- - - - -

Kmart weekly ad 1/15 - 1/21: Move bundle $70, $5 Award Card w/ $50+ purchase

#1 LouieT  

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:07 AM

Kmartgamer thread is locked, so I guess weekly ads get their own threads again.

kmart.com has previews of weekly ads 1 to 2 weeks in advance for its Shop Your Way Rewards members. There are no ad scans, just listings of everything in the ad, both sales and items at MSRP. Sometimes, the site will add more items in the ad preview.

Sales:

:360: Buy the 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect for $299.99 and one of these Kinect games, get the Fitbit Wireless Activity Tracker for free*:
Kinect Sports Season 2
Dance Central 2
Just Dance 3
*Activity Tracker is claimed through a redemption website. See store for details

:ps3: Playstation Move bundle $69.99
* First version with only Sports Champions and current version with 2 games are both discounted.

:wii: Toy Story 3 $9.99
:wii: Cars 2 $19.99
:wii: Epic Mickey $19.99
:wii: Disney Universe $29.99

:3ds: Rayman 3D $19.99
:3ds: Spongebob Squigglepants 3D $19.99
:3ds: Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars $19.99
:3ds: Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 $29.99

update: I just got this offer from an email message:

Spend $50+ at Kmart for this week, get a $5 Award Card.
Award Card redeemable 1/22/12 thru 1/28/12 unless prohibited by law.
Fine print does not exclude video games.

Sears has a similar Award Card offer : Spend $50+ at Sears until Tuesday 1/17, get a $10 Award Card.

Edited by LouieT, 15 January 2012 - 08:20 AM.
added Award Card offer, updated info

#2 nietzsche74   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1710 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

nietzsche74

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:12 AM

It's just not the same without SHC-Gamer.:cry:

#3 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37487 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:17 AM

Dear K-Mart new head honchos,

Spoiler

No SHC-Gamer, no shopping at K-Mart. Good riddance.

#4 EYEL1NER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2031 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:21 AM

It's just not the same without SHC-Gamer.:cry:

Yep.

#5 kudu91   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:44 AM

Sorry, what happened to SHC?

#6 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3135 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:52 AM

Sorry, what happened to SHC?

Possibility that he won't be with Kmart anymore or that he won't be allowed to put together those deals anymore

Either way, Kmart becomes irrelevant to me again.

#7 bgame2   Pure Cag Smoothness CAGiversary!   3565 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:10 AM

Possibility that he won't be with Kmart anymore or that he won't be allowed to put together those deals anymore

Either way, Kmart becomes irrelevant to me again.

It's kind of depressing. In a loosely related way, it reminds me of when Speedy left.

Edited for typo.

#8 mattcube64   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1391 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

mattcube64

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:10 AM

Yup, SHC-Gamer was the reason I shopped at KMart. I hadn't gone in 5+ years; and since SHC-Gamer started posting and working with the community, I've probably hit up the store six or seven times in the last 18 months. Not a whole lot, and I know a lot of others started going several times a month, but it goes to show you how someone who cares and good deals can get you into the store.

Basically, my point is: Screw you KMart. No SHC, no shopping on my part. Us video game hobbyists may be cheap and we may be difficult; but damn if some of us aren't freaking loyal.

#9 rawrker   Supreme Llama Tickler CAGiversary!   1119 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:22 AM

wow, I haven't checked out the Kmart thread since X-mas so I had no idea Kmart decided to screw with SHC-gamer's program. What idiots. Like many, I hadn't touched a Kmart store in about a decade. After Josh took over the gaming program, I've spent over $3000 there and end up getting some grocery needs while grabbing my games during coupon deals. You know you have a good thing going as a retailer when Amazon is watching your deals to copy. No Kmart can go kill itself.

#10 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16342 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:25 AM

guys, let's hold our horses for a second. Nobody announced anything regarding SHC. Let's wait till we get the facts before we shoot anyone.

#11 stewie75  

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:27 AM

just another case of The Man.

#12 nnthomas   meeble meeble CAGiversary!   3344 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:31 AM

Well screw you guys this gift card isn't gonna spend itself. KMart here I come

#13 ddeeaallzz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

ddeeaallzz

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:50 AM

My idiotic Kmarts were just starting to learn the gaming coupon system too! Problems were finally starting to decrease, and then the system is gone.

It must be that the Kmart execs discovered customers were starting to have some pleasant experiences, so they had to quickly eliminate the program so that the stores could all close quicker.

I was willing to shop in those ragged stores with incentives, but without, goodbye. The giraffe and smiling arrow will be happy to see me back.

#14 Penguin1084   Banned Banned   2289 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Penguin1084

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:19 AM

Yup, SHC-Gamer was the reason I shopped at KMart. I hadn't gone in 5+ years; and since SHC-Gamer started posting and working with the community, I've probably hit up the store six or seven times in the last 18 months. Not a whole lot, and I know a lot of others started going several times a month, but it goes to show you how someone who cares and good deals can get you into the store.

