Games Playable With Wii Remote Only

twa318

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys,

Is there a up-to-date list of Wii games playable with the remote only?

I searched google and came up with this, but it seems incompleate

Here is my updated list (edited to add new entries):

I. Games that can be completely played with just the Wii remote:
ExciteTruck
Cooking Mama
Mario Party 8
Metal Slug Anthology (can be played one handed with JUST the nunchuck as well which might be better for some)
Monster 4x4: World Circuit with Wheel
Need for Speed: Carbon
Rampage: Total Destruction
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Super Paper Mario
Super Swing Golf
Tony Hawk Down Hill Jam
Wii Play

II Games that can mostly played with just the wii remote
Super Monkey Ball (a few unlockable minigames that a unlock require the nunchuck but aren't required to be played)
Warioware (Several unlockable levels require the numchuck but those sections can be ignored by all players)
Wii Sports (Boxing requires the nunchuck)

III Games that Require the Nunchuck (or other device) and are impossible to play with one hand
Call of Duty 3
Chicken Little: Ace in Action
Elebits
Far cry
Godfather
Heat Seaker
Legend of the Dragon
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Kororinpa
Mario Strikers Charged
Red Steel
Rayman Raving Rabbit
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Sims 2 Pets
Spider-man 3
SSX Blur
Trauma Center: Second Opinion

IV. Games that can use classic controler or gamecube pad
Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Mortal Kombat Armageddon

If you played a Wii game not on this list, please let me know what were the required controls.

Games I know are not on the list: Wario: Shake!, New Mario Bros Wii,

The Just dance series would be a big one here, as there is no way the game can pick up your other movements because there are no sensors even though the game acts like you have to move all your limbs. All you have to do is wave your arm around to the motions and you only use one remote and one hand.

There are many games on Wii Sports resort that can be played with just the remote but not all of them.

List seems very incomplete, the only way to know is to check the back of the packaging of the game I guess.

Dragon Quest Swords is a fun game that only uses Wii Remote. You keep it pointed at the screen and move through the game with the D-pad.

Also, I believe there's an option to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl with Wii Remote only (but that seems to be the least fun way to play it because moves are more difficult/limited with fewer button options).

I don't know of a list of games, but here are a few more that I believe can be played with the remote held horizontally (like an NES controller):

Klonoa
Punch-Out
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil 0
Boom Blox (the remote is held vertically for this game)

Last edited by a moderator:
metroid other:m, a lot of wii sports games, most any "light gun" shooter, kirby's epic yarn

IMO it's perfect for playing old school rpgs, like final fantasy iv, but no one seems to have adopted it

Zach and Wiki just uses a Wii remote. Same goes for Sonic & Sega All Star Racing.

Supposibly, you can play Tatsunoko vs Capcom with just a Wii remote, but I couldn't imagine doing that.

bread's done
Back