- - - - -

Kmart weekly ad 1/15 - 1/21: Move bundle $70, $5 Award Card w/ $50+ purchase

#31 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

Exactly. We'll know next week when makes an official announcement on his future with SHC. So stop ASSuM[e]ing until we know officially.

Well you can wait while the rest of us assume; Personally I'm not going to wait on deals that may never happen and I think it's best for me to cash out my coupons, gift cards and SYWR points before they expire. I've already redeemed quite a few coupons for PSN cards because the deals have been non existent since mid December.

#32 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

Do SYWR points expire?

#33 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

Do SYWR points expire?

A rolling year after they are earned if I remember correctly; also I think a glitch happened once or twice where peoples points disappeared and they had to call to get them back

#34 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

wow that sucks about Josh. I really liked what he did with the Kmart deals, the one in my area closed up years ago so I couldnt really take advantage of them but its a definite loss for everybody else as he really provided some great deals. So long K-Mart!

#35 bredbu   I love Lamp CAGiversary!   1976 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:56 PM

Sweet shc is gone! so can we start up the kmart clearance thread again?

#36 Papa Neorev   Sounders 'Til I Die CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Papa Neorev

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

Yup, SHC-Gamer was the reason I shopped at KMart. I hadn't gone in 5+ years; and since SHC-Gamer started posting and working with the community, I've probably hit up the store six or seven times in the last 18 months. Not a whole lot, and I know a lot of others started going several times a month, but it goes to show you how someone who cares and good deals can get you into the store.

Basically, my point is: Screw you KMart. No SHC, no shopping on my part. Us video game hobbyists may be cheap and we may be difficult; but damn if some of us aren't freaking loyal.

I never picked up games at Kmart until Josh starting making stuff happen. No reason for me to walk into the store anymore.

#37 JP73   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   949 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

So is this pretty much it? No more coupon deals now that SHC-Gamer is no longer there? I guess I'll blow my $20 Gift Card on something, then. Cause if the coupon deals are done, I have no buisness at Kmart. Other than those rare gems in gaming, literally everything else there is cheaper at target/Walmart. Would appreciate it if someone could confirm if this is indeed the end of the coupon deals

#38 Dabears34   CAGiversary! Validating   204 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Dabears34

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

Man I hadn't shopped at kmart in years until I started following the kmart thread. Most of my release date game buys were at kmart last year and if they do away with the program they might as well turn into kolhs for gaming.

#39 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:04 AM

Maybe Best Buy should hire him to head their gaming program. They are on the skids, but aren't nearly as bad along as the big K, and he could almost surely help things on the gaming end, with the pull of a more powerful company like Best Buy.

HELL NO. Let him go to TRU where I don't ever shop anymore(due to their spotty, at best, clearance), but <in Chris Crocker voice> leave Best Buy alone.:razz:

#40 chiwii   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   379 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:22 PM

Has SHC-Gamer announced something, or are people just assuming that he'll be leaving?

#41 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16349 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:31 PM

Has SHC-Gamer announced something, or are people just assuming that he'll be leaving?

people are just assuming. He has not said anything.

By the way, IATCG - You should be ashamed of yourself for having him help you when you had a problem and then calling him a prick that you've always hated just because he took away your precious clearance games. It seems to me that there's one really deplorable person in your fight and it's not SHC.

#42 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3607 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

Just a quick question . . .
I have a $15 gaming coupon that expires soon can these be used to purchase XBL points cards?
I could always use more points and there really isn't any games out that I need or want right now.
Thanks

#43 Salamando3000   For Good or for Awesome CAGiversary!   1757 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Salamando3000

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

So is this pretty much it? No more coupon deals now that SHC-Gamer is no longer there? I guess I'll blow my $20 Gift Card on something, then. Cause if the coupon deals are done, I have no buisness at Kmart. Other than those rare gems in gaming, literally everything else there is cheaper at target/Walmart. Would appreciate it if someone could confirm if this is indeed the end of the coupon deals

The KmartGamer facebook page still sees updates. One from a few days ago says "We probably won't have any non-ad ones (coupon deals) planned for awhile until vendor funding refreshes", later mentioning that Spring is when the refresh will happen.

I take that to mean coupon deals will probably return, but you're gonna have to get off the coupon train for a bit.

#44 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

I like Josh and all but if coupons make a return without him, I will resume buying games at Kmart. Nobody else even came close to their new release deals which is all I really care about, not clearances on 3-year-old games.

#45 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:24 AM

By the way, IATCG - You should be ashamed of yourself for having him help you when you had a problem and then calling him a prick that you've always hated just because he took away your precious clearance games. It seems to me that there's one really deplorable person in your fight and it's not SHC.

Not to be rude here, but he's employed by SHC corporation to work on improving their gaming department and field/resolve any customer service issues that obviously could not be resolved in store. I attempted to resolve my own issue BEFORE contacting him, but was greeted by a rude asst. manager at the local store I attempted to return the empty game case I had bought at the further off store.

