Playstation Vita Taco Bell Giveaway - Starts January 26th

FadeToOne

CAGiversary!
Surprised no one has posted this yet. Taco Bell and Sony are giving away a PS Vita every 15 minutes from January 26th through March 11th. My math tells me that's something like 4320 4416 giveaways.

VIA http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/10/taco-bell-ps-vita/

This sounds very similar to the Burger King Xbox Kinect giveaway about a year ago, so we can only hope there's some kind of free code method like that one had.

Here is the description from the Playstation blog on the 3 ways to win:

UNLOCK THE BOX: Beginning January 26th, Taco Bell’s specially marked $5 Buck Box – which includes a Cheesy Gordita Crunch, Crunchy Taco, Burrito Supreme and medium fountain drink – will also provide a code that can be entered online for an instant chance to “unlock” and win a PS Vita.

BATTLE: Download Taco Bell’s new mobile app to check out the exclusively designed Reality Fighters Dojo game where you can “battle” your friends to win a PS Vita.

BOAST: Taco Bell’s online contest will encourage you to submit a photo or video “boasting” about what you’re willing to do for a PS Vita. Submissions will then go into an online gallery where you and your peers can vote for the winners – it could be you!

I'll convert this over to wiki mode if we start finding free codes.

Contest is now live:

Main Site: http://unlock.tacobell.com/

iOS App - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/taco-...7361?ls=1&mt=8

Android App - https://market.android.com/details?i...tacobell&hl=en

------------------------------------

There doesn't appear to be any freebies (unless you mail for free codes in March) or any ways to enhance your odds besides collecting votes on Boast pictures.

Update: Since this turned into primarily a referral thread, I've wikified it so you guys can duke it out. Have at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw this on another forum. I'm probably gonna go ahead and just buy my Vita since the prize games aren't the ones that interest me most, and I want a bigger memory stick than 4GB. I do like Taco Bell though, so I may give it one or two tries anyway.

Just read this and was hoping to see a post on it here.

And I'm hoping even more that its something I could play daily without buying more than 2 or 3 of those boxes. I'm not big on taco bell.

If its anything like Subways contests, I'll be good :)

Thanks OP, this gives me yet another excuse to go to Taco Bell.

Although, I wish it wasn't restricted to this 5 Buck Box, since I prefer some of their other menu items.

Nice, looking forward to it.

[quote name='fullmetal']Although, I wish it wasn't restricted to this 5 Buck Box, since I prefer some of their other menu items.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Gotta love their 99 cent burritos. :D

[quote name='FadeToOne']Surprised no one has posted this yet. Taco Bell and Sony are giving away a PS Vita every 15 minutes from January 26th through March 11th. My math tells me that's something like 4320 giveaways.[/QUOTE]

It's actually 4416. February has 29 days this year.

[quote name='cruzadel']It's actually 4416. February has 29 days this year.[/QUOTE]

That actually wasn't my error... I counted the January portion as 5 days for some reason.

[quote name='Darknuke']cool, I will def participate in this. I love Taco Bell and that 5 buck box has some solid food in it.[/QUOTE]

and it comes out runny which will give people plenty of time to play with their vita on the shitter.

Well taco bell usually makes me sick to my stomach but I'll subject myself to that torture for a chance at a vita. Anyway I figured there wasnt a thread since the 1/26 is a long ways away.

Never tried the box and the giveaway sounds decent. (people are less able to cheat)
Really didnt like the Burger king giveaway as literally the same people would spam codes, create multiple accounts and win every single console so people that actually went to burger king were the biggest losers.

What interested me about that PS blog post was one of the free games is LBP Vita which hasn't had a release date announced yet to my knowledge.

I'll just be honing my skills with the app. I've managed to reach the top 1% on some iPhone games so I may have a chance to win.

[quote name='CBas92']Well taco bell usually makes me sick to my stomach but I'll subject myself to that torture for a chance at a vita.[/QUOTE]
s01e09_480.jpg

[quote name='M3wThr33']There's three ways to win.
Game pieces, a mobile phone app, and some video contest.[/QUOTE]

WHere is the mobile app? Or is it not out yet?

hmm ill probably get taco bell one time just to try my luck but that's about it. I won't go out of my way for extra codes though. The most ill do is get taco bell for dinner a night or two.

Its good food but that stuff runs through you faster then about any other fast food. I like it better then mcdonalds though.

Some people on here act as if they already won the contest. I don't plan on getting a vita anyways so if I won it just be even better.

[quote name='whoknows']This is perfect. Taco Bell is my #1 choice when it comes to authentic Mexican cuisine.[/QUOTE]

I can't tell if you're serious. My guess is no.

[quote name='venomscarnage']i happened to be one of the lucky winners to win the burger king kinect contest. Here's hoping i can get my hands on a vita now![/quote]

greedy.

