[PS Vita] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational

SynGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
featurehotshotsgolfworl.jpg

OVERVIEW:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational offers a completely new way to play Hot Shots Golf! The over-the-top golf franchise is back with a bag full of PlayStation Vita system features. Never leave the golf course with non-stop challenges from friends or bitter rivals. Add to that new PlayStation Vita system specific functions that enable you to better prepare each shot from tee to green.

Developer: Clap Hanz
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Genre: Sports
Online Play: 30 Versus
Local Play: 8 Versus
Release date:
  • February 15th, 2012

REVIEWS:

SCREENSHOTS:

VIDEOS:

[youtube]1qBfdJfiEXE[/youtube]

User Guides

• Basics
  • Putting Guide
  • Shots and Points Guide
  • Joining a Tournament
  • Trophy List and Challenge Guide
  • 1-1: win with 2000 points or more
    1-2: use a rising shot
    1-3: Hit GIR in 1 Stroke on a Par 4 and Win
    1-4: win with par on frequency 100%
    1-5: win with over 3 bogeys
    1-vs: win with an eagle
    2-1: just impact frequency 50% or more
    2-2: fairway keep 100%
    2-3: add a spin on all your shots
    2-4: win with 2000 points or more
    2-5: don't use a spin shot
    2-vs: win within the first 3 holes
    3-1: win with 10m or more putt/par or better
    3-2: use a pin shot
    3-3: win with 3 birdies in a row
    3-4: don't land in any roughs
    3-5: win with 3 birdies in a row
    3-vs: all holes must be done within 1 putt
    4-1: total score must be -3 or less
    4-2: fairway keep must be 80% or more
    4-3: par on frequency 100%
    4-4: total score must be -4 or less
    4-5: win with no OB/WB
    4-vs: win with consecutive birdies
    5-1: 1m better pin (par on or better)
    5-2: don't use spin shots
    5-3: par on frequency 100%
    5-4: get 1500 points or more
    5-5: get a chip in birdie or better
    5-vs: no bogeys
    6-1: 2m better pin (par on or better)
    6-2: no OB/WB
    6-3: no bankers
    6-4: 3m better pin (par on or better)
    6-5: get a birdie or better on the last hole
    6-vs: don't use power mode
    Crown Unlocks - Vita savable screenshoot.
Next CAG Time: TBD
Tournament: TBD
Password: cag

Updated tournament list 8/1/12
  • combatrhombus
  • geoer
  • MACCABEE72
  • MildObstruction
  • SynGamer

Original tourney list
  • combatrhombus
  • MildObstruction
  • neuroned
  • BugEyedMonster
  • JG5253
  • SpeedNut
  • mikocouch
  • marlowe78
  • freddyfromutah
  • silentevil92684
  • BrandonHeat321
  • smthng
  • statnut
  • camelking6969
  • Xunan
  • edisoncarter
  • SynGamer
  • QuantamPulse
  • PSN_Tokeio
  • jello4444
  • TheUMX
  • MaynardLD50
  • JawnMan
  • awdboxer
  • dallow

Tournament Results:
03/04/2012
NqgMp.jpg
03/11/2012 - 8:30PM

1. smthng, -5, 1650
  2. QuantumPulse, 0, 1260
  3. combatrhombus, DNF (connection error Hole 2)
Image not supplied, as results were spread across three screens.
03/11/2012 - 9:00PM
20120311-HSGphoto-Edit.jpg
03/21/2012 - 8:00PM
20120321.jpg
03/25/2012 - 8:00PM

HSGphoto by smthng, on Flickr

HSGphoto by smthng, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
We're going to get an async cag tournie or something going, yes? Seems like everyone is picking this up. Feel free to add me on psn - not getting mine until the 22nd and haven't played a hot shots golf game in probably 10 years, but I'm rarin to go!

Bought the game and play through Nerf case from GameStop. I did not realize I paid $40 until this AM. O'well bought a couple of games w/ 3DS release and will do the same w/ Vita.

I'm down for some CAG tournies! Feel free to add me on PSN as well (just let me know where you're from... I get a ton of requests, many are ignored).

PSN: neuroned

I wasn't that interested at first but I didn't know it had multiplayer and it seems like everyone is getting it. I think I might get it now because it would be fun if we had tournies

Hey everyone. This thread is wiki'd so feel free to use the first post to organize tournaments. I'm holding out for a wifi-only bundle at $250 that includes a retail game and at least 4GB memory card. We'll see how long I have to wait.

I picked this up as well. Been a while since I actually had played a Hot Shots game and had some left over Amazon Credit, so I figured why not.

Added Tournaments the main link also added specific CAGs who said "tournies and add me", I think we now need to decide a day and time. I'm not sure how to add a poll so if Syn you could add a poll. I should have my game Monday but will not have my vita until 2/22 or the 2/25.

