World of Warcraft Battle Chest + Wrath of the Lich King Expansion+1 month for $19.99

abler

CAGiversary!
Seems like a good deal for peeps starting out since u also get a month of playtime for free. U have to choose Amazon as the seller obviously.

"For a limited time, buy "World of Warcraft," and get "World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Expansion Pack" at no additional charge for a total of $19.95+FREE Super Saver Shipping.

To qualify, add both qualifying games, from the list below, to your cart. Discount will be reflected on the lower priced game."

Individual Links

World of Warcraft Battle Chest - $19.95 (Must Purchase)

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Expansion Pack - Free

This is actually a pretty solid deal. I already have the Battle Chest, but getting the Lich King expansion + 1 month sounds pretty good!

Great deal. Seems like its getting cheaper and cheaper now...

Nope, its never too late to start playing, Blizzard is still making expansions for it.

[quote name='Fonz72']Seem to be dead at Amazon, but still works at Gamestop[/QUOTE]

Search under the more buying options tab and choose amazon as the seller. Add both to cart and the discount should be applied at the final checkout screen.

So anyone know how long this will run for? I am downloading the free trial right now but it is 10.8 GB. Want to be sure my laptop can run it and I like it. I can play for a few months for less than $20.

Screw it I am taking the plunge...with SWTOR out it may be a great time to start WOW. I like Warcraft III so for $20 I will try this out. I will level some character to 20 using the free starter kit and then continue with the paid month. Maybe I won't play continuously but maybe every so often I will give it a whirl for the month.

I've been playing WoW since Open Beta and only taken maybe one or two month breaks before over the years. It was my first MMO too and I just love the game. You can't beat this deal.

I've been playing the free to play trial, and that says that it's World of Warcraft Catyclysm. If I jump on this deal, will I be able to carry my character over to the other expansions? Will I be able to manually select which expansion I want to play?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sgt Barone']I've been playing the free to play trial, and that says that it's World of Warcraft Catyclysm. If I jump on this deal, will I be able to carry my character over to the other expansions? Will I be able to manually select which expansion I want to play?[/QUOTE]

Your character will be able to Level up to 80 but won't have access to the Cataclysm content which is Level 85,Dungeons,etc. The loading screens say Cataclysm because that is the current expansion. I'm sure you can find Cataclysm for a decent price somewhere though.

[quote name='rpnguyen']Wait, so do you get 2 months of gametime with this deal? Because the Battle Chest comes with 1 month already.[/QUOTE]

To my understanding, no. The Battlechest comes with 1 month. The Lich King does not.

If anyone is reading this with a serious interest in starting WoW as an ongoing (more than 1-month) thing, be sure to solicit a referral from a fellow CAG. It won't mean all that much for you....but recruiting new players = free stuff (in-game mount, free game time) for ongoing players.

Anyone interested in playing pm and let me know, so I can refer you and we can raf and level up faster. Been playing this game for far too long, happy to help a new person out with gold or anything.

Very addicting game. I played hardcore right until Wrath came out, sold that account, and was offered a new one by a friend and have been playing since. I have taken month breaks though, but even after telling myself I would never go back, I can't resist it. When you start playing it, it's fun, and then it gets even more fun but addicting. Worth getting it. With $15 a month, you are getting a lot of content also.

Grabbed one and it looks like it applied one of my $5 promo discounts as well! $15 for this is AMAZING! I've never played WoW before, but I'm pretty excited.

Been WOW free for almost 2 years now and dont regret it. For the 2 1/2 years I played the game I think i rallied up at least 70 days played over several characters. To compare this to my current love for Battlefield 3, I have only 3 days played and would surprise me if I put another 3 days into it. Thinking about all the gaming I have done over 20 years, It would surprise me if all the hours spent on all other games combined would equall the time I have put into WOW. In saying all that, it is a fantastic game that will give you endless amount of shit to do. I had to quit cuz there were so many console games that I really wanted to try and would never play them because of it. Glad I jumped back to consoles and not mindlessly farming the same dungeons day in and day out.

I'm glad there hasn't been a good deal on all the expansions because I quit back in TBC and thankfully have stayed away since. WoW is by far the most fun game I've ever played but I'm so glad I was able to finally get away from it for good. And btw that Mists of Pandaria expansion looks like a complete joke.

[quote name='n8dawwg']Been WOW free for almost 2 years now and dont regret it. For the 2 1/2 years I played the game I think i rallied up at least 70 days played over several characters. To compare this to my current love for Battlefield 3, I have only 3 days played and would surprise me if I put another 3 days into it. Thinking about all the gaming I have done over 20 years, It would surprise me if all the hours spent on all other games combined would equall the time I have put into WOW. In saying all that, it is a fantastic game that will give you endless amount of shit to do. I had to quit cuz there were so many console games that I really wanted to try and would never play them because of it. Glad I jumped back to consoles and not mindlessly farming the same dungeons day in and day out.[/QUOTE]

I'm a PS3 guy now and couldn't be happier. Just the fact that I don't have to rely on others and can jump in a game like Skyrim, have some fun then immediately turn it off if I have something to do or have plans is a great feeling. For anyone thinking about getting into WoW; it isn't a game for casual players where you can mess around here and there a few nights a week and get very far or keep up with the rest of the players. You have to dedicate large chunks of time on set days every week to raid if you want to play with competent and skilled people. If not you'll get stuck with some casual raiding guild that wipes like idiots left and right and you'll get aggravated with the game real quick.