[quote name='venomscarnage']I happened to be one of the lucky winners to win the Burger King Kinect contest. Here's hoping I can get my hands on a Vita now![/QUOTE]

A bunch of us were. That's why I'm hoping this works out similar with some free codes or something.

[quote name='Smokingpistol']Anyone able to tell if this will be going on in canada yet? Im guessing not but just checking to make sure[/QUOTE]

I hope it is in Canada, would loves to win a Vita. Does anyone know if the Kinect/Burger King promo was in Canada aswell?

The BK contest did not include Canada and this will not include Canada either. Unfortunately for you folks up north, licensing issues tend to make it difficult to extend contests/sweepstakes beyond our borders.

Also, the "3 ways to win" is a bit misleading. As all should know by now, these types of promotions have to include a way to participate without purchasing a product. So, if you're like me and can't stand the thought of paying a ridiculous amount of money for their disgusting food, all you have to do is send in SASE's or text messages and they'll send you codes.

[quote name='ZombieToast']The BK contest did not include Canada and this will not include Canada either. Unfortunately for you folks up north, licensing issues tend to make it difficult to extend contests/sweepstakes beyond our borders.

Also, the "3 ways to win" is a bit misleading. As all should know by now, these types of promotions have to include a way to participate without purchasing a product. So, if you're like me and can't stand the thought of paying a ridiculous amount of money for their disgusting food, all you have to do is send in SASE's or text messages and they'll send you codes.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you may not like their food, but $5 is a pretty good deal for what you're getting. Especially at a fast food joint that does a good job at filling you up.

I vehemently disagree; I think it's a horrible deal. If I wanted fast food burritos, I could get 12 of them over at Del Taco for about the same price and have leftovers. Or I could stop by the local Mexican joint and get a burrito the size of my head with tortillas, beans, sour cream, corn bread, a drink and all of the free chips I can handle. Best of all: the beef isn't mixed with oats and cocoa.

Obviously size is a matter of perspective and opinion, but I personally think the portions at Taco Bell are tiny. And it's worth mentioning that I despise lettuce, tomato, and guacamole, which cuts the size of each item in half. $5 is a good price for something that fills you up, but that's not going to happen for me at Taco Bell. Now, if these used the new Doritos taco shells, I'd be a little more forgiving because those are damn tasty (I feel dirty saying that about a Taco Bell product but it's true).

[quote name='ZombieToast']And it's worth mentioning that I despise lettuce, tomato, and guacamole...[/QUOTE] :dunce: Vegetables rock.

I haven't ate at taco bell since my college days 6 years ago. Not sure if I want to subject myself to that again. Thanks for the post, but not so sure if I would do this.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Tomato and avocado are fruits...[/QUOTE]I didn't say that those were vegetables. I made a blanket statement. The emoticon pertained to the part of your silly rant that I quoted. :bouncy:

Yeah, "the box" isn't a good deal if you don't eat anything but meat, beans, cheese, and lettuce like me. But I will still try to enter the contest

[quote name='ZombieToast']I vehemently disagree; I think it's a horrible deal. If I wanted fast food burritos, I could get 12 of them over at Del Taco for about the same price and have leftovers. Or I could stop by the local Mexican joint and get a burrito the size of my head with tortillas, beans, sour cream, corn bread, a drink and all of the free chips I can handle. Best of all: the beef isn't mixed with oats and cocoa.

Obviously size is a matter of perspective and opinion, but I personally think the portions at Taco Bell are tiny. And it's worth mentioning that I despise lettuce, tomato, and guacamole, which cuts the size of each item in half. $5 is a good price for something that fills you up, but that's not going to happen for me at Taco Bell. Now, if these used the new Doritos taco shells, I'd be a little more forgiving because those are damn tasty (I feel dirty saying that about a Taco Bell product but it's true).[/QUOTE]

o__o
We need a Del taco in NYC....NOW!!!

Probably going to get a few of these $5 boxes during this promotion... I'm feeling nauseous (and diarrhetic) just thinking about it.

That is all.

I just realized something. CAGs can help each other win the challenge part since it's based entirely on votes.

There's 3 winners a week for the length of the contest. If we all vote for one another and in a sense "take turns" with wins, no disappointments :D

Hmm, the AR game needs a picture of the $5 box to play ... I wonder if it needs a physical box with some kind of code ... ... or just a box positioned correctly ... (get to work cags ;) )

[quote name='CBas92']I just realized something. CAGs can help each other win the challenge part since it's based entirely on votes.

There's 3 winners a week for the length of the contest. If we all vote for one another and in a sense "take turns" with wins, no disappointments :D[/QUOTE]

You mean .. like if we formed some sort of .... Fellowship of the Unlock the Box Sweepstake ... ;)

[quote name='etcrane']You mean .. like if we formed some sort of .... Fellowship of the Unlock the Box Sweepstake ... ;)[/QUOTE]

By god yes.

bread's done
Back