Basically, my point is: Screw you KMart. No SHC, no shopping on my part. Us video game hobbyists may be cheap and we may be difficult; but damn if some of us aren't freaking loyal.

Wow. 100% agreed.

I didn't hear anything about SHC until looking at this thread.

I will not be shopping at Kmart if Josh Deane leaves.

If anything, he contributed to Kmart NOT falling down the tubes like they should have years ago...

#15 Jackie Chandler   Jamanandayo! CAGiversary!   3177 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Jackie Chandler

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

If something *did* happen to Josh, then I'm officially done with K-Mart regardless of the deals.

#16 Jaysonguy   Mr. Wonderful CAGiversary!   1386 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

If anyone has GC's to spend at K-Mart use them now before they change things.

For everyone else just skip the store altogether

#17 deletion   CAG Addict CAGiversary!   1145 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

deletion

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

disappointing, just found out that the kmart thread is no more. that was my go to place for games this past year. hoping my store isn't one of those that are closing. I'll still be shopping there for house stuff.

#18 Versafied   Formerly known as vlv723 CAGiversary!   2948 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

guys, let's hold our horses for a second. Nobody announced anything regarding SHC. Let's wait till we get the facts before we shoot anyone.

Exactly. We'll know next week when makes an official announcement on his future with SHC. So stop ASSuM[e]ing until we know officially.

#19 Byakurai   CAG Busta CAGiversary!   1290 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

Sounds like I should put in my cv to be the new shc-gamer...

But I digress!

#20 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

Did josh post that something happened to him? I remember he said his wife had a baby last year. That would be pretty bad if they laid him off. Remember they're closing like 200 sears/Kmart stores so maybe some corporate staff got laid off?

#21 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:57 PM

I got some excellent deals when I finally joined in later last year and was looking forward to starting anew this year once a good deal I was interested in hit. Sad.

#22 Pixelriffic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   94 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Pixelriffic

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:13 AM

So are the gaming coupons still being honored? I still have a $20 one to spend that doesn't expire until the 21st of this month.

#23 Lyricsborn   Lives in the Shithole Boca Raton CAGiversary!   1953 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Lyricsborn

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:17 AM

Thanks for the good deals Josh. And Kmart Fuck you, you had a good thing going and trashed it.

#24 SPVietBoy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   645 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:33 AM

So are the gaming coupons still being honored? I still have a $20 one to spend that doesn't expire until the 21st of this month.

I would think so. I sure as hell will, and if they don't honor it... I won't just back down.
Though it does suck because I became a silver VIP member lol. Ah well, hopefully things go back to normal.

#25 sgaldis   1d64F CAGiversary!   2436 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:40 AM

RIP K-Mart...you gave me my second job ever, innumerable frustration, cost me tons of hours waiting for service alone, and gave me lots of old games/fun clearance finds.

It's a shame they couldn't turn things around. Josh definitely made a spirited effort, but I think it was too little, too late anyway. He seems to be enthusiastic and good at what he does, he should have no problem landing a new position.

Maybe Best Buy should hire him to head their gaming program. They are on the skids, but aren't nearly as bad along as the big K, and he could almost surely help things on the gaming end, with the pull of a more powerful company like Best Buy.

#26 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

On the positive side, maybe all the crazy clearance deals will return now. LOL.

#27 Righteous Nixon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   893 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Righteous Nixon

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

How quickly the mob turns, lol.

#28 MfMonster   Dude CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

MfMonster

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

Yeah, I will wait for a status update. I do not have a lot of places I can look for titles anymore it seems. TRU stopped being so giving w/ their GC's the last year or so and only is relevant for me when they have BOGO% sales. Amazon is really only giving us 10 credit for new releases... Kmart, I NEED YOU! You.. complete...me.

#29 zelda2fanboy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

zelda2fanboy

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

I remember a couple xmases back when I was in the midst of retail-induced depression I made a post about Sears Holdings as a whole. People were having problems and complaining about employees, and I pointed out that in my position we never received any support from above and that the whole company was just kinda crummy to us and its customers. I was told I was a horrible lazy employee and how dare I say something like that about my employer. Here we are a year later and you might be able to see what I mean. It's one thing for a company to have to cut costs, but it's another to completely shut down something that was growing and beneficial. KMart was on the verge of being, scratch that, became a player in video game sales again, something they hadn't really been in years. Now, the game are just going to collect dust on the shelves, sales will go down, and the selection at the store will dwindle. It's a shame, but that's how they prefer to run things. If the company does go down, it won't be because of the "economy" but because they are horribly managed and people with vision and insight are kicked to the curb.

#30 InvaderZim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1286 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

InvaderZim

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

RIP K-Mart...you gave me my second job ever, innumerable frustration, cost me tons of hours waiting for service alone, and gave me lots of old games/fun clearance finds.

... and that strange K-Mart -smell-.