$5 off anything over $9.99 at ebgames.ca

chaoticorder75

CAGiversary!
Ebgames.ca is having a promo till Jan 7 where if you enter promo code: Promo5off
at checkout you get $5 off your order.

Still works with things priced $19.99 to qualify for free shipping (at $14.99)

I bought a few 1400ms point cards for $16.94 each tax inc. with free shipping. :D

Awesome. Thanks for the coupon code. I just bought a MS Point card myself as well. Love the free shipping part to save me a trip to the store.

Good deal and I'm happy to share, but this was supposed to be only for those who purchased consoles with coupon books, lol.

Thanks for the "exclusive" bonus EB!

I added a $20 PSN card and it came up to $16.95 after taxes. A savings of only $3 considering every story sells PSN cards without tax.

[quote name='ragnar14']Nice! I canceled and reordered Xenoblade :)[/QUOTE]

Might order too, they don't charge my card until the game is released right?

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']Cool. Ordered Back to the Future for PS3 (seems to be hard to find)[/QUOTE]

Apart from it being available on the PlayStation Store since its debut, and also being free for PlayStation Plus members this week.... yes, probably a little hard to find. :)

[quote name='bdavid81']Apart from it being available on the PlayStation Store since its debut, and also being free for PlayStation Plus members this week.... yes, probably a little hard to find. :)[/QUOTE]

I like hard copies of my games.

I suppose I'll pass on ALSO pointing out the obvious.

There doesn't seem to be a limit on the number of times you can use it, currently canceling and replacing all of my preorders. I'm 6 games in and it's still working. Thanks for the tip chaotic!

Well, thanks. Got:
- Tales of Graces F
- Hakuoki PSP
- Devil Survivor 2
- xenoblade chronicles
- Gungnir PSP
- Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY
- 20$ PSN card
- 1400 XBLA points

They better honor this! Every little bit helps. Thinking about getting Binary Domain day 1 too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just cancelled my pre-order for Xenoblade, do I have to wait until it refreshes showing I cancelled, then re-order it? Or, can I just reorder it after cancelling?

I would think it would treat it as a completely separate order, so you shouldn't have to wait.

[quote name='Icetron']Might order too, they don't charge my card until the game is released right?[/QUOTE]

Correct. Go nuts and they'll bill you at the appropriate times.

The ONLY problem I might see is that they won't let you update your shipping address. I play on moving come June (perhaps earlier too) and I preordered stuff up to June.

All they offer is "cancel this shipment". Perhaps you can call customer service and have them modify the shipping address, otherwise you lose the 5$ discount (which is a lot on a 30$ title)

Ok, this blows. I was re-preordering the game with same credit card I used before. But, it kept telling me the billing info wasn't within their databse. Even though I was using the same info. Now, I have to wait a day to retry.

^ this happened to me last Sunday as I attempted to preorder xenoblade.

I did nothing in between and today it worked. Call your card issuer, they should have 24/7 service.

I have Tales of the Abyss and Hakuoki preordered on Amazon.ca, but I was going to swtich to instore at EB Games because I want to play Abyss the day it comes out, and know I can't wait even one extra day for shipping.

But what do you guys think? Should I trust EB Games to safely package the limited edition of Hakuoki? I would love to save some money on that, especially since I won't be playing it until after Abyss....I'm also really tempted to put an order down for Xenoblade and Tales of Graces F!

[quote name='jeffx']^ this happened to me last Sunday as I attempted to preorder xenoblade.

I did nothing in between and today it worked. Call your card issuer, they should have 24/7 service.[/QUOTE]

It's my mom's card. She called them yesterday and they said everything was fine. I'm assuming it's on EBs end.

[quote name='TronB']But what do you guys think? Should I trust EB Games to safely package the limited edition of Hakuoki?[/QUOTE]

No, they ship in padded mailers. Chances are it'll get borked up in the mail. I really can't see an otome selling that well, I'm sure it'll price drop. I won't feel guilty over waiting for a drop, cause really, I'm not the target market. If I buy it at all they should be happy.

If you really care about the game it's worth paying the extra $5 in store to get a decent copy.

[quote name='ragnar14']No, they ship in padded mailers. Chances are it'll get borked up in the mail. I really can't see an otome selling that well, I'm sure it'll price drop. I won't feel guilty over waiting for a drop, cause really, I'm not the target market. If I buy it at all they should be happy.

If you really care about the game it's worth paying the extra $5 in store to get a decent copy.[/QUOTE]

EB is the safest choice out of the online shops, isn't it? They shipped my Skyward Sword bundle in a box and it arrived in better shape than the one I picked up in store (for a gift).

Hmm. Every game I've gotten from them has shipped in a padded mailer, but I haven't gotten any CE's from them for just that reason. So they could be decent, I'm not sure.

Edit: No wait, a short while ago I got Mimana Iyar from them, and it shipped in a padded mailer. It arrived in decent enough shape though. So it's luck of the draw I guess

[quote name='ragnar14']No, they ship in padded mailers. Chances are it'll get borked up in the mail. I really can't see an otome selling that well, I'm sure it'll price drop. I won't feel guilty over waiting for a drop, cause really, I'm not the target market. If I buy it at all they should be happy.

If you really care about the game it's worth paying the extra $5 in store to get a decent copy.[/QUOTE]

Is there a way to contact customer service and plead to them ahead of time that I want it to be packaged well? xD Only time I bought a LE online was Lunar, and that was in a padded mailer, but since that was last year, I was hoping they would have stepped up their service. I did place an order for this, but I still may switch to an instore preorder.

I buy games that are not targeted towards me all the time, so I figure the one time they do release an otome game, I'm going to get it right away to show support. In this case, I'd rather pay full price then wait for a price drop. If everyone thinks that these types of games won't sell and are going to wait for a price drop, then of course it won't sell. It's fine if you want to wait, but I would like to see more games like this.

Ok, this is really pissing me off. It still keeps telling me the billing info doesn't match with the credit card.

Already received the two psn cards I ordered! Not bad at all. If only my payday was this week i would order more.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Ok, this is really pissing me off. It still keeps telling me the billing info doesn't match with the credit card.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps try signing out and buy your item as a "guest", that's why I did.

I just hate that they use Purolator. Despite my note on the door that said
"Please leave package at the door" I have to drive 10km to pick up the game today.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']Perhaps try signing out and buy your item as a "guest", that's why I did.

I just hate that they use Purolator. Despite my note on the door that said
"Please leave package at the door" I have to drive 10km to pick up the game today.[/QUOTE]
fill out the back of slip they gave you and then theyll give you a sticker

I pre-ordered Xenoblade instore instead. They finally added it to their computers, so I did the trade 2 get 50$ promo for it.

bread's done
Back