- - - - -

Kmart weekly ad 1/15 - 1/21: Move bundle $70, $5 Award Card w/ $50+ purchase

#151 blahtastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   349 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

blahtastic

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:10 AM

Just wanted to also add seeing that Friday is my last day at Sears, I am going to miss CAG. It was fun and entertaining for awhile on here. I'll still check in but I may have to drop the whole "SHC Stock Boy" tag.

To you and Josh, best of luck guys! Like alot of others have said, you guys really made the whole thing worthwhile. It's not just a matter of, "OMG! Awesome deal" but rather it's knowing that there's someone up there that actually cares. Can you give any insight on where you're going?

#152 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5071 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:14 AM

This sucks SHC crew! Good luck to you guys in the future!

#153 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37487 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:22 AM

I really hate Josh and Stock Boy are all like .. "man, I'm really going to miss CAG"..

Like you're able to escape this site. Psht. Stay with us as fans of gaming!

#154 pishowda   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   42 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

pishowda

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:54 AM

KMart/Sears reportedly shut down nearly 200 stores following a dismal holiday season. This is certainly an effect of such cutbacks.

The Kmart gamer thread was unique in so many ways: never have I experienced a rep from a store have direct contact with its target market.

I recommend anyone that feels let down by these events to please contact corporate Kmart/Sears. It won't do anything, but we at least owe it to Josh to let them know how great of an asset they have lost.

#155 htz  

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:12 AM

I recommend anyone that feels let down by these events to please contact corporate Kmart/Sears. It won't do anything, but we at least owe it to Josh to let them know how great of an asset they have lost.

Corporate will realize what they have lost once market share takes a nose dive.:dunce:

We had 18 straight months of market share growth from when I started until recently when new dynamics came into play.

#156 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4710 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:14 AM

man. josh, it was awesome while it lasted. told my wife, but she's happy we don't have to go to kmart anymore (and we ended up spending quite a bit).

#157 thebytewasbit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1545 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

thebytewasbit

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

My first kmart gamer deal started with dragon quest 9 and ended with skyrim. Thanks for the deals! I will miss reading how horrible the store employees are in not putting out games on time. lol

#158 sadboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2815 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

(sigh) (relinquishes SHC-Gamer Deputy badge)

Guest_Virtua_*

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:14 AM

Well, it was fun while it lasted, guys.

Why does Kmart even buy new release games at all going forward? What's the point?

#160 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4303 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:30 AM

It was a great run when SHC took over. Thanks Josh for the amazing deals, but now I most likely wont step foot in Kmart anymore as all my coupons have been spent and new releases are cheaper or come with pre-order bonuses unlike Kmart copies.

#161 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5222 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

I am not sure dead was the wording I used but definitely paused until I can either gather support internally or not :) Based on the current attitude towards gaming outside of myself (why people have left) I can definitely see it as an uphill battle as it always is.

I can't speak for everyone, but even if there wasn't a deal, or if I was just looking for something, K-mart got mind share from me. Just the fact that I should check K-mart came to mind more frequently(even for non-gaming needs), is all because of Josh. That same mind share got both my wife and I to do some Christmas shopping there, occasional grocery trips, etc. These were all sales that didn't exist prior to SHC-Gamer's lauded efforts. That never happened 2 years ago.

So thank you and Stock Boy for your wonderful efforts, deals, and just great customer service over the past 18 months, in and outside of CAG. The deals will be missed, but good luck to both of you on your future endeavors.

#162 EYEL1NER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2031 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

I can't speak for everyone, but even if there wasn't a deal, or if I was just looking for something, K-mart got mind share from me. Just the fact that I should check K-mart came to mind more frequently(even for non-gaming needs), is all because of Josh. That same mind share got both my wife and I to do some Christmas shopping there, occasional grocery trips, etc. These were all sales that didn't exist prior to SHC-Gamer's lauded efforts. That never happened 2 years ago.

Bottled water was the cheapest in the area at Kmart. Better than Walmart, any grocery store, the bX, and the commissary. My wife would always want to stop there as well for clearance toddler clothes whenever some birthday would come up that she would need a gift for.
It's really hard for me to want to ever set foot in there again though.

#163 Nesmaniac   8 bit heaven CAGiversary!   1380 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Nesmaniac

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

Best wishes for you Josh. Over the last almost 2 years I've spent a lot of money at kmart because of your deals. If kmart corporation had been smart they would have given you a big raise and wanted to hold on to you because I know it will cost them a lot of money now that most of us cag's won't be stepping foot in there again. Had they been really smart they would have set you up a special position to focus on gaming and electronic deals and allowed you to do as you see fit and actually make kmart not just a place for cag's to buy games but advertise a special gaming deal in every weekly ad for everyone to see. I guess online shops will be getting my money from here on.

#164 EYEL1NER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2031 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

I haven't said it yet, but good luck with whatever happens to you Josh.
I need to get on the SYWR site and figure out how much I spent on games since May 2010. I know on Amazon I spent $3000+ last year, and it has to be at least 1.5 times that at Kmart. And it was all because of your deals and your attitude and help on this site. It was much appreciated by (almost) all of us.

Good luck and thank you.

#165 JustYourAverageJoe   Dances With Deals CAGiversary!   1278 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

JustYourAverageJoe

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

(sigh) (relinquishes SHC-Gamer Deputy badge)

Just kidding?

#166 DPsycho   Descendant of Erdrick CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

Badges? We don't need no steenkin' badges.

#167 AdamTen   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   549 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

I hopped off the coupon train yesterday. I had $110 in coupons to burn; picked up AC2, NfS:HP LE, a Wii messenger bag, and a $50 PSN card for nothing out of pocket (after arguing with the cashier about whether coupons could be stacked or not and about the $5 award card).

I still have $50 in SYWR points to burn, but I figure I can take my time.