New/Used $20/$18 Earth Defense Force IA, Used $20 EDF 2017 @ Gamestop/AMZ

Might be YMMV, but the Best Buy in Fullerton, CA had PS3 copies of this for 14.50

Edit: Talking about Insect Armaggedon, not 2017

I was just researching these two recently, came up with the same results too. Tried eBay as well ED2017 goes for 20+, found one local tempted to pick it up with 10% plus 5$ off coup. Never played this before so I'm on the fence about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Tried eBay as well ED2 017 goes for 20+, found one local tempted to pick it up with 10% plus 5$ off coup. [/QUOTE]

If you're going to buy it, I'd recommend that's what you do. I don't think I've ever really seen it for less than $20.

Whether or not you'll actually like it is a whole other issue.

I remember when 2017 was dirt cheap for a while. Picked that up and loved it. Picked IA up recently and took some getting used to but definitely as fun as the first but in a different way IMO. The second one adds leveling up and ties access to weapons with it in ways the first one didn't. The ending was a little disappointing but still the most co-op fun I've probably ever had.

[quote name='AFC']Might be YMMV, but the Best Buy in Fullerton, CA had PS3 copies of this for 14.50

Edit: Talking about Insect Armaggedon, not 2017[/QUOTE]it's on clearance in-store

I recommend NOT getting this game. It's terrible. Bought it for $10 from BB when it was on sale and it was so bad I gave it away.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I remember when 2017 was dirt cheap for a while. Picked that up and loved it. Picked IA up recently and took some getting used to but definitely as fun as the first but in a different way IMO. The second one adds leveling up and ties access to weapons with it in ways the first one didn't. The ending was a little disappointing but still the most co-op fun I've probably ever had.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i picked up EDF 2017 back in 2008 or '09 on Amazon; cost me $20 for that and Samurai Warriors, as they were selling them bundled. Guess they couldn't get rid of either of them. Heh. Anyway, i knew a friend who loved the Warriors games, and i liked everything i'd seen about EDF and wanted to try it, so i took the plunge and bought the bundle, giving Samurai to my friend and keeping EDF for myself. Fell in love with it, and played it so much, it was actually the first 1000/1000 gamerscore i ever earned.

[quote name='Sepatown Tippie Tais']Both of them are $14.99 used at Best Buy and there's the two free games.[/QUOTE]

I always see people talk about buying used at Best Buy. But my Best Buy has pretty much zero inventory on used games.

bread's done
Back