- - - - -

Playstation Vita Taco Bell Giveaway - Starts January 26th

#31 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3073 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:53 AM

I vehemently disagree; I think it's a horrible deal. If I wanted fast food burritos, I could get 12 of them over at Del Taco for about the same price and have leftovers. Or I could stop by the local Mexican joint and get a burrito the size of my head with tortillas, beans, sour cream, corn bread, a drink and all of the free chips I can handle. Best of all: the beef isn't mixed with oats and cocoa.

Obviously size is a matter of perspective and opinion, but I personally think the portions at Taco Bell are tiny. And it's worth mentioning that I despise lettuce, tomato, and guacamole, which cuts the size of each item in half. $5 is a good price for something that fills you up, but that's not going to happen for me at Taco Bell. Now, if these used the new Doritos taco shells, I'd be a little more forgiving because those are damn tasty (I feel dirty saying that about a Taco Bell product but it's true).

#32 robodaddyo   is not a scumbag CAGiversary!   589 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

robodaddyo

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

And it's worth mentioning that I despise lettuce, tomato, and guacamole...

:dunce: Vegetables rock.

#33 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3073 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:28 AM

Tomato and avocado are fruits...

#34 phogoodness   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

phogoodness

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

I haven't ate at taco bell since my college days 6 years ago. Not sure if I want to subject myself to that again. Thanks for the post, but not so sure if I would do this.

#35 robodaddyo   is not a scumbag CAGiversary!   589 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

robodaddyo

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

I didn't say that those were vegetables. I made a blanket statement. The emoticon pertained to the part of your silly rant that I quoted. :bouncy:

#36 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12520 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

Yeah, "the box" isn't a good deal if you don't eat anything but meat, beans, cheese, and lettuce like me. But I will still try to enter the contest

#37 miIIer   rada rada rada CAGiversary!   331 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

Bananas are an herb.....

#38 The Bryant   Jobber to the Stars CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

The Bryant

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

I vehemently disagree; I think it's a horrible deal. If I wanted fast food burritos, I could get 12 of them over at Del Taco for about the same price and have leftovers. Or I could stop by the local Mexican joint and get a burrito the size of my head with tortillas, beans, sour cream, corn bread, a drink and all of the free chips I can handle. Best of all: the beef isn't mixed with oats and cocoa.

Obviously size is a matter of perspective and opinion, but I personally think the portions at Taco Bell are tiny. And it's worth mentioning that I despise lettuce, tomato, and guacamole, which cuts the size of each item in half. $5 is a good price for something that fills you up, but that's not going to happen for me at Taco Bell. Now, if these used the new Doritos taco shells, I'd be a little more forgiving because those are damn tasty (I feel dirty saying that about a Taco Bell product but it's true).

o__o
We need a Del taco in NYC....NOW!!!

#39 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3073 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:46 PM

Bananas are an herb.....

True story.

#40 TuckinPhypo   音楽人 CAGiversary!   368 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

TuckinPhypo

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

Bananas are an herb.....

You are a fruit... \\:D/

#41 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4927 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:29 AM

Looks like it's live ... today's the day ... let's combine powers to win some Vita's and not get stomach cancer ... http://unlock.tacobell.com/

iOS App - http://itunes.apple....87361?ls=1&mt=8

Android App - https://market.andro....tacobell&hl=en

#42 Kotomine   私は日本語を知らない。 CAGiversary!   1213 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:40 AM

Probably going to get a few of these $5 boxes during this promotion... I'm feeling nauseous (and diarrhetic) just thinking about it.

That is all.

#43 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40025 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:44 AM

Sweet!

Going to be eating Taco Bell for lunch everday until this ends!

#44 we3jesters   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   107 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

we3jesters

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:44 AM

"OR, from 3/2/12 through 3/11/12 (ONLY), visit http://unlock.tacobell.com for a free Code"

That is from the official rules, so if you can wait you can maybe save yourself some indigestion!

#45 CBas92   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:54 AM

I just realized something. CAGs can help each other win the challenge part since it's based entirely on votes.

There's 3 winners a week for the length of the contest. If we all vote for one another and in a sense "take turns" with wins, no disappointments :D

#46 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4927 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hmm, the AR game needs a picture of the $5 box to play ... I wonder if it needs a physical box with some kind of code ... ... or just a box positioned correctly ... (get to work cags ;) )

#47 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4927 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

I just realized something. CAGs can help each other win the challenge part since it's based entirely on votes.

There's 3 winners a week for the length of the contest. If we all vote for one another and in a sense "take turns" with wins, no disappointments :D

You mean .. like if we formed some sort of .... Fellowship of the Unlock the Box Sweepstake ... ;)

#48 CBas92   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:06 AM

You mean .. like if we formed some sort of .... Fellowship of the Unlock the Box Sweepstake ... ;)

By god yes.

#49 Smokingpistol   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   229 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Smokingpistol

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:14 AM

Like i said im in canada and we cant even dl the app it seems but if any CAG needs help in some way by voting or such, just ask :) would be happy to help a member win something this cool :)

#50 mrx001   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1297 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

Well,I'll be sending envelopes.

#51 tokyostomp  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

would work in theory but way to many cags to make it feasible

#52 CBas92   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:49 AM

would work in theory but way to many cags to make it feasible

Disappointing :/

#53 BiggyP2P   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

Just entered the picture contest. Think the easiest day to win would be today as it's getting rolled out today? Also, how would one go about buying extra boxes? I see in one of the photo some dude has like 10 boxes there.. did he just buy 10 $5 boxes or do some let it slide at a discounted rate?

Argh my stomach is gonna hate me.

#54 ohiostatedog   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   21 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

ohiostatedog

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

Are there any ways to get free multi-use codes like the ones from Subway's Uncharted 3 contest?

Here's a way to get 1 free code if you want
For one (1) free Code by mail, while supplies last, send a self-addressed, stamped business size (#10) envelope to: Taco Bell Big Box Request, P. O. Box 9319, Medford, NY 11763-9319, postmarked by 3/1/12 and received by 3/5/12. Limit one (1) free Code per request per stamped outer envelope. VT residents may omit stamp.

#55 axlrose4183   gold cobra CAGiversary!   1640 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

axlrose4183

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

I'm gonna be mad if I start eating this crap and I buy the box one day and they don't give me the box with the code on it. I've had that happen at other places before.

#56 r3dreck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   969 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

No install for my Galaxy S, first version... oh well.

#57 FadeToOne   It's CAGtastic! CAGiversary!   1880 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

FadeToOne

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

I decided to play off the male vote and posted an old picture of myself with some hot chicks with the tag line "I would give you free women"

So feel free to vote for me if it gets approved :P

#58 Veridis_Quo   VAIR-RID-DIS CAGiversary!   2425 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

tag

#59 Redeema   Refuses to pay full price CAGiversary!   5850 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

In the android marketplace you need to type in Taco Bell Mobile for it to come up in search, otherwise you get some third party junk, at least that happened on my Galaxy S2.

#60 Dr Mario Kart   SD/2D Defense Force CAGiversary!   10953 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Dr Mario Kart

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

It should be the case that entering in the middle of the night will yield a slightly higher chance to win. Whenever one of the random predetermined times hits, whoever enters a code on or after will win. There is more likely to be a larger window when the US of A is mostly asleep. I'm assuming thats how it works at least.