I feel like there should be a WoW support group lol. I'm Lucky13 and I've been WoW free for 4 years.

I'm tempted to pick this up just to try to get into the Diablo III beta. I'm hoping that isn't too far down the road though so I am going to do my best to resist. Only 20 bucks though....

I would recommend to anybody who hasn't tried WoW to give it a shot.

$20 for something i spent over $100 is a good deal.

its a great game and i have a lot of fond memories playing it, but like other people have said it ends up being like a job, because you have to dedicate time to the game to keep up with other people in your server/guild.

Been Wow-free for 3 years

[quote name='kannofan']I just tried to do this and Lich King isn't showing up for free...too bad. Good deal otherwise.[/QUOTE]

On the right side of the screen, select the one sold by Amazon. On the "confirm order" screen, it will show that Lich King is free.

My .02.

WoW will save you money. I played for about 2 1/2 years, through the end of Vanilla, TBC, and a couple months of Lich King and during that time, a vast majority of my gaming time was spent running around as a Troll, killing shit. I played console stuff here and there but for $15 a month, I was given more content than I could ever deal with.

I was tempted to come back again for Cataclysm just to see how the original world changed and to try a Goblin but I've avoided it because I don't have the time.

It becomes a job eventually, but the initial climb to 60/70/whatever the level cap is now is very enjoyable.

If you play Alliance, you're a weak bitch ;)

So, quick question. Will Lich King play without the Burning Crusades expansion? Is that one before or after? Don't want to pull the trigger if I'll have to buy another expansion pack to play LK.

EDIT: NVM, I just saw that the pack includes BC. Still, deal appears to be dead as Amazon no longer has the Battle Chest.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']So, quick question. Will Lich King play without the Burning Crusades expansion? Is that one before or after? Don't want to pull the trigger if I'll have to buy another expansion pack to play LK.

EDIT: NVM, I just saw that the pack includes BC. Still, deal appears to be dead as Amazon no longer has the Battle Chest.[/QUOTE]

No. BC is before WotLK.

I already got mine today...crazy fast for free super saver. Now the decision of when to start.

So it comes with 2 guest passes for StarCaraft and Warcraft. I would assume the Warcraft ones are worthless now that they have the free play to level 20? Or could I use them after I level up? I also do not see where the free month of play is in the box.

[quote name='Halo05']
It becomes a job eventually, but the initial climb to 60/70/whatever the level cap is now is very enjoyable.
[/QUOTE]

I watch streams of people playing end game and it makes me want to play again. But then I think of all the time to level, running instances to get gear, lvling my prof, doing daily quests over and over to raise reputation with factions so I can buy something that will increase my stats. It does turn into a job. After awhile you no longer want to grind rep, but you feel as though you have to.
Level 1-60 is fun. Once you hit Burning Crusade, it gets so dull.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Really can't decide...

Someone convince me either way!!![/QUOTE]

I have not played it yet but I figure you can buy it now and hold off until you are ready to put the time in. Lich King costs $22-30 on it owns normally so you are getting it free which allows you to level until 80. To me that is a lot of game for almost no upfront cost.

[quote name='CarltonBanks85']I watch streams of people playing end game and it makes me want to play again. But then I think of all the time to level, running instances to get gear, lvling my prof, doing daily quests over and over to raise reputation with factions so I can buy something that will increase my stats. It does turn into a job. After awhile you no longer want to grind rep, but you feel as though you have to.
Level 1-60 is fun. Once you hit Burning Crusade, it gets so dull.[/QUOTE]
To me personally, I got used to it. I been a WoW player off and on for a little over 4 years now and it really only becomes a job if you want it to. I stopped playing WoW because I hated the direction they are going with WoW (not really expansion wise, but more so how they completely fuck up talent trees, abilities and such so the game almost babies you now if you have any skill).

I should go back get my character to 85 but I lost all motivation.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I already got mine today...crazy fast for free super saver. Now the decision of when to start.

So it comes with 2 guest passes for StarCaraft and Warcraft. I would assume the Warcraft ones are worthless now that they have the free play to level 20? Or could I use them after I level up? I also do not see where the free month of play is in the box.[/QUOTE]
After you create your account and use your CD key that should automatically give you a free month. So essentially don't create a WoW account until you are ready to play.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']After you create your account and use your CD key that should automatically give you a free month. So essentially don't create a WoW account until you are ready to play.[/QUOTE]

I think he is asking if he can use a guest pass for himself to delay using the 1 month access to extend his membership.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']After you create your account and use your CD key that should automatically give you a free month. So essentially don't create a WoW account until you are ready to play.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slowdive21']I think he is asking if he can use a guest pass for himself to delay using the 1 month access to extend his membership.[/QUOTE]

Well I was kind of asking both. I hope when I use the free starter kit that I downloaded (want to level a few character to 20 before paying) that it will just convert it to a paid account when I try to install from disk.

Since it is basically free to start now I was just wondering if the free 10 day passes even work anymore. Meaning could I enter them in after playing to level 20 on the free account and then use the 10 days to level even more before getting the free month from registering the CD key.

bread's done
Back