Worst Online Game Retailer 2011

Best Buy - had a massive problem ordering three
games last month. Long story short, after multiple trips to the post office and phone calls to Best Buy, I found out my package got destroyed and had to deal with incredibly unintelligent CSR to get my money back.

BestBuy for their Holiday sale fiasco. 2 of my games were canceled days before Xmas so I had to scramble to get more gifts.

Best Buy. They had some decent deals late in the year but usually you had to be online within a small window to take advantage. Then it was wait and hope the order didn't get cancelled.

Amazon. They are the most overrated online sellers for games around. All they do is match other peoples deals. They come out with nothing significant of their own. They do B2G1 or B1G1 50% off, but they jack up the prices of all the games when they do those deals.

GameStop again, for selling products that "may or may not" come complete, just because they intentionally strip products and send them in generic cases. Also, their customer service is horrible.

Amazon, for having zero good deals the last couple months of the year (unless matching a deal that had been up for days or lowering a game to the lightning price two days after a lightning deal).

[quote name='stripwhite']Amazon. They are the most overrated online sellers for games around. All they do is match other peoples deals. They come out with nothing significant of their own. They do B2G1 or B1G1 50% off, but they jack up the prices of all the games when they do those deals.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to agree with ^. I was very disappointed with Amazon. Black Friday was a bust as well.

Amazon for the lack of creativity and for settling with matching other retailers deals and only having enough stock where lightning deals last mere seconds.

Amazon. They deserve to be nominated this year for the lightning deal fiasco and lack of their own deals from Black Friday on. It seemed like they'd only begrudgingly match other advertised deals and that was it.

Toys R Us because they shipped my Skyward Sword bundle in a bubble mailer, and it came completely smashed. It looked like somebody kicked it to my doorstep. I didn't have any other bad experiences online though.

I would nominate TRU, BestBuy, and Gamestop. The reason for these three is I would probably have to flip a coin to decide my pick. I have to say I always look to Amazon first. They may not be creative and copy others sales but they always seem to have stock and my free prime membership and no sales tax makes for great deals...

I also am adding Gamefly. Not sure if I ever gotten a game in working condition from them. Even PS3 games that blurays are not supposed to scratch. They seem to have a nack for being able to make them unplayable before selling. Everyone else seems to have good luck but not me.

bread's done
Back