[quote name='jza1218']Oi, online pass? Didn't know that. I mean I'm still getting mine but jeez, now with portable games too?[/QUOTE]

A few late generation PSP games had online passes. It's the new cool thing to do :(

I might be up for tournaments, but since this is my first Hot Shots game, I'll need time to learn to play through Story Mode, and I don't even get my Vita 'til the 28th or 29th.

This is probably going to be on my shortlist of day two purchases. I wasn't that into the idea, but the reviews and videos I've seen have swayed me.

Wifi unit pre-ordered... 6 days and counting.

I'd play in some tournaments as well. I am a little worried though, I downloaded it from the PSN, does it not include the online pass?

PSN: freddyfromutah

@freddyfromutah - Go online and try, I'm assuming it would depending on the price you paid for it. I think its only if you buy it used you'll need the online pass.

I really like the daily tournaments, and that the game is still hot shots golf. Played about 5-6 rounds of challenge/daily tourneys. Feels like the rest out them except I can play it in bed, on the toilet, etc...

I will add everyone to main page. Once I get settled back at home I will see how to setup a tournament and how everything works.

I'll give it a try tonight. As for the game, its great! I have always enjoyed hot shots, and this could very easily be my favorite. The small change of earning credits and buying things makes a huge difference for me, I think it makes upgrading much more simple, and rewarding. The graphics are such a huge step forward from the PSP as well, I did not expect that, at all. Looks so nice and crisp. :applause:

pjb, no problems redeeming mine with the boxed version.

Added myself to the tourney list. Anyone got a quick link on how to actually join a tourney other than the daily? I'm new the HSG. Loving it, but I still kinda suck... I tend to end up in the middle of the pack in the dailies.

[quote name='smthng']pjb, no problems redeeming mine with the boxed version.

Added myself to the tourney list. Anyone got a quick link on how to actually join a tourney other than the daily? I'm new the HSG. Loving it, but I still kinda suck... I tend to end up in the middle of the pack in the dailies.[/QUOTE]

I tried to go online earlier and it did let me into lobbies. The online pass just didn't seem to download anything like the Wipeout one did, so I wasn't sure if it worked (and whenever I tried redeeming it after the 1st time it kept saying I entered the code wrong or it was invalid).

[quote name='pjb16']I tried to go online earlier and it did let me into lobbies. The online pass just didn't seem to download anything like the Wipeout one did, so I wasn't sure if it worked (and whenever I tried redeeming it after the 1st time it kept saying I entered the code wrong or it was invalid).[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember the same thing... it didn't look like the online code did anything, but it worked.

If anyone ever wants to check the status of an online pass, here's the easiest way I've found to do so...

Open the PS Store. Click on the little "..." on the bottom and select Services List.
HS1.gif

Tap the service in question. If it's not there, it didn't register.
HS2.gif

It'll show it's real name... tap it again.
HS3.gif

This will show you it's registration start date, end date if it has one and how long you have till it expires.
HS4.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated the main page.

For the tournaments. Online>Enter Lobby>Clubhouse Animal>Floor Cow>Lobby 14

For the CAGs will just set a default clubhouse that we can go into, as of right now I've only seen the Animal clubhouse. So we can just use the path above. If you select multiplayer from the main menu we can only play with up to 8 people. As far as times go we could do daily tournaments at like 11:00p EST, and maybe add Weekends do a 9:00a EST. With this we could do kinda just show up and select a tournament and play with whoever is there.

We could also set up a main weekly CAG tournament say every Sunday @ 8pm or 10pm EST.

Just trying to get the ball rolling here, I'll wait for some feedback and will go from there.

I'm enjoying this game a lot, though I'm disappointed that they removed the random clothing options from the Open Tee games. It seems like that stuff was incorporated into the lobby character, which is pointless from what I can see.

[quote name='combatrhombus']As far as times go we could do daily tournaments at like 11:00p EST, and maybe add Weekends do a 9:00a EST. With this we could do kinda just show up and select a tournament and play with whoever is there.[/quote]

Works for me, but I'm not sure how many I'll show up for that late (I'm EST). Still, if it's informal, it doesn't really matter. It's just good to have the option.

We could also set up a main weekly CAG tournament say every Sunday @ 8pm or 10pm EST.

If you're going to have the dailies as well as the weeklies, I'd prefer the weekly to be a bit more structured, with a running score tally and real "ranking". I can probably be there for that, but it may occasionally get bumped by GT5 night (which is almost, but not quite, dead).

See ya on the green!

Caved in a picked up a Vita at Target today. Since I missed out on the B2G1 sale (didn't know it ended yesterday) I only grabbed HSG. I would like to kindly request a start time for tournaments of 9:00 PM EST at the latest...11PM is just too late for me here on the east coast.

