Metal Gear Solid HD Collection LE $59.99 at Gamestop

From the site for those wondering.
The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection 'Limited Edition' features the full compilation of the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection including Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker, all in High-Definition for the first time ever in one offering. From the legendary development studio Kojima Productions, all games are completely re-mastered to showcase these epic titles with stunning HD graphics for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 within a specialized package created by series artist Yoji Shinkawa. In addition, the 'Limited Edition' will include a never before released 250 page premium art book showcasing the art of Metal Gear Solid.

In short: 250 page art book

I bought this for $79.99 in November for PS3. I know they have an extended return policy; but I imagine since I've opened it - and no other store around me has stock - that they don't do extend price guarantees, correct?

Nice catch, OP. Too bad no store within 100 miles of me has any left in stock!

[quote name='mattcube64']I bought this for $79.99 in November for PS3. I know they have an extended return policy; but I imagine since I've opened it - and no other store around me has stock - that they don't do extend price guarantees, correct?[/QUOTE]

Yea, no price guarantees or price matching (in my experience). If you had been lucky enough to pick up another copy at this price, you could have done a return with your $79.99 receipt.

EDIT: I meant in the case where you've already opened up your copy of the LE.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've got these in stock near me, and I was planning on picking up the MGS HD Collection anyway, but I'm wondering if this is worth the artbook. I'm not exactly a sucker for collector's editions, but this one seems to be pretty rare. Does anyone know what the resale value on this might be after I play it through? The GSs here in Puerto Rico don't open on sunday, so I've got time to mull it over lol but if you guys could give me an opinion, I'd be mighty grateful.

You can ABSOLUTELY do a price adjustment. All they do is return it @ $79.99 and rebuy @ $59.99. I do this all the time. None of my local stores had the infamous 2 hero edition but I was still able to get it adjusted. As long as its within the RETURN DATES (which this is until Jan 14 or 15, cant remember the exact day) you are fine. I''m going right when they open.

So why is it again that everyone wants the PS3 version and not the 360 one? I just did a search out of curiosity and there were no stores within a 100 mile radius of me that had the PS3 version but tons of stores around me have the 360 one.

I have BOTH LE's. YEah I know. But I get everything MGS. Anyway. This series is made for a PS controller. It feels OFF using an Xbox controller. Also no pressure sensitive buttons on Xbox. The Triggers yes. But the other buttons NO. It makes the game hard to play as that pressure sensitive is very essential. Throwing grenades is a real issue as well.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']You can ABSOLUTELY do a price adjustment. All they do is return it @ $79.99 and rebuy @ $59.99. I do this all the time. None of my local stores had the infamous 2 hero edition but I was still able to get it adjusted. As long as its within the RETURN DATES (which this is until Jan 14 or 15, cant remember the exact day) you are fine. I''m going right when they open.[/QUOTE]

You sure about that? I have a copy and even though my GS near me is pretty decent I've never heard of them doing that. Is this an official policy or really YMMV?

Even though it was purchased with some trade ins I'd love the 20 bucks, even if I was just going to turn around and spend it there.

[quote name='suwillgetu']So why is it again that everyone wants the PS3 version and not the 360 one? I just did a search out of curiosity and there were no stores within a 100 mile radius of me that had the PS3 version but tons of stores around me have the 360 one.[/QUOTE]
It's more of a nostalgic thing, it has nothing to do with which platform is better (okay, maybe the controller, I said "maybe" because some people still like the Xbox controller better).

I paid $28 for the regular edition (PS3) so I'm not concerned about the LE. Good luck finding a copy of this. Like others stated, two stores around me have the X360 LE in stock and not the PS3 version.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']so just to confirm the only extra is the artbook ? Is the case any different?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its just the art book, though everything comes in a nice cardboard slip case as well.

My closest store has one but its gutted for 360 and I already have a 360 copy. Decisions decisions.
EDIT: How long is Best Buy's return policy on sealed products? I'd buy this and return the game that comes with it to best buy. I bought the game at launch on 11/8/11 so I'm not sure if that's outside the return window for sealed products

Hmm...I still have mine (PS3 version) from November still sealed. Dare I go and try a return and rebuy? I kind of want that extra $30, but don't want that shady feeling. Leaning towards not doing a rebuy.

Might get the Xbox 360 version of the limited edition just to be different and play/rebuy cheaper the PS3 non-limited edition.

Edit: off-topic...anyone else having technical problems? I keep getting logged out within a few minutes. Already know that after a certain amount of time you automatically get logged out, but this seems a lot shorter duration.

[quote name='suwillgetu']So why is it again that everyone wants the PS3 version and not the 360 one? I just did a search out of curiosity and there were no stores within a 100 mile radius of me that had the PS3 version but tons of stores around me have the 360 one.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version is on one disc, and also features pressure sensitive buttons. On the PS2 versions, you could press the face button lightly to raise your gun, and press it all the way to fire. 360 works a little differently, though I'm not sure how they changed it.

Plus having MGS1 and MGS4 playable on PS3, so you have the whole collection on one system.

Hmm...see that tons of Xbox360 version are out there, but no PS3 one. I own the PS3 version, but How does it play on the Xbox360? I wanna keep my PS3 version sealed, but hope the controls on the Xbox360 aren't clunky to play on.

Online it says they have one at my local GS, the one I usually go to right around the corner. I called and they say they don't have it. 'Doh!!

[quote name='NolbertoS']Hmm...see that tons of Xbox360 version are out there, but no PS3 one. I own the PS3 version, but How does it play on the Xbox360? I wanna keep my PS3 version sealed, but hope the controls on the Xbox360 aren't clunky to play on.[/QUOTE]

I've already played through MGS2 on 360, the controls are fine.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Edit: off-topic...anyone else having technical problems? I keep getting logged out within a few minutes. Already know that after a certain amount of time you automatically get logged out, but this seems a lot shorter duration.[/QUOTE]

I bit the bullet and had it remember me on both of my PCs recently as I grew really fucking tired of being logged out after viewing, I don't know, two threads?

