What are the most exciting gaming and anime expos?

RomieYO

CAGiversary!
I just wanted to know which ones you guys think are the most fun in America. I want to go to some, but I wouldn't want to travel across the country to end up being bored or not having a great time. Thanks guys (I'm new here, so I probably put this in the wrong place or something else wrong).

Never actually been to any of these, yet. But I've heard:

1) San Diego Comic Con is one of the best.

2) The CES one earlier in January is also worth while cause it's timed with AVN.

[quote name='RomieYO']I want to go to some, but I wouldn't want to travel across the country to end up being bored or not having a great time.[/QUOTE]
Where do you live? Who knows, you might find a good one close to home. There's a pretty comprehensive directory of worldwide cons here.

Not much of a con-goer myself, but I have been to and love PAX (both East and Prime).

[quote name='blueshinra']Where do you live? Who knows, you might find a good one close to home. There's a pretty comprehensive directory of worldwide cons here.

Not much of a con-goer myself, but I have been to and love PAX (both East and Prime).[/QUOTE]

Minnesota, but I'm willing to go out of state. I've never been to one of these and I've always wanted to.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Can someone elaborate on what exactly is there to do at PAX (East preferably)? Does it focus mostly on Western games?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and in addition to that question, what expos keep you the most busy? Like maybe that means with little fun events, demos, and maybe has the best (in your opinion) atmosphere.

imo the best part of cons is meeting people

that would mean that the best part con is the one where you have friends you're going with or meeting up with, or if you're good at just randomly meeting people then any of the big cons are good

Cons + alocohol + friends is a pretty good combination in my experience. Probably the best part about PAX

Meeting up with friends (especially those you mainly know via the internet) and chatting with random strangers in line is always fun.

As for scheduled events, for PAX specifically, my husband and I both love the panels. There's usually so many that we'd like to see that we have to make some tough decisions as to our personal schedule. The Omegathon is also a blast.

Dead of Knight: There are a lot of Western games, but several Japanese companies are present as well (Nintendo being the biggest, but also Capcom, Sega, Square Enix, Atlus, etc.).

[quote name='Mospeada_21']2) The CES one earlier in January is also worth while cause it's timed with AVN.[/QUOTE]

CES isn't that great for gaming unless your paying a lot more money for the sessions. Even then, unless you're doing business, there's not much to see because they are usually panels of people with PowerPoints. Regarding the AVN, I believe that's been changed as of this year... it starts the week after CES.

PAX is fun. I've been to my local con. I also recommend retro gaming cons. Lots of fun

Midwest gaming classic anyone? Portland Retro Gaming Expo is also fun

[quote name='blueshinra']
Dead of Knight: There are a lot of Western games, but several Japanese companies are present as well (Nintendo being the biggest, but also Capcom, Sega, Square Enix, Atlus, etc.).[/QUOTE]

Hm, might be worth looking into then.

bread's done
Back