[quote name='SynGamer']Caved in a picked up a Vita at Target today. Since I missed out on the B2G1 sale (didn't know it ended yesterday) I only grabbed HSG. I would like to kindly request a start time for tournaments of 9:00 PM EST at the latest...11PM is just too late for me here on the east coast.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy is still having the buy 2 get 1 free sale.

I'm down for tournaments but I still haven't go my copy I ordered. This will be my first Hot Shots game so I will need a lot practice

[quote name='smthng']Works for me, but I'm not sure how many I'll show up for that late (I'm EST). Still, if it's informal, it doesn't really matter. It's just good to have the option.

If you're going to have the dailies as well as the weeklies, I'd prefer the weekly to be a bit more structured, with a running score tally and real "ranking". I can probably be there for that, but it may occasionally get bumped by GT5 night (which is almost, but not quite, dead).

See ya on the green![/QUOTE]

We can bump the dailies down to 9p EST, we can just use that default room for us CAGs to hop into anytime, and see if anyone else is really on. It looks like you have to book the tournaments in advance and it will accept up to 30 people and it doesn't matter which lobby your in. I left the lobby and came back in and was still booked for my tournament. There is a certain amount of time, you have to complete each hole. You can book tournament 12 hours in advance.

I definitely like the idea of more structured. I'm not sure how to set it up other then going to public lobbies and registering for a tournament in advance and using whatever rules they have set up for said tournament. We could do a time frame on Sunday from 7p-9p EST and pick a tournament each Sunday and try to pick one using different course each week. I'm sure will have repeat course but will have to try and select Mirror or Back tee. Especially in the beginning since we don't have to many course unlocked yet.

Would we want to 1 or 2, 18 hole courses? Or an 18 and a 9 hole?

We could do something like 8 week seasons with a running total of your score with the points as a tie breaker.

I'm up for suggestions and want more input on day/time. I feel as Sunday is the best as everyone is typically home and not doing much, resting and waiting/dreading the new week ahead. This is the first time I have ever attempted to set up any sort of CAG night and tournament. So suggestions and feedback are appreciated or if anyone else wants to take control feel free, I certainly can help and/or run it.

As far as day time, Sunday/Monday would be ideal. 9PM EST will work for both days. I would suggest, early on, we try 9 hole games, just to see how long it takes to complete for everyone.

[quote name='combatrhombus']We can bump the dailies down to 9p EST, we can just use that default room for us CAGs to hop into anytime, and see if anyone else is really on. It looks like you have to book the tournaments in advance and it will accept up to 30 people and it doesn't matter which lobby your in. I left the lobby and came back in and was still booked for my tournament. There is a certain amount of time, you have to complete each hole. You can book tournament 12 hours in advance.

I definitely like the idea of more structured. I'm not sure how to set it up other then going to public lobbies and registering for a tournament in advance and using whatever rules they have set up for said tournament. We could do a time frame on Sunday from 7p-9p EST and pick a tournament each Sunday and try to pick one using different course each week. I'm sure will have repeat course but will have to try and select Mirror or Back tee. Especially in the beginning since we don't have to many course unlocked yet.

Would we want to 1 or 2, 18 hole courses? Or an 18 and a 9 hole?

We could do something like 8 week seasons with a running total of your score with the points as a tie breaker.

I'm up for suggestions and want more input on day/time. I feel as Sunday is the best as everyone is typically home and not doing much, resting and waiting/dreading the new week ahead. This is the first time I have ever attempted to set up any sort of CAG night and tournament. So suggestions and feedback are appreciated or if anyone else wants to take control feel free, I certainly can help and/or run it.[/QUOTE]

I like the 8 week season / 9pm est Sunday timing, I'd certainly be there with bells on. There should be some sort of calendar / reminder system built in to the vita. That is my demand!

I would love to be in this as well. Been doing the daily INTL tournaments and still cant get enough HSG. Sunday and/or Monday sounds good to me as well.

PSN is QuantamPulse

[quote name='handsomepete']I like the 8 week season / 9pm est Sunday timing, I'd certainly be there with bells on. There should be some sort of calendar / reminder system built in to the vita. That is my demand![/QUOTE]

That would work for me as well.

I'm pretty much in agreement with Syn on all counts, especially starting on 9 hole courses. I've only got three courses available to me, so I'd like to know how a tournament handles that. If the tourney organizer picks a course I don't have yet, can I join and play "blind", or am I hosed. This is my first HSG, so I'm new to all this stuff.

I'd like to see the first three weeks be 9 holes on the first two courses. No funky clubs, balls or penalty rules for the first two weeks. After that, I'd say vote on rules and course, but at least two weeks in advance so players have the time to unlock and practice courses beforehand if needed. Just suggestions, I'd just like see it start fair for n00bs (that would be me).

Peace!

bread's done
Back