Club Nintendo Downloadable Games Updated

sykotek

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
This is great if I had coins I was sitting on. Glad though none of these are exclusive to Club Nintendo.

From my understanding, these are all available to download on DSi/Wiiware or 3DS/Wii Virtual Console without the use of coins.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Hmmm. I have the N64 copy of Majora's Mask already. Should I sell that one and download this or just play the N64 one and keep my coins?[/QUOTE]

Well , i wouldn't get it unless I wanted to play it on the go.

Went ahead and ordered Majora's Mask. I figured I can sell my N64 copy for around $15 so it was worth it. I have 750 coins left and 70 more coming to me soon.

I would be in for Kirby as well, but the game is only 4 levels?

Sucks they couldn't even put the 3d remake of whatever Kirby game up instead of the gameboy one. I want 3D games on my 3DS. I may get Majora's Mask & trade it. Do they give you a code? I'm hoping for the 3DS port, myself, before replaying it (it's the only Zelda I never completed, I think. My N64 & thousands of dollars worth of stuff were stolen at that time cuz someone pulled a kick door on me :evil:). I just stuck with Dreamcasts after that, as I didn't have the time to replay that game, anyway (was working on my Associate Degree in junior college at the time). Thanks for posting, OP!

I started playing it on a GC CE disc on my Wii, but I sold my GC memory card. Isn't that what it takes to save progress if I buy this version, or can you save on the Wii's memory/sd card? TIA.

[quote name='twztid13']Sucks they couldn't even put the 3d remake of whatever Kirby game up instead of the gameboy one. I want 3D games on my 3DS. I may get Majora's Mask & trade it. Do they give you a code? I'm hoping for the 3DS port, myself, before replaying it (it's the only Zelda I never completed, I think. My N64 & thousands of dollars worth of stuff were stolen at that time cuz someone pulled a kick door on me :evil:). I just stuck with Dreamcasts after that, as I didn't have the time to replay that game, anyway (was working on my Associate Degree in junior college at the time). Thanks for posting, OP!

I started playing it on a GC CE disc on my Wii, but I sold my GC memory card. Isn't that what it takes to save progress if I buy this version, or can you save on the Wii's memory/sd card? TIA.[/QUOTE]
They give you a 16 digit code to input on your Wii.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']They give you a 16 digit code to input on your Wii.[/QUOTE]
Sweet, thanks, man. Can you save on your Wii?

I hate that I can't find my GC controller. I think I may have traded it & can't remember, cuz it would be right in front of my consoles. At least I have the gold CCP from Goldeneye in worst case (though I wanted to keep that untouched :().

[quote name='twztid13']Sweet, thanks, man. Can you save on your Wii?

I hate that I can't find my GC controller. I think I may have traded it & can't remember, cuz it would be right in front of my consoles. At least I have the gold CCP from Goldeneye in worst case (though I wanted to keep that untouched :().[/QUOTE]
You purchase the code on the website and as soon as you click order, they give you the code. Then you go to the Wii Shop Channel (on your Wii)>Settings>Wii Download Code and enter it in.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Hmmm. I have the N64 copy of Majora's Mask already. Should I sell that one and download this or just play the N64 one and keep my coins?[/QUOTE]
I hear the port has some issues (small ones like sound not working sometimes, or little glitches), but it depends. Do you play your N64 regularly? Is it easy to get out & play? If not, I would definitely grab this version since there is nothing in Club Nintendo that is a 'must have' (I'm waiting for more 3DS stuff, myself). The problem is that those coins expire in 2 years; So, if you have any saved up you may want to use them, and this is the perfect opportunity (I'm in this very situation, as I entered all my Clun Ninty codes at once & didn't think to save them to get the platinum status for later years :().

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']You purchase the code on the website and as soon as you click order, they give you the code. Then you go to the Wii Shop Channel (on your Wii)>Settings>Wii Download Code and enter it in.[/QUOTE]
I understand all that. I'm wondering about saving your progress in the game. Does it save on the internal Wii memory or sd card, OR would one need a GC memory card? I'm guessing the former, but at 1st I was wondering if I could use my progress from the disc based GC version I had on my GC memory card, butthen I remembered I sold it, lol. I then wanted to make sure I have what I needed to play & save progress before I invested in it. Thanks for your help, regardless!

