Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/1/12 to 1/7/12)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy is throwing in $75 gift card with an Xbox 360 250 GB Kinect bundle. The Nyko Zoom drops to $19.99.

kmart.gif
Kmart knocks 20% off Sony Move accessories.

icontarget.gif
Target drops Kinect to $99.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us is holding a 20% off sale on all clearance video games and accessories and a 50% off sale on all video game storage items. Modern Warfare 3 is $44.99.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks,Gamer SDP - See post here

:360: Xbox 360 250GB Console w/Kinect + $75 gift card $399.99
:360: Kinect Sensor (with Kinect Adventures) $119.99
:360: Nyko Zoom $19.99
:360: 320GB Media HD (includes Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars) $129.99

:360: Jillian Fitness Adventures $19.99
:360: Motorsports Play For Real
:360: Kinect Sports Season Two $29.99
:360: Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 $29.99
:360: UFC Trainer $29.99
:360: Zumba fitness $29.99
:360: Motorsports Adrenaline $39.99
:360: Rabbids Alive & Kicking $39.99

iconbestbuy.gif
Save 20% when buying 2+ pre-owned games
iconbestbuy.gif
50% extra trade-in credit when you trade in any game

GameStop (Ad)
Valid until 1/3

:360: Xbox 360 250GB console + $75 gift card $299.99
:360: Kinect $129.99
50% bonus trade-in credit when used toward used items
and more

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, SHC-Gamer - See post here

Note: Some offers may or may not appear in the actual Sunday Ad, but were posted on CAG by SHC-Gamer. Offers end on Saturday.

Save 20% on Sony Move accessories. Prices shown after discount:
:ps3: Move Navigation controller $23.99
:ps3: Move Sharpshooter $31.99
:ps3: Move controller $39.99
:ps3: Playstation Move bundle (Deadmund's Quest & Sports Champions) $79.99

:wii: Just Dance Kids $19.99
:wii::360: Just Dance Kids 2 $19.99
:wii: The Smurfs Dance Party $19.99

:wii: ABBA You Can Dance $29.99
:wii: Just Dance $29.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $29.99
:wii::360: Michael Jackson The Experience $29.99
:wii: Zumba Fitness $29.99
:wii: Zumba Fitness 2 $29.99
:wii::360: Just Dance 3 $29.99

:wii::360: The Black Eyed Peas Experience $39.99
:360: Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012 $39.99
:360: Jillian Michaels Fitness Adventure $39.99

:wii: Wii Fit Plus $84.99

Target (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See post here

:360: Kinect sensor $99

:wii: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games $29
:360::wii: Just Dance 3 $29
:wii: Zumba Fitness 2 $29

:360::ps3::wii: Disney Universe $39
:360: Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012 $39

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $49
:360::ps3: WWE 12 $49

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See post here

icontoysrus_r1.gif
20% off all clearance video games and accessories.
icontoysrus_r1.gif
50% off all video game storage.
icontoysrus_r1.gif
All Skylanders figures: buy 2 for $15.

:3ds: Buy a 3DS for $169.99, get a DS Element Game Tray and a $10 Toys R Us gift card for free.

"Save up to $20 on these games, offer valid on :360::ps3::wii:"
:360::wii: Minute To Win It $19.99
:ps3::wii: Phineas & Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension $19.99
:360::ps3::wii: Cars 2 $19.99
:360::ps3::wii: Disney Universe $29.99
:360::ps3::wii: Modern Warfare 3 $44.99
:360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third $49.99
:360::ps3: WWE 12 $49.99
:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $54.99

:ds: Wappydog with toy dog $29.99

:wii: Lego Play & Build Remote $19.99
:360::ps3: Air Flo wired controller $24.99
:wii: Power A Pro Pack Mini $24.99
:360: Batarang wired controller $34.99
:ps3: Batarang wireless controller $34.99
:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 gaming headset $39.99
:ps3::pc: Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 gaming headset $39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually get ads for the next week on Wed/Thurs but someone usually posts it.

:360: (No other deals)

$19.99
Jillian Fitness Adventures
Motorsports Play For Real

$29.99
Kinect Sports Season Two
Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012
----(first two front page)
UFC Trainer
Zumba fitness

$39.99
Motorsports Adrenaline
Rabbids Alive & Kicking

250GB Console w/Kinect (includes Kinect Adventures) $399.99 w/ $75 GC
Kinect Sensor (with Kinect Adventures) $119.99
Nyko Zoom $19.99
320GB Media HD (includes Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars) $129.99

:hot: HOT DEALS etc :hot:

"Save 20% when buying 2+ pre-owned games"

"50% extra trade-in credit when you trade in any game"

*DEAD*
One day sale in-store only (1.1.12) $9.99 each

rocketfish Noise-canceling Wireless Headset for PS3 note I ordered online for instore pickup 2 days before the sale; when I went to pick up today the receipt had the sale price. order online for in-store pickup if you don't feel like wasting time; wait for confirm email to pickup. make sure to pickup today Jan 1 2012 for sale price!
L.A. Noire (vanilla) 360/PS3
*DEAD*

Dang thats a sweet tradein promo. Although I wanted to grab Max Payne 3 anyways.

