Back To The Future (PS3/Wii) - $9.99 @ GS

i just picked this up yesterday. heard it was decent. has 5 episodes of what happens after the 3rd movie. gameplay is like Touch Detective DS and Strongbad on WiiWare where you have to find items and talk to people to trigger the next part of the story

Yep, it's been that way for a few days. I picked up a new copy for myself on Friday. I'm glad new copies are only a dollar more since the closest pre-owned copy is almost 70 miles away.

I picked this up for PS3 at Best Buy a while ago. My girlfriend and I will finish this game one day. On another note, I haven't bought anything from GameStop since that whole PS3 Dualshock 3 fiasco...jerks.

totally worth it...and I agree with the previous poster that Gamestop blows and won't get my business even if it is a good deal. Plus, I just finished it last night.

I'm a huge fan of back to the future but this whole point and read/listen game sucks. Sure the voices are very good and the story is there but I'm trying to play a game here and have fun. Didn't even bother finishing episode 1. Try that before getting it.

Yeah, for those that want to try & buy, Episode 1 is free to download on PSN. Also should mentioned the downloadable versions & the disc version have separate trophies.

For only $10, I'm totally getting this. I really want to play the rest of the episodes & see what happens.

I heard there were major issues in the PS3 port that weren't even cleaned up for the later Wii port, and that the PC version is the best version to get.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I'm a huge fan of back to the future but this whole point and read/listen game sucks. Sure the voices are very good and the story is there but I'm trying to play a game here and have fun. Didn't even bother finishing episode 1. Try that before getting it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Which makes me kinda sad they're doing a Walking Dead game. Can TellTale do anything besides point and clicks? :/

I thought it was decent, if a bit easy (even more obvious than Sam & Max, which I loved). I guess I don't feel bad paying $15 for it (B1G1 50% off), but all of these prices dropping so quickly on so many games is making me gun-shy to pick up any more "deals" I don't really need. This one I got quickly only because Sam & Max seemed to be a limited print run.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I'm a huge fan of back to the future but this whole point and read/listen game sucks. Sure the voices are very good and the story is there but I'm trying to play a game here and have fun. Didn't even bother finishing episode 1. Try that before getting it.[/QUOTE]

I am a huge Back to the Future fan (my favorite movies of all time) and I absolutely loved this game. I flew through all five of the chapters in a couple of days because I couldn't stop playing. I feel they did a fantastic job making the game feel like a continuation of the movies, and it was really awesome seeing how the characters came to life through different time-lines/periods.

I agree the point and click may not be the best method of delivering this fantastic addition to series, but there is so much information here that it is worth going through the game at least once. I went through every piece of dialog I could just to learn more about the world and characters. You are missing out on one fantastic ride by not pushing through the first chapter.

I felt like point-and-click was the perfect vehicle for a BttF game, this is just one of the most insultingly easiest adventure games I've ever played. Great for beginniners, kinda boring for veterans.

yeah got this $10 from bestbuy a month or so ago.
finished it in a week, it was fun tho. ep1 is the longest, ep2-5 i finished in a nite or 2 of casual play. Edna is a bitch. lol
trophies stack too, so trophywhores like me can get all trophiesx2 if you can stomach this boring game. lol
flipped it back to bestbuy also so free rental. woot

n yeah, this is super easy. you can't lose/die/do anything wrong really. i had my kids do it the 2nd time and they can just use the hints. it was fun the first time tho, but only difficulty is getting all missable trophies. i had to restart ep2 from the beginning cuz i didnt read the #'s on the bar to get the secret door trophy later on. but yeah. woot

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Can TellTale do anything besides point and clicks? :/[/QUOTE]They did Poker Night at the Inventory, but yeah, pretty much all their games are p-&-c style. Nothing wrong with that (it's an okay genre that works if you make the story interesting/funny), though it would be neat to see them branch out to different genres.

Wonder if this is just a quick sale or a permanent price drop.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I am a huge Back to the Future fan (my favorite movies of all time) and I absolutely loved this game. I flew through all five of the chapters in a couple of days because I couldn't stop playing. I feel they did a fantastic job making the game feel like a continuation of the movies, and it was really awesome seeing how the characters came to life through different time-lines/periods.

I agree the point and click may not be the best method of delivering this fantastic addition to series, but there is so much information here that it is worth going through the game at least once. I went through every piece of dialog I could just to learn more about the world and characters. You are missing out on one fantastic ride by not pushing through the first chapter.[/QUOTE]

I totally felt the same way starting the game but it just lost its allure. Rather quickly, too. Definitely worth playing if you're that type that loves the characters and want to see them in different situations but for me it didn't work out.