[quote name='twztid13']I understand all that. I'm wondering about saving your progress in the game. Does it save on the internal Wii memory or sd card, OR would one need a GC memory card? I'm guessing the former, but at 1st I was wondering if I could use my progress from the disc based GC version I had on my GC memory card, butthen I remembered I sold it, lol. I then wanted to make sure I have what I needed to play & save progress before I invested in it. Thanks for your help, regardless![/QUOTE]
My mistake. I misunderstood what you said earlier. I know most N64 games save right to the Wii's memory, so I'm assuming it's the same with Majora's Mask.

I went ahead and bought it. My N64 is hooked up, but I figure with over 800 coins in reserve, I can make $15 by selling the console version. I also did the same thing as you and didn't wait to input codes for the platinum status in future years.

Thanks a bunch OP! I was planning on eventually buying a bunch of n64 games on the wii we got for christmas and Majoras Mask was one of those games.

Saved me $10 =)

[quote name='Blaster man']I've never played majora's before. Should I get it or does it suck?[/QUOTE]

Fantastic game, bit darker in tone than other Zelda games.
A must have if you will.

[quote name='Blaster man']I've never played majora's before. Should I get it or does it suck?[/QUOTE]
If you like the Zelda format (although it introduces a couple new mechanics that make it unique), you will like it. Some LOVE it (like me), and think it's better than OoT as the best Zelda game. Even if you don't agree, you will certainly not think it sucks. It's a fantastic game, without question. It may take a while to grow on you (as it takes a short while to 'get it'), but you won't dislike it. You can't!

Thank you, GodOfUncharted, for your help, man. Much appreciated!

Majoras Mask is the only 3D Zelda I've never finished. I had to follow a guide the whole way because its so hard and that's just not fun.

[quote name='twztid13']If you like the Zelda format (although it introduces a couple new mechanics that make it unique), you will like it. Some LOVE it (like me), and think it's better than OoT as the best Zelda game. Even if you don't agree, you will certainly not think it sucks. It's a fantastic game, without question. It may take a while to grow on you (as it takes a short while to 'get it'), but you won't dislike it. You can't!

Thank you, GodOfUncharted, for your help, man. Much appreciated![/QUOTE]
No problem. Enjoy!

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Oops I forgot to get mario vs donkey kong before it updated.[/QUOTE]

same here kinda...I already had it on my DSi, so I was hesitant thinking that they just mislabeled it as a "3DS" game, so I didn't get it (pretty sure I was right). But I did want Fluidity and Mario Kart, but kept putting it off.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']same here kinda...I already had it on my DSi, so I was hesitant thinking that they just mislabeled it as a "3DS" game, so I didn't get it (pretty sure I was right). But I did want Fluidity and Mario Kart, but kept putting it off.[/QUOTE]It is a DSiWare game, the same one you (and I) already purchased, but all DSiWare games can be played on the 3DS. The codes you get from Club Nintendo can only be redeemed on a 3DS or a Wii, depending on the game. I'm really not sure why they do it that way, or why the DSi must be excluded, but I'm guessing they were making it clear to Wii and DS owners that Mario vs Donkey Kong code was only redeemable on the 3DS.

That being said, and because of your screen name there, I really would like it if they did an exclusive to Club Nintendo and finally release Earthbound--- I'd even be totally fine with it being a 3DS exclusive since playing it on the go would be awesome! Playing it again on anything would be the bee's knees.

This is great Nintendo finally allowed points to be used on dlc, that they are changing it frequently (it appears) and prices are really low (so far).

[quote name='twztid13']If you like the Zelda format (although it introduces a couple new mechanics that make it unique), you will like it. Some LOVE it (like me), and think it's better than OoT as the best Zelda game. Even if you don't agree, you will certainly not think it sucks. It's a fantastic game, without question. It may take a while to grow on you (as it takes a short while to 'get it'), but you won't dislike it. You can't!

Thank you, GodOfUncharted, for your help, man. Much appreciated![/QUOTE]

Hmm,
It's not everyone's cup of tea. And to say it's better than Ocarina of time, when it uses the same graphics engine, is not really accurate.
The game is not a typical Zelda game, in the normal sense, and I got bored by the 'quirk' pretty quickly.