As for the comment, do you believe anything you read on the internet as the utmost truth? If so, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale....CHEAP.;)

Even if I did say it, it was said off of CAG and as such has no place on here. So this is just your attempt at trying to stir things up. Good luck with that.

#46 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16349 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:56 AM

yeah, i'm sure you didn't say it. :roll:

#47 JP73   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   949 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:08 AM

Just a quick question . . .
I have a $15 gaming coupon that expires soon can these be used to purchase XBL points cards?
I could always use more points and there really isn't any games out that I need or want right now.
Thanks

Yes. I had the same question a few weeks back regarding PSN cards. I used my 15 dollar coupon on a 20 dollar PSN card with no issue. You can use your coupon for your XBL card

#48 Josh5890   For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228 CAGiversary!   3033 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:52 AM

I'm not throwing in the towel but if this is the truth, then that is very sad about Josh. While I haven't spent alot of time in the past year in the Kmart thread since I didn't have money for games, I occasionally checked in for kicks. Kmart is probably going back to the bottom of the gaming chain again.

#49 chiwii   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   379 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:28 AM

Thanks for clarifying that.

#50 Gerry P.   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Gerry P.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:56 AM

Not to be rude here, but he's employed by SHC corporation to work on improving their gaming department and field/resolve any customer service issues that obviously could not be resolved in store.

Actually, the highlighted part of your statement is not part of his job description. That's something he took on himself exclusively for us CAGers.

Your pm that was aired in the Kmart thread was revolting.

#51 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16349 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:02 AM

Actually, the highlighted part of your statement is not part of his job description. That's something he took on himself exclusively for us CAGers.

Your pm that was aired in the Kmart thread was revolting.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so. Completely uncalled for.

#52 JustYourAverageJoe   Dances With Deals CAGiversary!   1278 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

JustYourAverageJoe

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:52 AM

As for the comment, do you believe anything you read on the internet as the utmost truth? If so, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale....CHEAP.;)

Even if I did say it, it was said off of CAG and as such has no place on here. So this is just your attempt at trying to stir things up. Good luck with that.

I have to say, the duality of these two statements is kinda funny. "Well, I might not have said that thing. But if I did, you totally shouldn't have been told what I said."

It's hard not to read finality into what he wrote. Maybe that's just me, though. But I'm not hopeful things will continue as they used to, at least. I get a feeling suits decided to pull the rug out of any of their new initiatives to try and stay afloat. Pity, as change is all that can save Kmart.

#53 axlrose4183   gold cobra CAGiversary!   1640 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

axlrose4183

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

what a drag, I heard they're shutting down 1500 kmarts also.

#54 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

what a drag, I heard they're shutting down 1500 kmarts also.

If that were true, then that's the entire chain according to Wikipedia(1,300 or so stores as of August 2011).

#55 spedmunki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   692 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

spedmunki

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

On the positive side, maybe all the crazy clearance deals will return now. LOL.

Uh oh.....who's going to be the first fan boy to jump down his throat?

#56 Wolfpup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9966 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:30 PM

It's just not the same without SHC-Gamer.:cry:

What happened to him? Is he okay? I came here specifically to look up the K-Mart thread so I could figure out what to buy with my credit....

#57 JustYourAverageJoe   Dances With Deals CAGiversary!   1278 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

JustYourAverageJoe

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

Uh oh.....who's going to be the first fan boy to jump down his throat?

Your persecution complex is highly amusing.

The chances of the clearance returning are slim to none. I rather doubt a business in such dire financial straits is going to eat such a large loss on merchandise going forward.

#58 Keen314   CAGsiversary! CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

I got a text today from SYWR:
Get a $10 award card with a purchase of $50+ at Sears. Valid 1/13-1/17.
Award Card valid 1/18-1/26

Do these usually apply at K-Mart too?

#59 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

I got a text today from SYWR:
Get a $10 award card with a purchase of $50+ at Sears. Valid 1/13-1/17.
Award Card valid 1/18-1/26

Do these usually apply at K-Mart too?

If the "award card" is a gift card it should be valid at Kmart or any other SHC company (craftsman, Lands End, etc.).

However if it is some sort of coupon it will most likely on work at Sears.

Good deal if you have stuff to buy from Sears; sadly doesn't look like any gaming deals in the near future at either store (Kmart or Sears).

#60 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

Your persecution complex is highly amusing.

The chances of the clearance returning are slim to none. I rather doubt a business in such dire financial straits is going to eat such a large loss on merchandise going forward.

If they're in such 'dire financial straits', then why exactly do their other departments do the same kind of cheap clearance that the gaming department once did and in some cases virtually give stuff away?

I've seen stuff like clothing for 90% off of the original price and in some instances as low as $.50 an article.

As for their poor financial condition, one has to wonder why the same shmucks are in charge if the company is being seemingly run into the ground. Obviously instead of eliminating stores and departments(as may happen with SHC-Gamer and crew), they need to eliminate the top spots in the company and get some new blood in there with an actual plan to save the business.