CAGcast #265: The $50,000 Poop

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]Wombat visits with Remedy, creators of Alan Wake, Shipwreck buys a PlayStation Display, and CheapyD needs more pants and less Vita.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]174[/podcast]
Download - 76 minutes, 46MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast: FREE AUDIBLE 2 WEEK TRIAL & AUDIOBOOK
[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro: $10,000 Pyramid Theme & Clip

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright!! New CAGcast!! I'm looking forward to some Wombat's witty jokes, Cheapy's deuce dropping humor and Ship's monotone sense of excitement!!!

[quote name='GOTA']When does this arrive on ITunes?[/QUOTE]

If you click the subscribe button, you can get it now.

u3 was a chore to play the story was shit and you do alot of the same shit over and over damn game is all about tight spaces and falling through stuff. i know i could easily plat it but to have to play the story again is holding me back.

About halfway through the podcast, I grab something to nosh on... some hummus.

And then the poop story begins.

I'll have finish listening later.

The actual shooting in Uncharted 3 is good with the patched in Alternate Aim settings, but Shipwreck is right - there is too much rocket and grenade spam. That bit in the desert where's there a sandstorm, and two turrets shooting at you, AND a guy firing grenades at you while you try and find the rocket launchers so you can take out the turrets was extremely annoying.

Wombat should consider getting a 4G phone with a good sized screen before settling on an iPhone.

http://www.tested.com/news/the-best-android-smartphone-for-your-network-december-2011/3370/

Last edited by a moderator:
The shooting bits were always the parts I hated about the Uncharted games. I liked the climbing around and such.

I played Uncharted 3 up to the first bit of shooting. When you get in the tunnel trying to follow the car. I think I shot 3 guys, shut the game off and sent the game back to Gamefly. I didn't like the first 2 Uncharted games and decided why should I play this third one. The only reason I played the first two is because everyone seems to love them so much.

Not to mention I hated the entire bit of Uncharted 3 when you played as a kid.

Cheapy, you win the worst father of the year award. I think you said "gimme 15 minutes" like 4 times throughout the podcast. Dude, that kid is going to have issues.

[quote name='MattJ1991']Thank you Ship! Your complaints about Uncharted 3 mirror my own completely.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I kind of agree. It was a fun game but a lot of it was uneven. I got really frustrated towards the end of it.

Good god....

The best audio books are the harry potter series. The reader Jim Dale is amazing.

I enjoyed the first hour and a half of uncharted then had to send it out the next day.

[quote name='Toss']Good god....

The best audio books are the harry potter series. The reader Jim Dale is amazing.

I enjoyed the first hour and a half of uncharted then had to send it out the next day.[/QUOTE]

I love Jim Dale, one of my favorite parts of Pushing Daises was his narration. God, I miss that show... so much... I hate you writers strike.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Uncharted hate is hilarious.

If it were a 360 exclusive it'd probably be called the best thing ever around here.[/QUOTE]

I prefer PS3 and I still have some negative things to say about Uncharted 3. Don't act so high and mighty.

Cheapy's shit story

orson-welles-clapping.gif

Seriously, your shit stories sound like the kind of thing a drunk bum would experience.

Wombat: Do you need me to buy you jeans?

I think he needs diapers.

Cheapdy you got to be shitting me..... I enjoyed the episode a lot CAGcast crew. I have never played the uncharted series now I know I should pick up the Uncharted 1+2 double pack. Wombat/Shipwreck/CheapyD I cant afford a ipad2 would you recommend the kindle fire then over the nook tablet. I am looking for a tablet to replace my 2008 HP dv9000 laptop I need it for school, and just to browsing and be lazy with. Just wondering what your 2 cents were on it I'm debating on a kindle fire or nook tablet

I thought the shooting in Uncharted 2 was excessive, haven't tried 3 yet. I kinda felt it jumped the shark in 2 when Drake was able to take a rocket launcher in the face and keep on truckin'.

I bought the Kindle Fire and I personally enjoy it. Also the Amazon app store is pretty nice with its free app of the day (although not all of them are awesome you still can't beat free.) You can also install ADW launcher EX if you want some of the Android features back.

I'm in the middle of playing Uncharted 3 right now, and I'm getting pretty annoyed with getting killed in one shot by a rocket launcher.
Cheapy's poop story was pretty funny, and now I'm wondering what his wife's reaction will be. The "where is this hangar now?" bit from the last poop story was hilarious.

[quote name='testudo']Cheapy, you win the worst father of the year award. I think you said "gimme 15 minutes" like 4 times throughout the podcast. Dude, that kid is going to have issues.[/QUOTE]

:roll: God forbid a kid keep himself occupied for a 90 minute podcast recording session. I wish I had gotten 10% of the attention Tai gets from Cheapy from my dad. Way to come to a quick judgement, dude.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Uncharted hate is hilarious.

If it were a 360 exclusive it'd probably be called the best thing ever around here.[/QUOTE]

i am ( well was) a fan of the series and u3 was shit.dont have an xbox and i dont want one sometimes you can blame fanboyism for game hate but not for u3 the game is a mess.

Yes I have posted that UC3 was the worst SP of all time twice already.
It is kind of ironic sense 2 was one of the best in my opinion. MP was fine. Everything 2 was fucking amazing.

