FREE X-Men-Destiny w/ purchase of new Spider-Man Edge of Time (Ps3/360)!!!

Spider-Man EoT isn't worth it, get Shattered Dimensions instead, if you want a ASM game.

X-Men Destiny was really disappointing, this coming from a guy who went 1000/1000GS and played through it twice.

I am a big Spider-Man fan and I chose to rent both of these from Gamefly with the $1 for two month trial. And I am glad I did.

X-Men is a joke in terms of how easy it is. Beat it on the hardest difficulty without dying once and was able to 1000/1000 it in a day or two. The gameplay is decent, but I found the story to be very boring and lack luster

Spider-Man kind of suffers the opposite way. The gameplay could have been a lot better. I found the actual controls killing me more then the enemies. The story was pretty good though IMO.

I would say $10 for X-Men and $15 for Spider-Man would be fair prices. So $25 for both, a far cry from the $60 GS is asking for both.

Buy a piece of shit, and get a piece of trash free.
And to anyone defending Spider-Man: Edge of Time, I say this.
A Spider-Man game that takes place entirely INDOORS.
100% indoors.
It sucks out loud.

Wait... indoors? WTH? I didn't know about that.

I rented out X-men and didn't think it was such a bad game. Rental? Yes. $10-15 purchase perhaps even, but I can see how it's not worth more than that. It was fun.

That XMen game is awful. I rented it, and as a huge achievement whore, I tried to play through it twice. Couldn't. Just couldn't. It's beyond terrible.

[quote name='Zeus_Thunder']Totally agree lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same. I'm currently suffering through X-men Destiny. It suuuuuucccckkkkssss. I blame everyone who didn't buy Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. Now we get trash like this instead. Thanks guys.

[quote name='mietha']Yeah, same. I'm currently suffering through X-men Destiny. It suuuuuucccckkkkssss. I blame everyone who didn't buy Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. Now we get trash like this instead. Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

yeah seriously

marvel ultimate alliance 2 wasn't bad at all

x-men destiny and spidey edge of time are a joke

The Ultimate Alliance games aren't any good either, but they are godlike compared to X-men Destiny.
I dunno what was up with that game, it seemed really ambitious and exciting at first, then just devolves into some ultra generic brawler.

[quote name='poker360']59.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:[/QUOTE]

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is CAG, so no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j/k thanks anyway OP

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']The Ultimate Alliance games aren't any good either, but they are godlike compared to X-men Destiny.
I dunno what was up with that game, it seemed really ambitious and exciting at first, then just devolves into some ultra generic brawler.[/QUOTE]

MUA was best. MUA 2 was alright, not completely following the civil war saga, but it was still good.

Still hoping for MUA 3 with whoever that has license rights to marvel :)

I reminder seeing the first trailer for X-Men Destiny thinking it might be alright. Man was I wrong. They're aren't any redeeming qualities about this one. On a side note, I have Shattered Dimensions and that game is really fun. I'm enjoying the art style a lot.

I think X-Men Destiny was better suited as an XBLA/PSN game. It had some good ideas but the execution and production values were lacking. Still, I did like the level of customization in terms of both looks and powers. At $20, I think you would get your money's worth.

It's like getting 2 games for $30 each! Except that you might get a better deal depositing the money in a garbage can.

[quote name='drawingboard']My X-men Destiny mini-review:
"The campaign is about 5 hours long. You'll spend about 2 of those hours watching unskippable cutscenes."[/QUOTE]

O...M...G...

And you forgot to add "poorly acted and scripted" in front of cutscenes. Wow. It's like me and my friends wrote the dialogue and then recorded it on a cassette tape. Epic fail.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']O...M...G...

And you forgot to add "poorly acted and scripted" in front of cutscenes. Wow. It's like me and my friends wrote the dialogue and then recorded it on a cassette tape. Epic fail.[/QUOTE]

What I found most comical about X-Men was the rendering of the characters faces. Looks like somebody tired to design a face then hit it with a spiked bat. Toad's render was the worst where he looked like he walked behind a manure spreader for awhile.

Lets-Play-X-Men-Destiny-pt.-5-Northstar-Toad-Repeating-Character-Models.jpg

Looks like Toad has 2 sliced hard boiled eggs for eyes.

What's your mutant power? Giving people cholesterol?

I think I'll wait until I can get X-men Destiny completely free (with no purchase of a different game necessary). Who knows, it could happen! I got 2 copies of brink free from gamefly, so maybe the same could happen with X-men Destiny!

At this point, it seems like it's not worth buying for any price.

[quote name='sunghost']I think I'll wait until I can get X-men Destiny completely free (with no purchase of a different game necessary). Who knows, it could happen! I got 2 copies of brink free from gamefly, so maybe the same could happen with X-men Destiny!

At this point, it seems like it's not worth buying for any price.[/QUOTE]

Despite all of the jokes, it really depends on the individual. Some people really enjoyed it, but they were either X-Men fanatics or genuinely interested in both the concept and the genre so it turned out to be at the very least decent to them.

It's absolutely not something to recommend to most people, and certainly shouldn't have been full price given the overall level of presentation, content, etc. but Activision doesn't care.

I've been catching up on Morrison and Whedon's run on X-men, which has me in the mood to play through X-men legends 2, which I never got around to.

bread's done
Back