White Knight Chronicles 2 $30 new/$27 used at Gamestop

the first game does give you trophies if you earn them for wkc2. you play first game optionally tho, but you can earn trophies for it.

n thanx, im bout to flip acr for $30 @ gamestop by the 14th, but i didnt know what to spend it on. ill pick this up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Velo214']the first game does give you trophies if you earn them for wkc2. you play first game optionally tho, but you can earn trophies for it.[/QUOTE]

Can you elaborate on that please? It makes no sense to me...

yeah, im chilln and it sounds weird too, lol.
wkc1 and wkc2 have seperate trophy lists. you cant get any trophies for wkc1 trophy list in wkc2.
wkc2 contains both games but you will only earn trophies for wkc2 trophy list even if you choose to play wkc1 on the wkc2 disk.... is that better? sorry bro

So basically it's this.

-WKC has it's own trophy list
-WKC2 has it's own trophy list
-WKC2 has WKC on its disc
-If you play WKC from the WKC2 disc you won't get trophies for WKC, but if you meet an objective for a WKC2 trophy you'll get that one.

Is that accurate? Also, let's say you never played WKC before, does WKC2 add the WKC trophy list to your history even though you'll never unlock trophies for that list?

I'm sure its only the WKC2 trophy list, and you can only get the WKC2 trophies from 2 (Seeing how much they revamped it compared to the first)

Dunno, its not like its out of their ability to have multiple trophy sets on one disc. Maybe they had to rush it out or something.

Either way, the trophies for WKC1 take FOREVER (The only person i knew who plat'd it took about 800 hours). Doubt many of the trophies would be easily attainable now that 2 is out and there arent many reasons to still play 1 aside for the story.

nope, doesn't add wkc trophy list at all. wkc is optional in part 2, but they revamped it with the 'better' battle system wkc2 uses, so if you never played it, ya know. and there are some easy trophies like have x amount of currency, and if you play wkc2's version of wkc1 or go straight into wkc2 you will earn that trophy for the wkc2 list. yeps

and yeah it's like a minimum of 500 hours plat. i havent done it at all

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/wh...night-chronicles-ii-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/wh...-knight-chronicles-trophy-guide-road-map.html

I would recommend the series and a good price for it.

I have platinum'd both games (WKC1 took me 370 hours and WKC2 took me 320 hours). The battle system is very much improved from the previous one which makes battles flow a lot better. If you are going for the story it is pretty average, but I enjoyed it as it does have some good plot twists. Online is active for the most part and with guilds added and D3 bringing out new quests from time to time it gives good reason to play once in awhile even with the platinum done.

If you are going for the trophies though I will say be ready for a grind. Lots of gear and items to make and it will taste your patience with item drops, but nothing I found to bad. I will say though both platinums are probably my most satisfying ones.

I had rented a copy of the original to see if I would like it or not; will that save file work or do I have to start from scratch?

[quote name='MSUHitman']I had rented a copy of the original to see if I would like it or not; will that save file work or do I have to start from scratch?[/QUOTE]

The only way to import WKC1 data to WKC2 is to have cleared data from it (Went and checked this morning). If anything the new battle system will let you get to that same spot pretty quick.

Thanks, been wanting to get this for $30. Traded in Zelda 2 days ago for $32 just sittin' there.

Bought the first clearanced at Target for about $14.98 or whatever. Played an hour, traded it in for about $12 after I heard it would be included on the 2nd game disc. Glad to hear it sounds like the battle system really was improved. I have no use for trophies or online but $30 for 2 games still seems worth it for me.

Is it still $30 instore at WM? Wanted to get it there last month but no WM in STL that I'm near have it and the one at my parents place in southern IL didn't have it either.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is it still $30 instore at WM? Wanted to get it there last month but no WM in STL that I'm near have it and the one at my parents place in southern IL didn't have it either.[/QUOTE]
It was still at the store I was at this morning. Though I know a lot of times WM's prices can be a big YMMV. In this case it was tagged at $30. No sale tags or anything like that, so I'm sure its safe to say this is everywhere. Also being that GS and WM have it for $30 it could be the new MSRP.

But BB and Amazon still have it at full price and GS just lists it as a sale on their website and not a price drop. Any who this may be the time to buy as I can't find it at BB anymore, never found it at WM, and Target/TRU/KMart didn't carry it.

And thanks RPGHope18 for answering my question [come say hi to us in the STL thread in the regional forum! :) ] That means I've lost 5 hours of progress but not a huge deal I guess.

[quote name='MSUHitman']And thanks RPGHope18 for answering my question [come say hi to us in the STL thread in the regional forum! :) ] That means I've lost 5 hours of progress but not a huge deal I guess.[/QUOTE]

I have posted in there before. Heck, I'm on the previous page of posts. :rofl:

But yea, I know just about everything about this game with both platinums under my belt, so if people have questions you can ask. 5 hours will be easy to get back where you were.