And is that LA Noire for 10?

"50% extra trade-in credit when you trade in any game"

It seems BBY is really struggling getting used game trade-ins.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Hmm with the crysis 2 and gears 3 coupons plus the 20% promo with the 10% from the gamer card you can get a used gears 3 and crysis 2 for around 21$. Thats good :)[/QUOTE]

probably won't automatically stack. but if it goes through or someone approves it :applause:

[quote name='Stimes']In for LA Noire again, is the DLC still on sale?[/QUOTE]

Yes but we.don't know.when it.ends so.buy it now

[quote name='foreinter']"50% extra trade-in credit when you trade in any game"

It seems BBY is really struggling getting used game trade-ins.[/QUOTE]
really? i've been trading in a load of games to them, maybe they should try organizing their used game section a little better, can't seem to find anything since it's a freaking mess and the prices are garbage.

[quote name='exaznkid']really? i've been trading in a load of games to them, maybe they should try organizing their used game section a little better, can't seem to find anything since it's a freaking mess and the prices are garbage.[/QUOTE]

My BBY's used game section is very bare, its barely half filled for the 360 section, the rest of the consoles barely have 2 rows of games.

Anyone here have any experience with that Rocketfish headset? There are 2 good reviews and 2 bad on the Bestbuy website. I mean for $10 i will probably chance it, but just thought i would ask.

[quote name='dgwillia006']And are those headsets supposed to be any
good?[/QUOTE]

I am wondering the same thing, I already have the official sony wireless headset but I wouldn't mind picking one of those up, it would make an excellent gift

[quote name='dgwillia006']The reviews dont look too good (Atleast on Best Buy's site). But you cant really go wrong for 10$[/QUOTE]

False. Buy a mcrib with that $10. That's wrong, way wrong.

[quote name='rey6eric']I'll be taking advantage of that 50% bonus trade in, if I'm not banned of course.[/QUOTE]

How do even get banned for trading games?

Anyway, I got some games that I was thinking of trading to GAMESTOP, but the 50% bonus + 10% RZ unlock members = 60% :) greatest deal EVER!!

-Save 20% when buying 2+ pre-owned games-
I really hope my magazine comes later on todays, but am guessing it won't as its new years eve.

There is a $20 off coupon for Rocketfish gaming headsets in the newest @Gamer magazine.

(see thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312027)

These coupons stack with sale prices, and even the back says markdown taken from sale prices.

This headset is on sale for $9.99, if one were to use the coupon does it make the headset free?

Hmmm that is interesting, I did not think of it. I'll do my best to try and find out on the first. I need to go to BB anyway, so if I can get a free headset, nice bonus.

There is no way they would let us take it for free, but that would be sweet!!

Think it might be worth it to get pick the headset up tomorrow? Then do a return rebuy if possible?

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']There is no way they would let us take it for free, but that would be sweet!!

Think it might be worth it to get pick the headset up tomorrow? Then do a return rebuy if possible?[/QUOTE]

Headset is $10 on sale. It is a gaming headset. It is wireless. It is made by Rocketfish. It is on sale 1/1/12.

The coupon states it works on the following: Sale prices. Can be wired or wireless. Needs to be a gaming headset. Needs to be made by Rocketfish. And it only works 1/1/12 till 3/3/12.

Nowhere on the coupon does it state what the price of the headset needs to be for the coupon to work. $10-20=-10, more then likely rounded up to $0.

There have been free items in the past, so don't say it won't happen. I see no reason for it to not work.

i miss those online coupons that would let you walk out with free games. i keep waiting for @gamer coupons to do that but they seem to be getting... better at that?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Headset is $10 on sale. It is a gaming headset. It is wireless. It is made by Rocketfish.

The coupon states it works on the following: Sale prices. Can be wired or wireless. Needs to be a gaming headset. Needs to be made by Rocketfish.

Nowhere on the coupon does it state what the price of the headset needs to be for the coupon to work. $10-20=-10, more then likely rounded up to $0.

There have been free items in the past, so don't say it won't happen. I see no reason for it to not work.[/QUOTE]

Oh I agree 100% that it should work, but I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if they'd make up some clause you know? I think I'll go purchase one tomorrow and return rebuy with the coupon on Sunday.