I see it as an interactive BttF 4, set to Pixar-like visuals. Played the first free episode, was stunned to see it for $10 new @ my local GS, but snagged it for $5 after a PUR coupon. Loving it so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JustinSaneV2']Was this game not released for the 360?[/QUOTE]

It was not, and will probably never be. 'Back to the Future' as a property is owned by Sony Pictures, if I remember correctly.

I think Universal Pictures did Back to the Future hence why they use to have the Back to the Future ride at Universal Studios in LA :p now its The Simpsons ride. Anyhow if you have an iPad they all 5 episodes on there for stupid prices though.

[quote name='kiwimonster']I think Universal Pictures did Back to the Future hence why they use to have the Back to the Future ride at Universal Studios in LA :p now its The Simpsons ride. Anyhow if you have an iPad they all 5 episodes on there for stupid prices though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, did some google-fu and saw that you are right. I was probably thinking of Ghostbusters.:)

Had to hit up 2 different Gamestops earlier but finally found it. First one i went to had one but it was gutted. I dont care if it's a "display" copy, i'm not going to pay the brand new price for an item that has been opened.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']It was not, and will probably never be. 'Back to the Future' as a property is owned by Sony Pictures, if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

Quite strange considering that Jurassic Park was also done by Telltale and is also an Amblin/Universal Studios property just like Back to the Future yet it was released on the Xbox 360.

i got up to ep 4. im a fan of the movies. story is pretty interesting but the game is kinda boring. i stopped playing on saturday. i will try to finish it this week.

Bought it at Best Buy a while ago for this price. Go on PSN today and find out it is free for ps+, le sigh -.-. Oh well, physical copy>digital copy.

[quote name='sylveranking']Bought it at Best Buy a while ago for this price. Go on PSN today and find out it is free for ps+, le sigh -.-. Oh well, physical copy>digital copy.[/QUOTE]

Free > 9.99

It's okay, I did the same thing.

[quote name='utstick']Free > 9.99

It's okay, I did the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, mine is still sealed so I'm thinking about returning if I go to best buy before the 15th for the extended return period.

[quote name='sylveranking']Yeah, mine is still sealed so I'm thinking about returning if I go to best buy before the 15th for the extended return period.[/QUOTE]

I rather have the physical copy because all of those downloaded games via PS Plus are going to take a lot of space in the future. I just downloaded all three Syphon Filter games! I can't wait to play through those games again. I can't remember if I finished the third one though.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I rather have the physical copy because all of those downloaded games via PS Plus are going to take a lot of space in the future. I just downloaded all three Syphon Filter games! I can't wait to play through those games again. I can't remember if I finished the third one though.[/QUOTE]

I actually just bought a refurbished psp 3000 from gamestop for 80. Been enjoying playing the original ps1 games on it (playing spyro 1 currently).

[quote name='sylveranking']I actually just bought a refurbished psp 3000 from gamestop for 80. Been enjoying playing the original ps1 games on it (playing spyro 1 currently).[/QUOTE]

That's pretty awesome. I hated the demo as a kid, but I'm definitely willing to give it another try now that I know what to do, lol.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That's pretty awesome. I hated the demo as a kid, but I'm definitely willing to give it another try now that I know what to do, lol.[/QUOTE]

Its a great platformer, especially considering how simple the gameplay is. Definitely scratches that old school gaming itch. On the go with the psp is even better (although I really only play it in the house,lol).

[quote name='sylveranking']Its a great platformer, especially considering how simple the gameplay is. Definitely scratches that old school gaming itch. On the go with the psp is even better (although I really only play it in the house,lol).[/QUOTE]

Lol, that's great. That's why I stopped buying handheld systems. I would only play them in the house.

Well, checked GameStop. It went back to $20, both online & in the store....

1/2 tempted to use my free month of PS+ to get all the episodes & quickly beat them/get all the trophies before my month is up.

[quote name='sylveranking']Bought it at Best Buy a while ago for this price. Go on PSN today and find out it is free for ps+, le sigh -.-. Oh well, physical copy>digital copy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='utstick']Free > 9.99[/QUOTE]

free > 9.99 > 19.99

for a wii copy, which is what i paid, but didn't have a choice b/c how can you say to someone 'this is your x'mas present but only when it reaches my CAG price point of under-$10'?

during the BB sale, i wondered why the wii version wasn't also discounted: maybe b/c they know soccer moms are pushovers.

I minimized the pain of the more expensive Wii version (I like *true* point 'n click games) by doing B1G1 50% off at TRU, so got it for $15. Still love the game, but can't believe it dropped so fast... and is so widely available (compared with Sam & Max).

for those trying to get the trophies quick, i was able to 100% this with only playing an episode a night for a few hours. just make sure to check roadmaps cuz some episodes have missable trophies, and episode 2 has a missable trophy that i had to restart the whole episode with to read the #'s on the bar, but really didnt take that long. the first ep is long, but all others are maybe 2-3 hours max.

bread's done
Back