Xbox and PC owners, which versions will you get?

extremep

CAGiversary!
I used to game almost exclusively on PC, but I didn't want to be forced into paying for constant upgrades, so I bought an Xbox about 2 years ago. Since then I've been very impressed, and I haven't ever thought, "This would be better on PC."

I haven't upgraded my PC in a while, so it probably won't be able to run Far Cry, Half-Life 2, or Doom III. For those of you with newer PCs AND Xboxes, do you plan to buy the xbox versions of FC, HL2, and Doom III, the PC versions, or both? Does anyone with an Xbox plan on upgrading their PCs to play those games instead of getting the Xbox versions?

Also, does anyone have any details on the xbox version of Far Cry? From what I remember, the press release was very vague, other than saying the name would be Far Cry Instincts.

PC- definetly. We bought our X-Box system as a DVD player for the upstairs- I think I might spend 1-4 hours a week on it- as opposed to 15+ hours in front of the computer.

Depends- the new cards coming out are going to be awesome, assuming that you can afford the $500 ticket price- which is freaking steep.

The PC versions of games are much better- generally speaking. I prefer my 21 inch Trinitron to my 27 inch TV that has to be over 6 years old. 5.1 Logitech Z-680's are nice for the audio from the X-Box- though- I only have 4.1 Klipsches for the PC.

PC games generally are cheaper- I picked up Far Cry for $8 at Best Buy a while back

(Please note that I had a 25 dollar gift card and they had it on sale for 30 bucks).

Dunno- if you get the PC version and then buy a better computer- you can still play your game with the better box.

Go PC.

Go Broncos, yeah- go Broncos. (lol)

[quote name='friedram']PC games generally are cheaper- I picked up Far Cry for $8 at Best Buy a while back

(Please note that I had a 25 dollar gift card and they had it on sale for 30 bucks).[/quote]

Ok, you did not pick it up for $8. You picked it up for $30 + tax. How you paid for it does not affect the price. I'm sorry to be a stickler, but it really sucks when someone posts that they got something for cheap, and then when asked how, they write that they used store credit/gift cards. At least you explained it in your post, though.

I agree that PC games are usually cheaper, but AAA titles like these probably won't be more than $10 less, and that can be made up by buying the console version used.

About the screen/sound, for me, my TV is definitely better...

When it comes to pc upgrades the good thing about being a cheapass is that you can always find good deals. :wink:

I don't have an Xbox, and I'm glad. It would seem many of the great games on it (Halo, KOTOR) get ported over to PC. And I'll have the superior versions of HL2 and D3. Shazam!

I don't have an XBox either, for the same reason as Mr. Anderson - most of the great games on XBox are on PC.

Go PC. Yaaay.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I don't have an Xbox, and I'm glad. It would seem many of the great games on it (Halo, KOTOR) get ported over to PC. And I'll have the superior versions of HL2 and D3. Shazam![/quote]

i do, and comparing the two, pc owns the box bad. MS should stick to what it knows an only develop for pc. the games will always be better than their console counterparts.

I prefer playing games on my Xbox just for the fact that I enjoy sitting on my bed or a couch and playing games, not sitting at a desk. I also like being able to just stick the game in and it runs, no dealing with errors and such, as I get frustrated quite easily by damned errors.

[quote name='st0neface']I prefer playing games on my Xbox just for the fact that I enjoy sitting on my bed or a couch and playing games, not sitting at a desk. I also like being able to just stick the game in and it runs, no dealing with errors and such, as I get frustrated quite easily by damned errors.[/quote]

ive solved this problem. my couch is under my bead, and my pc is on my cofee table. so i can play any system from one seat. im on my couch right now watching tv.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='friedram']PC games generally are cheaper- I picked up Far Cry for $8 at Best Buy a while back

(Please note that I had a 25 dollar gift card and they had it on sale for 30 bucks).[/quote]

Ok, you did not pick it up for $8. You picked it up for $30 + tax. How you paid for it does not affect the price. I'm sorry to be a stickler, but it really sucks when someone posts that they got something for cheap, and then when asked how, they write that they used store credit/gift cards. At least you explained it in your post, though.[/quote]

You are such a nerd

It depends for me, most off i get games for xbox over pc. Except for FPS, those are best on pc. or if the pc has extra features that the xbox verison doesnt. (example: Need4speed underground is online for pc)

I like playing primarily on home consoles. PCs are just to expensive for me to keep up to date. If you buy the best video card it will only be able to play the best looking games for tw0 years or so, plus processers, RAM, the whole shebang.

if ur looking for better graphics than pc is the best way to go, if u can afford to upgrade it. although the xbox has the best hardware in consoles, it cant keep up with pc's. besides playing fps games is much more fun with a mouse and keyboard than an analogue stick.

It varies from game to game for me. The Xbox version of Halo was better than the PC version IMO. Plus it seems whenever there's a port, there's always something either left out of or added to one version.

i like the pc games better b/c it's easier for me to use a mouse/keyboard. however, being able to play every new game that comes out with the current setup that i have is another story :roll:

bread's done
Back