[quote name='Abeja']Dang thats a sweet tradein promo. Although I wanted to grab Max Payne 3 anyways. And is that LA Noire for 10?[/QUOTE]yep, & this time it's w/o the @gamer coupon/

[quote name='foreinter']"50% extra trade-in credit when you trade in any game" It seems BBY is really struggling getting used game trade-ins.[/QUOTE]Not even, the 5 for $100 deals have "surged" the trade ins but it seems to vary on store selection probably by the location & how many come in the particular store. The ones in SE PA, NJ & DE have tons of games all those $20 GH rows are mirrored by the used titles.

Remember BB has stated that they're going to be "extremely aggressive" with their game deals & want to be a "force" that makes them the "only place to buy games from" so this is their strategy.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy'] How do even get banned for trading games? Anyway, I got some games that I was thinking of trading to GAMESTOP, but the 50% bonus + 10% RZ unlock members = 60% :) greatest deal EVER!!QUOTE] trade in mulitple copies of the same game beyond 3 you'll get banned for 1 yr. And the 60% TIV is hella good but when GS or BB offers $5 per game on top of the reg TIV & 10% that's where you can really stack credit I used to spend $200-$300 @ places grabbing cheap games just to get more sets to make $900-$1300 in credit, if BB allowed me to do that I'd have a couple TV's, Ipads, etc :bouncy:

[quote name='Saix_XIII']There have been free items in the past, so don't say it won't happen. I see no reason for it to not work.[/QUOTE]It's never truly "free" since you probably will be in a state that charges tax but just paying that is still a hella deal.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']
:hot: HOT DEALS etc :hot:

One day sale in-store only (1.1.12) $9.99 each
rocketfish Noise-canceling Wireless Headset for PS3
L.A. Noire (vanilla) 360/PS3

"Save 20% when buying 2+ pre-owned games"

"50% extra trade-in credit when you trade in any game"[/QUOTE]

Are the 20% off and 50% bonus trade in credit also 1/1/12 only?

This headset coupon deal will go one of two ways...

#1. The headset is considered "gaming" and the coupon will bring the price down to $0.00 and the reciept will print out immediately after they hit total

OR

#2. The headset is considered a "bluetooth" device (even though it is branded as gaming) and nothing will apply and the total will be $9.99

[quote name='Enuf']It's never truly "free" since you probably will be in a state that charges tax but just paying that is still a hella deal.[/QUOTE]

Tax on $0 is $0. :)

Was there ever a gOod flip for borderlands and the DLC on disc? My store had at least 10+ copies each for the 360.

[quote name='exaznkid']really? i've been trading in a load of games to them, maybe they should try organizing their used game section a little better, can't seem to find anything since it's a freaking mess and the prices are garbage.[/QUOTE]

They need to lure people by offering more and lower some of the prices for used games. They are grossly over priced and if they fall the high priced stticker is still on them.

That headset is one of those 'in-ear' ones it looks like.:puke: I hate those. I have the Socom Confrontation bundle still sealed from Sears that I picked up for $10-20 a while ago that has the official one in it and that's an 'earbud' type headset too if I remember correctly.

But eh, for free I'll grab a Rocketfish headset and see if it works decently or not. I'm using an old USB SOCOM headset from the PS2 as of now, so it might be an improvement.

There was a thread a few months back where a game was supposed to be free after coupon (I think it was gears of war triple pack but not sure). Either way, I don't remember anyone getting it for free since the managers were saying if you use the coupon, the discount comes off of the original price.

[quote name='thetruth1983']There was a thread a few months back where a game was supposed to be free after coupon (I think it was gears of war triple pack but not sure). Either way, I don't remember anyone getting it for free since the managers were saying if you use the coupon, the discount comes off of the original price.[/QUOTE]
That was before they clarified on the BB forums that the coupons should stack with sale prices. Lately as long as the sale price is in effect during the date range of the coupon then it should stack automatically.

If not then simply find and bring up the thread on the BB Unlocked forums saying that the coupons are supposed to stack and you shouldn't have an issue. Albeit in this case where something may come up as free after the coupon is applied I would kind of expect some sort of resistance.

Oh and for those who don't already know, Blockbuster Video is supposedly continuing their 3/$15 5/$25 sale on $14.99 and under games/movies until further notice. L.A. Noire for both :ps3: and :360: BOTH qualify for the sale now. So if you buy one of the bundles, you can get a pre-owned copy of LAN for $5.;)

I have this sneaking suspicion that TIVs are going to drop like a rock tomorrow night... hrmm :cold:

When do people typically receive @Gamer magazines?

[quote name='9Tale']I have this sneaking suspicion that TIVs are going to drop like a rock tomorrow night... hrmm :cold:

When do people typically receive @Gamer magazines?[/QUOTE]

I never did get a December issue. I got my issue for January on Thursday

bread's done
Back