As far as fanboyism, I do have both and I prefer PS3 normally. How can you not after 2011? I do have a brain however and I try to get the best version of a game (Skyrim-360).

What really sucks for me is I bought the season pass at GS because they said it was cheaper if you bought it then (fucking liars).

This has got to be the best CAGcast of the year without a doubt! I enjoyed having you all back in my ears after your break.
And I enjoyed the comments made whenever Cheapy was trying to telll Tai something, great show like always.

Regarding UC3...
[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Yeah, I kind of agree. It was a fun game but a lot of it was uneven. I got really frustrated towards the end of it.[/QUOTE]

UC3 was a bit of an oddity for me. That game frustrated the poop out of me on the Normal difficulty. I had almost decided to just switch down to very easy to see the story pan out and give up hope on the platty. I love the series and have plattys in the first two, so I stuck with it and finished it on crushing. The oddity is that, IMHO, Crushing was 75% less frustrating than Normal was. Why is that?

[quote name='hereon']This has got to be the best CAGcast of the year without a doubt! I enjoyed having you all back in my ears after your break.
And I enjoyed the comments made whenever Cheapy was trying to telll Tai something, great show like always.[/QUOTE]

Someone needs to make a Tai remix of "Bye Bye Bye." Hahaha... Tai stole the show.

As Cheapy told his "$50,000 Poop" story, I thought the worst and figured he ended up laying on his stomach, with his pants down, and a fountain— Yeah, totally glad it didn't end that way. (Not that the real story is much different. ;) )

Rolled my eyes at Cheapy's iPhone screed. I chuckle at the irony of Cheapy mocking listeners who have a console bias but goes nuts whenever someone considers anything but an iPhone. I don't begrudge him his own personal choice but when you flip out that someone might want a phone different than yours, you're a fanboy.

[quote name='testudo']Cheapy, you win the worst father of the year award. I think you said "gimme 15 minutes" like 4 times throughout the podcast. Dude, that kid is going to have issues.[/QUOTE] Spoken like someone who doesn't have kids. This scenario is all too familiar to parents when one has to go away and the other still has work to do. I know, hard to believe, but Cheap Ass Gamer is Cheapy's job.

[quote name='RKDynamic']Regarding UC3...

UC3 was a bit of an oddity for me. That game frustrated the poop out of me on the Normal difficulty. I had almost decided to just switch down to very easy to see the story pan out and give up hope on the platty. I love the series and have plattys in the first two, so I stuck with it and finished it on crushing. The oddity is that, IMHO, Crushing was 75% less frustrating than Normal was. Why is that?[/QUOTE]

Maybe because knowing in advance where the enemies will spawn makes things much less frustrating? I haven't really started my Crushing run yet, but I'm glad to hear you found it manageable since I plan on getting the U3 platinum eventually.

I enjoyed all the Uncharted stories. I felt Uncharted 3 had a lot more forced hand to hand fights that were not in the first 2. I find it as a shooter but it's not the best shooter in the world. I think it works fine and I don't find the shooting mechanics that bad and I find Gears of Wars series more frustrating to me as a shooter with it's controls. I also enjoys Uncharted's story and makes me really look forward to it's Vita counterpart.

I got my wife the kindle fire for Christmas, She enjoys using it to read and look on the web.

Awesome show as always guys.

HAHAHA, that was a good poop story Cheapy. It was definitely worth $52k XD

I canceled my Vita preorder mainly because of the overpriced proprietary mem cards. I don't think I can stomach paying those prices for the cards. I only want the biggest one since I don't wanna buy another one if I run outta space. I might just wait for a sale or something. I do not want to pay full MSRP for them. The games are also too pricey at $50 so I'll wait for price drops for them as well. I'm gonna expect bomba sales for them anyway so I'll wait. My backlog is so huge that my interest in the Vita has gone way down.

[quote name='banodyne']Spoken like someone who doesn't have kids.[/QUOTE]

Very wrong. I have a son.

[quote name='teknikalei'] I wish I had gotten 10% of the attention Tai gets from Cheapy from my dad. [/QUOTE]

I feel sad for you, Tai and Cheepy. Sad, sad, sad.

Wow Cheapy sounds like a Vita hater. I everything I have seen, it still looks great but I can understand it not being for some people.

For some reason, I can't download the current episode. The rss feed & direct download link states "The information you requested could not be retrieved" with Firefox. Besides itunes and the rss feed, is there another way to download CAGcast #265?

[quote name='RKDynamic']Regarding UC3...

UC3 was a bit of an oddity for me. That game frustrated the poop out of me on the Normal difficulty. I had almost decided to just switch down to very easy to see the story pan out and give up hope on the platty. I love the series and have plattys in the first two, so I stuck with it and finished it on crushing. The oddity is that, IMHO, Crushing was 75% less frustrating than Normal was. Why is that?[/QUOTE]

I definitely feel the same. Crushing was way more satisfying than normal. It almost feels like it is how it should be played. Enemies didn't really feel more difficult, but only taking a couple shots before dying made me play conservative and tactically. Getting through tough sections felt infinitely more rewarding.

bread's done
Back