The 9th Annual Cheapy Awards - Voting Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=4876]4504[/IMG-R]Voting is now open for The 9th Annual Cheapy Awards, the only awards that recognize the best (and worst) in video game retail, nominated and voted by the Cheap Ass Gamers, the most knowledgeable video game shoppers in the world!

Please use our built in voting system (within the appropriate threads) in this forum. Placing your vote will automatically enter you in a raffle to win 1 of 2 $500 gift certificates from Amazon, last year's Best Online Retailer winner. The more categories you vote in, the greater your chances of winning. One account per person.

Anyone found creating multiple accounts will be permanently IP banned from CAG.

iconcag.gif
Vote - The 9h Annual Cheapy Awards

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Best Buy will easily crush all the retailers for retailer of the year! I got so many deals for them the last 2 months.

For console games I don't know who I think has earned it but Amazon really left a bad taste in my mouth during the Black Friday week. All year long they had done fine and then just totally dropped the ball.

For direct downloadable games Amazon was amazing. Tony, over in the Amazon download thread has done an amazing job of building his own little community and has really gotten involved with the CAG-Amazon consumer. Easily the best deal of the year for me was Just Cause 2 for $2.50 and that came with a $5 credit so that I could purchase GTA IV for free. Amazing.

Agreed, Amazon really fell off the map as far as deals go for physical media this year. Their customer service treated me as well as they always did, and I'm grateful to Tony for the digital download thread he's maintained here, but for us console gamers, Amazon turned into a non-factor when looking for deals. Disappointing.

Gamefly and Best Buy, however, tore my wallet to shreds. They're getting my votes.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Best Buy wins this year hands down. They had the best deals on everything this year. That got my money for the first time in a long time.

Amazon, Kmart and Gamefly did very well on the video game deals for me during 2011 but went downhill near November. Luckily Best Buy picked up the slack for November and December 2011.

Most of my votes are going between amazon and bestbuy. Bestbuy had a great holiday season, and it was my first year using amazon (+ free prime as a student). I spent an even amount on both.

Enuf and Redjoey also got my votes :D.

Bittersweet, I'm moving out of the country w/ my family but I'll be using CAG from Peru to ship to my brother. This is my favorite gaming/trading/whatever website & I have saved thousands since I joined. THANK YOU CHEAPY D & all true gamers. Sorry 4 the heavy, I just really am thankful.

Just voted even though I'm behind on a million things I need to do including packing...

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be a stupid question but do you have to vote in every category to get into the raffle?

Because I've never even heard of any of the nominees in the "
Best Independent/Specialty Online Game Retailer" category.

Just voted. Hope I can snag one of those prizes, but if not, I still appreciate the huge service this site provides to budget-conscious gamers.

The constant Amazon ten to twenty dollar credits are amazing, though. I am looking at Syndicate right now.

There should be a award to the gaming network that offers the most value in terms of demos, betas, free games and haveyouwhatnot. My noms are: PSN+, XBL Gold, Steam, the EA store orgins thing, and something something else.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']When do the polls close? Didn't see that mentioned..[/QUOTE]

Same curiosity. Also if voting in the poll is enough or if we have to post.

So the polls look closed, but the threads remain open to new posts and this forum has no new information. Did the voting and raffling end or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back