[quote name='rpghope18']I have posted in there before. Heck, I'm on the previous page of posts. :rofl:

But yea, I know just about everything about this game with both platinums under my belt, so if people have questions you can ask. 5 hours will be easy to get back where you were.[/QUOTE]
I just added you as a friend. I'll definitely keep you in mind if I have any questions. Thanks

For any of you planning on picking the game up used, be aware this is one of Sony online pass games(the first WKC was not) The online code costs 10.00 on PSN if it has been redeemed from the package. The game prompts you pretty early in the story mode to try out Geonet and redeem the code, so chances that a used copy will have an unredeemed code are pretty slim.

[quote name='rpghope18']I would recommend the series and a good price for it.

I have platinum'd both games (WKC1 took me 370 hours and WKC2 took me 320 hours). The battle system is very much improved from the previous one which makes battles flow a lot better. If you are going for the story it is pretty average, but I enjoyed it as it does have some good plot twists. Online is active for the most part and with guilds added and D3 bringing out new quests from time to time it gives good reason to play once in awhile even with the platinum done.

If you are going for the trophies though I will say be ready for a grind. Lots of gear and items to make and it will taste your patience with item drops, but nothing I found to bad. I will say though both platinums are probably my most satisfying ones.[/QUOTE]

Only 370!
I have about 500 into WKC1 and just hit GR12 so still need the final binding and gold trophies.
How'd you do it so quick.

[quote name='mguiddy']Only 370!
I have about 500 into WKC1 and just hit GR12 so still need the final binding and gold trophies.
How'd you do it so quick.[/QUOTE]

I had people I met online that would help with quests since they were trying to get items and get ready for WKC2. I ran a lot of Big Red and did most of my stuff in only GR11 gear (was spear). Binding was probably the most difficult in WKC1.

I used a binding guide on GameFAQS and just saved up mats and crossed them off as I got what I needed. My trick to making WKC2 easier was I had saved all my bindings until the end of WKC1 then made a seperate save. So when I started WKC2, I had all my materials back so I didn't have to grind out all the items again for the next binding trophy.

[quote name='rpghope18']I had people I met online that would help with quests since they were trying to get items and get ready for WKC2. I ran a lot of Big Red and did most of my stuff in only GR11 gear (was spear). Binding was probably the most difficult in WKC1.

I used a binding guide on GameFAQS and just saved up mats and crossed them off as I got what I needed. My trick to making WKC2 easier was I had saved all my bindings until the end of WKC1 then made a seperate save. So when I started WKC2, I had all my materials back so I didn't have to grind out all the items again for the next binding trophy.[/QUOTE]
I have a full group of guys I was playing WKC1 with every week or so, so we always ran quests together, only time I played solo was single player and some early Big Red then I was hooked on soloing Lost Children 3. We really didn't do Big Red much though (focused more on fun than trying to hurriedly gain GR points). Guess that's why. :lol:

Geez so wkc2 just throws you right onto the mix doesn't it? I am so fucking lost! Guess I should Go back play wkc1 again and get a refresher. (I didn't get very far the first time I played it since I hated the combat)

[quote name='Brother Daz']Geez so wkc2 just throws you right onto the mix doesn't it? I am so fucking lost! Guess I should Go back play wkc1 again and get a refresher. (I didn't get very far the first time I played it since I hated the combat)[/QUOTE]

WKC2 has both games so unless you are wanting the trophies from WKC1 just stick with the enchanced WKC1 story on the WKC2 disc. The battle system is much improved and not as sluggish. When you start WKC2 up it will ask if you want to start WKC1 story and everything from scratch, or if you want to start WKC2 part of the story which you start at level 35 with very basic gear. I recommend just starting from scratch and getting use to the quicker battles, the different skills, and play around with them.

[quote name='rpghope18']WKC2 has both games so unless you are wanting the trophies from WKC1 just stick with the enchanced WKC1 story on the WKC2 disc. The battle system is much improved and not as sluggish. When you start WKC2 up it will ask if you want to start WKC1 story and everything from scratch, or if you want to start WKC2 part of the story which you start at level 35 with very basic gear. I recommend just starting from scratch and getting use to the quicker battles, the different skills, and play around with them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was the problem. I'll just start with the remastered first game. Thanks for the tip

[quote name='darrenaw9']Should i pick it up now or should i grab it later when i'm ready to play it? Will the price drop more then?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it will drop more in price, all games that aren't super rare do. I'm waiting for $15, I have way too much to play.

for those of u that don't want a gutted copy, i just pm'ed this at best buy and it came with free dlc "knights helm set." theres a yellow sticker for it on the front of the case. used a gc from failed guaranteed xmas delivery so it was 20+tax out the door. not bad at all.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Yes, it will drop more in price, all games that aren't super rare do. I'm waiting for $15, I have way too much to play.[/QUOTE]

This isn't super rare like Tales games, but it's rarer than most games since only 3 b&m stores carried it.

It might drop $10 more or it might go up given it's fairly low print run.

Is this game worth the 30 bucls? I enjoy games like DA, ME, FF, Wild Arm, will I enjoy this game? And anyone would care to comment on the main quest and roughly how long is it, i've heard that the advantage of this game is its online gameplay, but i would like to know if the main quest is interesting or dull. Thanks in advance. =)

bread's done
Back