt tax me is newegg

[quote name='media_wonder']How does tax kill the deal? You are going to get taxed anyway (most of the time), the only site that doesnt tax me is newegg[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't tax either.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I don't know much about this 3G stuff but is says always connected 3G so does this model have 3G and can access the internet anywhere for free?[/QUOTE]

The only thing I'm concerned about is having 3G on all of the time. I turn my 3G off on my Evo when I'm not using it, and I get a lot more use out of my phone by doing that. Does anyone know if the Vita had a widget to turn off your Wi-fi/3G?

[quote name='media_wonder']They tax me, i live in WA state[/QUOTE]

[quote name='djricekcn']and they will tax in california soon too because of that new reform thing[/QUOTE]

Ah. Pardon my ignorance fellow CAGs.

[quote name='djricekcn']and they will tax in california soon too because of that new reform thing[/QUOTE]
I thought Amazon got around that by severing all ties with their affiliates in CA? Unless something has changed, I don't think CA residents are going to have to pay tax on Amazon anytime soon.

i have this paid off on amazon (the bundle) but idk what games to get for it... just uncharted? games like that can be beaten in 2 to 3 days heh....

I'm holding out for BB to match GS deal that they did for the PS2
trade in your PSP or PSPgo along with 10 titles & get $100 off the system, that way I can use my $100 RZ & get it for under $100. Even if I need to upgrade later the TIV will more than cover me with such a huge day 1 discount.

[quote name='gepet0']When does it come out? I believe the release date has changed a few times.[/QUOTE]First Edition Bundle on February 15 and February 22 for everyone else in the U.S. The release date has not changed. These are the only dates that have ever been given.

[quote name='addicted2games']All I keep seeing is Feb 22[/QUOTE]

But Feb 15th if u buy the bundle

[quote name='media_wonder']How does tax kill the deal? You are going to get taxed anyway (most of the time), the only site that doesnt tax me is newegg[/QUOTE]

The "no tax" argument is stupid, as legally you're required to report these non-taxed internet purchases on your state tax return or you're breaking the law.

Unless you're encouraging people to break the law, which is against the TOS of this website.

[quote name='Plinko']The "no tax" argument is stupid, as legally you're required to report these non-taxed internet purchases on your state tax return or you're breaking the law.

Unless you're encouraging people to break the law, which is against the TOS of this website.[/QUOTE]

What state tax return? Many states such as TX don't have one. Don't talk when you don't know the law.

bread's done
Back