Laziest way to trade in/sell DVDs?

Vinny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
I want to thin out my DVDs a bit... I don't watch them and with Netflix, it seems uncessary to keep.

I checked Amazon trade in and it seems like they give most DVDs $1-2, but a few are worth a bit more (Gladiator is worth $5 and Girl Next Door gets $3.80). Is this the best route in terms of money to effort ratio?

Check those Amazon prices again. I like Amazon, but they are getting sneaky with their TIV offers. Girl Next Door is only $3.80 if its brand new and in shrink wrap, otherwise its $0.25 for like new.

To answer your question, maybe Goozex or SwapADVD. I think FYE also takes in trades, but that might have stopped.

Can check FYE trade in values at secondspin.com. The values are spot on or roughly 10% difference give or take.

FYE stores sometimes have in-store trade in specials as well.

[quote name='dchrisd']Check those Amazon prices again. I like Amazon, but they are getting sneaky with their TIV offers. Girl Next Door is only $3.80 if its brand new and in shrink wrap, otherwise its $0.25 for like new.

To answer your question, maybe Goozex or SwapADVD. I think FYE also takes in trades, but that might have stopped.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks for pointing that out. That's pretty fucking shady...:whistle2:/

[quote name='knightsdwn']Can check FYE trade in values at secondspin.com. The values are spot on or roughly 10% difference give or take.

FYE stores sometimes have in-store trade in specials as well.[/QUOTE]

No FYE near here... I'll probably just donate them then.

If you got some coworkers like I do at work, they will likely buy them for $3 each. In two days, I got rid of almost 150 dvds this way a year ago. Just bring in a box load of dvds and let them at it. I have coworkers that only have a dvd player, dont care about blu-rays, and/or spend too much money partying to have the newer technology in life. So it works out this way for me when I want to get rid of my older crap.

Laziest/easiest way is amazon, but yes, that 'new'/'like new' stuff sucks. You pay for that convenience though. To me, assuming Amazon takes it, I'd rather lose a couple bucks than go with the hassle of bringing it somewhere, dealing with people, haggling, meeting, postiing, etc. That said, I don't sell anything for 25 cents.

Moviestop gives decent credit; not only will they take commons / dollar store garbage, but on more popular Season sets they'll sometimes give better TIV than Amazon (For House Season 1 it was like $7-8 as opposed to Amazon's $2)

I usually check Amazon / wherehouse.com for bulk trade-ins, then do Moviestop for the dregs.

Honesty the value on DVDs is so low now you're best bet is just keeping them unless you hit a rough patch and really need the funds.

As said amazin TIV is not even worth it. You have you make sure you're looking at the like new condition and even then you have to make sure its actually " like new" all original content included other wise they will just ship it back to you no questions. Not really worth the $0.25 cents.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']you could always post a list. some of us still buy dvd's for the simple fact they're so damn cheap.[/QUOTE]

I'll try, there's only like 20 or so I want to get rid of and roughly half of those are fairly safe for kids (PG/PG13) so I'll probably give those away but I'll just post the rest sometime later on.

Have a lowball maybe? I know DVDs don't sell on here as well as Blu-rays do, but there are some people on CAG that will buy them, I'm sure.

Or you could sell them as a lot on ebay and get at least a buck a piece. Though these definitely aren't the laziest ways, just throwing out suggestions...

[quote name='ROB64']Have a lowball maybe? I know DVDs don't sell on here as well as Blu-rays do, but there are some people on CAG that will buy them, I'm sure.

Or you could sell them as a lot on ebay and get at least a buck a piece. Though these definitely aren't the laziest ways, just throwing out suggestions...[/QUOTE]

He might appreciate sacrificing a little bit of lazy for getting it all done in one swoop. I know I would.

I'm pretty lazy with selling DVDs. I generally take em to half price books when I go to sell some old books or games that have no value elsewhere. I love half price book, I sometimes find awesome books or rare games, all while dumping stuff I can't get rid of.

We don't have anything like Half Priced books around here, just a few mom and pop used game/movie stores. They're fine for games, but with movies, they're basically no better than what Amazon's offering.

bread's done
Back