Metroid Other M (Wii) $10.00 @ Gamestop

Mars32X

CAGiversary!
I realize that this is an older game, but I just noticed this deal and I didn't see any mention of it in the forum. You can pick up Metroid Other M new for $10.00 at Gamestop. The website says that this is the online price only, but I checked the price in store and it is also $10.00.

- Insert reference to older deal -

This was one of Best Buy's $5 deals recently. I picked it up then, but I know I won't even play it for a loooong time, if at all.

I know I'll open it at least to get the Nintendo points out.

I bought it at $5 and let my brother borrow it. So far he isn't impressed so not sure if I will ever get around to playing it.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Outside of not being able to move when shooting missiles the gameplay is fine. The "story" and "dialogue" on the other hand, eesh. Also just to further note Nintendo was the one who did the story, not Team Ninja. So blame them for Samus' many daddy issues in the story.

Maybe just maybe ..metroid is better as a 1st person adventure game... i wish people would just get over super metroid... its time is over ... i bought this p.o.s of a game for 5 dollars ... played 6 hrs never played again and bought the metroid prime trilogy...just get the trilogy b4 wasting 10 bucks on crap..This proves retro needs to do metroid prime 4 soon..

[quote name='bardockkun']I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Outside of not being able to move when shooting missiles the gameplay is fine. The "story" and "dialogue" on the other hand, eesh. Also just to further note Nintendo was the one who did the story, not Team Ninja. So blame them for Samus' many daddy issues in the story.[/QUOTE]

I loved Other M. Haters gonna hate, I guess.

[quote name='battra92']I loved Other M. Haters gonna hate, I guess.[/QUOTE]

I guess having low standards is how this game is enjoyable....-shrugs-

[quote name='thisguy101']I guess having low standards is how this game is enjoyable....-shrugs-[/QUOTE]
The game was good. The majority of the complaints are about the story and how people hated that Samus had emotions or that the way you get upgrades is by having permission to get them (even though everyone is fine with Samus losing all her powers at the start of every other Metroid game. Some bounty hunter).

[quote name='icedrake523']The game was good. The majority of the complaints are about the story and how people hated that Samus had emotions or that the way you get upgrades is by having permission to get them (even though everyone is fine with Samus losing all her powers at the start of every other Metroid game. Some bounty hunter).[/QUOTE]

Someone posted after me on the previous Metroid Other M when I listed these complaints, and my reply still stands. You buy Metroid games because you are attached to Samus and the Metroid universe. You don't buy into a franchise because of the gameplay, especially when gameplay changes so drastically between iterations. This game does a big disservice to Samus with its bad voice acting and Teen Nick drama. You have to sit through every unskippable cutscene, some of which are 15 minutes long, and plod through Stephanie Meyer's version of Samus' troubled youth. There's also a difference between losing your upgrades and needing a male officer's permission to have upgrades. It comes off entirely chauvinistic and belittling to the woman who has saved the galaxy countless times in actual series chronology.

If you can manage to look past these, everything else in the game is great. It's just that Metroid is one of Nintendo's triple-A series, and you expect to enjoy every aspect of it, not tolerate certain aspects and deem it merely passable on the whole. This game is more like something you'd play to pass the time until something better came out, and that's not what a Metroid title should be. Other M is ultimately a letdown.

bread's done
Back