Biggest CAG Shopping News 2011

[quote name='blueshinra']The 3DS price drop and Ambassador Program.[/QUOTE]

+1.

I still remember all of the CAGs that were "in the know" and swore that stores would exempt 3DS' from their PM policy...:rofl:

[quote name='Xtrminatr']Touchpad firesale, while it wasn't directly gaming related it was one of the biggest threads.[/QUOTE]

I'll second this. It was a feeding frenzy!

Playstation 3 $199 dollars on Amazon Gold Box around mid-June.

Free to play is a big and coming trend, although it has yet to hit consoles in a big way, so I'm not sure it will register with most CAG's

The other big trend I see is retailers getting involved in the CAG community more and more.

Third is the psn hacking, I'm sure it affected a lot of peoples buying habits through psn/xbox live etc. I actually had a worse experience on xbox live, and it seems like a lot of other people had accounts compromised but that story seemed under reported.

Last edited by a moderator:
K-mart rise from ashes to become one of the biggest CAG game destinations because of Josh... and then K-mart back to the ash heap of irrelevance.

[quote name='Darklighter']Sony ending PSN Gamesharing[/QUOTE]
They didn't really end it insomuch as just made it so you could only gameshare with ONE other PS3 owner on two consoles and that was for everything bought AFTER a certain point.

The five gameshares thing is still valid on all purchases made BEFORE the deadline where they changed it. At least that's the way I understood it.

As for the biggest shopping news, it's either the HP Touchpad fire sale(got two myself, both which went to other CAG's) or the Amazon penny game glitch(which happened when I went upstairs to watch TV on a Saturday night for once Grrrrr.:bomb:).

gamestop removing them vouchers now that was a story i mean damn did they get some publicity for that. didn't there stock drop for a little bit cause of that? always new that place was dirty with games but DAMN

bread's done
Back