Best CAG Forum Thread (non-deal) 2011

I've been visiting CAG for a long time and I've been a part of MANY threads but the Best Buy Mega Deals thread has to be my favorite. It wasn't just about the amazing deals but the community having fun and making jokes while waiting for the deals to go live. It's threads like these that separate this site from other deal oriented forums, the community actually comes together for reasons outside of saving money but also to enjoy company of one another. I found myself checking the thread even when I'd already gotten the deal/no deals were available, just to check out pickups and chat with others and I'm sure I wasn't alone in doing that.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']MMA thread in the off-topic section. It may sound stupid but its a huge thread that continues to run strongly.[/QUOTE]

I support this nomination. :)

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']MMA thread in the off-topic section. It may sound stupid but its a huge thread that continues to run strongly.[/QUOTE]

By that logic, I nominate the Rock Band thread in the 360 forum. 6100+ posts, 320,000+ views.

Wasn't sure if this qualified: GameStop Trade-in Value thread by JP. It's posted in the Deal forum but is not a deal per se. It provides a great service to the CAG community and requires constant attention to maintain which JP always does.

[quote name='bvharris']The 360 Official CAG Madden 12 League - Almost 10,000 posts in less than 6 months:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300785

Hands down the best organized sports league on CAG every year. :D[/QUOTE]

Xbox 360 Madden 12 CAG League

Here, Here. After joining this league I went from a newbie to a veteran in less than a month. Very organized and very fun. Great for my first CAG league experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='abhinav']I've been visiting CAG for a long time and I've been a part of MANY threads but the Best Buy Mega Deals thread has to be my favorite. It wasn't just about the amazing deals but the community having fun and making jokes while waiting for the deals to go live. It's threads like these that separate this site from other deal oriented forums, the community actually comes together for reasons outside of saving money but also to enjoy company of one another. I found myself checking the thread even when I'd already gotten the deal/no deals were available, just to check out pickups and chat with others and I'm sure I wasn't alone in doing that.[/QUOTE]

+1. Even though I missed out on this, watching people interact in this thread whether it was fighting, helping, etc. was pure entertainment! :)

Not sure if this qualifies as a non-deal thread but my vote goes for Megazell's Free and Legal PC Games thread. That man has been maintaining stuff since 09 and for that thread to still be going with new info almost all of the time is amazing.

While not always full of conversation I'm throwing in for the Comic Book Discussion thread, people always willing to give recommendations for new books.

Madden league for sure. One of the most active threads on the site year after year, and also one of CAG's most close-knit and consistent communities.

bread's done
Back