Unless I get Dr Mario for the wii, this is going to be a pass I think. I still have my N64, and would just prefer to play on that for MM goodness. I was thinking of getting Dr Mario for the DS, but I found out it has no online multiplayer.

[quote name='vherub']This is great Nintendo finally allowed points to be used on dlc, that they are changing it frequently (it appears) and prices are really low (so far).[/QUOTE]

Low?

1. it's not DLC

2. You need to buy 150 dollars worth of merchandise to have enough coins to get those 150 coins

WHat are the feelings on the 3DS games? I really want to get something just for the hell of it, but I already have a Game Boy emulator on my PSP and I'm not sure about Dr. Mario.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Low?

1. it's not DLC

2. You need to buy 150 dollars worth of merchandise to have enough coins to get those 150 coins[/QUOTE]

As per #2, the Ambassador's got a ton of coins from the NES/GBA titles.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']2. You need to buy 150 dollars worth of merchandise to have enough coins to get those 150 coins[/QUOTE]

It's not really that bad when you count intend to buy, early registration and post play surveys it can be 80 coins per Wii game. You could get 150 coins for as little as $40 without sales (two Nintendo selects games or Wii Fit Plus.)

[quote name='vherub']This is great Nintendo finally allowed points to be used on dlc, that they are changing it frequently (it appears) and prices are really low (so far).[/QUOTE]

Dr. Mario Express (DSiWare) is normally $5, but is 150 coins.

Dr. Mario Online RX (WiiWare) is normally $10, but is 100 coins.

The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (Wii Virtual Console) is normally $10, but is 150 coins.

Kirby's Dreamland (3DS Virtual Console) is normally $4, but is 100 coins.

The prices may be 'low' (I disagree), but they are definitely uneven...

[quote name='Interfeci']Buy Kirby for 100, get 10* back with the reg and 10 back with post-play? How can I say no?

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you don't get the 30 reg coins, only the post play.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']2. You need to buy 150 dollars worth of merchandise to have enough coins to get those 150 coins[/QUOTE]

You're doing it wrong.

Would Dr. Mario for DSi, a $5 game, really be worth 150 coins? Seems like a bit of a ripoff. I think I'll just wait until Feb 1 for something new. In the meantime, is Photo Dojo worth $2?

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Low?

1. it's not DLC

2. You need to buy 150 dollars worth of merchandise to have enough coins to get those 150 coins[/QUOTE]

WTF dude? You don't know what you're talking about? Example: I bought Kirby's Epic Yarn for $8 and Flingsmash for $8 on Best Buy Deal of the day's. Both of those were worth 50 club nintendo coins and they both have 10 post play survey coins. So $16 for 120 coins.

Edit: I went ahead and bought majora. I don't know when I'll get around to playing it but at least it seems like a quality game from the comments here (obviously most Zelda games are). I've had fun with dr Mario in the past but I just don't think I want to spend 100 coins on it when maybe they'll make some other really good game available like a true Mario game. Plus I have bejeweled games by the dozen. Not multiplayer but close enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I'll get MM and Kirby. I have so many coins to burn, and I'm sitting on a stack of codes, waiting for the new platinum year.

[quote name='Dranakin']Guess I'll get MM and Kirby. I have so many coins to burn, and I'm sitting on a stack of codes, waiting for the new platinum year.[/QUOTE]

Same here, not sure what to do with all my coins but these monthly games are a start. In for Zelda :)

I'm glad they give you the option to buy games w/coins. while some of the nintendo swag is great, some of the more expensive stuff tends to really be good for a die hard nintendo or even mario fan. I'm happy to finally have something to spend my coins on that isn't a nintendo themed product.

...so here's hoping they release some games I actually want. cheers.

[quote name='100xp']I'm glad they give you the option to buy games w/coins. while some of the nintendo swag is great, some of the more expensive stuff tends to really be good for a die hard nintendo or even mario fan. I'm happy to finally have something to spend my coins on that isn't a nintendo themed product.

...so here's hoping they release some games I actually want. cheers.[/QUOTE]

I think it's great too. I'd much rather have a game, even a download game, than some stuff that I consider junk for kids. I don't want stickers, folders, notebooks, or bags with mario on them. That might have been cool when I was in the first grade but no so much anymore.

bread's done
Back