As for the pressure-sensitive buttons, I was never aware any buttons on a PS controller were pressure sensitive aside from the triggers. I really can't wrap my mind around that...

...because MGS is a Sony series. It doesn't belong on the 360.

[quote name='Romeo']...because MGS is a Sony series. It doesn't belong on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Shut up fanboy. If it wasn't on 360, alot of people, myself included, wouldn't be able to play the games.

[quote name='Romeo']...because MGS is a Sony series. It doesn't belong on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked MGS is a Konami series.

[quote name='KtMack23']Shut up fanboy. If it wasn't on 360, alot of people, myself included, wouldn't be able to play the games.[/QUOTE]

Fanboy? I buy most games for 360, about 70 to date where I own 25 PS3 games. I always buy multiconsole games on 360.

MGS belongs on Sony consoles with Sony controllers.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Just returned no problem for the price adjustment. both of em[/QUOTE]

That's encouraging. Going to try this later today for my 360 version. Thanks for the heads up OP

[quote name='Romeo']Fanboy? I buy most games for 360, about 70 to date where I own 25 PS3 games. I always buy multiconsole games on 360.

MGS belongs on Sony consoles with Sony controllers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! And FF XIII was ruined because it was on 360! And Gears of War too!

Just giving you more talking points for your blatant fanboyism. You probably ono all this already though.(

Side note...the regular edition is $39.99, says normal price is $49.99. Is this a sale or has it been like this a while? I thought I saw somewhere once before that it was at this price, but can't remember if it was Gamestop or not.

I remember this game being a lot better. With 100% honesty I must say this game today at least for me is just not any fun. Also it is graphically outdated with many other games surpassing it.

Save your money people, this Remake is not very good at all.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Yeah! And FF XIII was ruined because it was on 360! And Gears of War too!

Just giving you more talking points for your blatant fanboyism. You probably ono all this already though.(

Side note...the regular edition is $39.99, says normal price is $49.99. Is this a sale or has it been like this a while? I thought I saw somewhere once before that it was at this price, but can't remember if it was Gamestop or not.[/QUOTE]

How am I a fanboy? Let me reiterate:

Final Fantasy: always a Sony series in the past
MGS: always a Sony series
Gears of War: Microsoft studios

And again, I always prefer to buy 360 games if a game is multiconsole. I just keep series on the systems they belong on.

[quote name='KtMack23']Shut up fanboy. If it wasn't on 360, alot of people, myself included, wouldn't be able to play the games.[/QUOTE]

What he means is, the majority of us who originally played mgs2 and 3 played them on a ps2 with a ps2 controller and that's how we want to re-play them. The numbers speak for themselves. It's the same reason I refuse to get the splinter cell hd collection for ps3, because I originally played them on xbox.

Are Gamestops open today? There's a ton of stores with the X360 version, but only a couple way out of the way with PS3 within 100 miles

pfft screw sony and microsoft. metal gear was always NINTENDO!!! if you want to play that card.
SNAKES REVENGE BABY!!!!!

[quote name='Romeo']I just keep series on the systems they belong on.[/QUOTE]

Get real, you must want a spanking.

$59.99? What is this garbage? At one point I saw this on a shelf at a local Gamestop so it must be in-stock everywhere! LMAO at all of you that paid $79.99 for this and also at those of you scrambling around to find this at $59.99

Their are no true Limited Editions anymore. I'll just pick this up for $9.99 in a few months.

Besides isn't it obvious their is going to be a reprint?

DURRRRRRRR

[quote name='GBAstar']$59.99? What is this garbage? At one point I saw this on a shelf at a local Gamestop so it must be in-stock everywhere! LMAO at all of you that paid $79.99 for this and also at those of you scrambling around to find this at $59.99

Their are no true Limited Editions anymore. I'll just pick this up for $9.99 in a few months.

DURRRRRRRR[/QUOTE]

I don't even...What? What are you trying to say. Considering the only place I have seen this LE is gamestop (and only one copy per), I am going to say these are fairly limited at this point. I see no indication of a reprint either, so now you are just trolling hard.

[quote name='GBAstar']$59.99? What is this garbage? At one point I saw this on a shelf at a local Gamestop so it must be in-stock everywhere! LMAO at all of you that paid $79.99 for this and also at those of you scrambling around to find this at $59.99

DURRRRRRRR[/QUOTE]
Nice try. If you seen something once at a GS, it must be instock everywhere? That deserves to be somebody's sig!
Thanks OP. Was able to return/rebuy both editions to get back $42 & change.
For $59.99 this is totally worth it

does the pick up in store tracker work for you guys? after i enter my zipcode, it doesn't list the locations and brings me to a page full of other items for sale. do i have to clear cookies or something?

[quote name='frpilot']does the pick up in store tracker work for you guys? after i enter my zipcode, it doesn't list the locations and brings me to a page full of other items for sale. do i have to clear cookies or something?[/QUOTE]

Ya, mines working. Checked near me and no stores within 100 miles have it, but then checked New York, New York and they have it.

The one LE I should have picked up at launch and I don't. Damn it.

[quote name='frpilot']does the pick up in store tracker work for you guys? after i enter my zipcode, it doesn't list the locations and brings me to a page full of other items for sale. do i have to clear cookies or something?[/QUOTE]Are you hitting the "Enter" key after you input your zip code, or are you hitting the "Find" button next to where you input your zip code?

bread's done
Back