Monster Tale (DS) for $11.49 @ Amazon

I was actually just looking for this game for cheap. If I remember right, I read it has some nice Metroidvania gameplay to it. Very tempted at this price...

Thanks for the heads up. Now if only I could find a 360 copy of Resonance of Fate for 15 bucks, I'll have gotten a lot of what I've been looking for lately.

It's a decent game. Defiantly worth the $12 they are charging for it. It has some unique stuff to the game, although the biggest problem with the game is there is a little bit too much backtracking.

Highly recommend this game. One of my favorite surprises of 2011. A bit more kid-friendly than Metroid or Catlevania, challenge-wise, but I thought it had a lot more charm and personality than, say, Shadow Complex, which I felt was a more mature but somewhat lifeless take on the Metroidvania framework. 16-bit style and polish up the wazoo. Reminds me of the caliber of quality you see in Nintendo's second-party stuff, like Starfy or Kirby.

Hell, I wish Nintendo would have published this instead of Majesco, so it would have gotten the recognition it deserved.

[quote name='dave auto']Highly recommend this game. One of my favorite surprises of 2011. A bit more kid-friendly than Metroid or Catlevania, challenge-wise, but I thought it had a lot more charm and personality than, say, Shadow Complex, which I felt was a more mature but somewhat lifeless take on the Metroidvania framework. 16-bit style and polish up the wazoo. Reminds me of the caliber of quality you see in Nintendo's second-party stuff, like Starfy or Kirby.

Hell, I wish Nintendo would have published this instead of Majesco, so it would have gotten the recognition it deserved.[/QUOTE]

I second this. My favorite DS game last year. One of my top 5 games of 2011. Great game. A steal at this price. Good combo of pokemon style with Metroidvania gameplay/design.

Guys I am afraid even though it is fulfilled by Amazon the seller of this game (Lotsa Electronics/Supercoop llc) may have resealed the game our it is counterfeit. The Monster Tale I received from this order clearly was resealed. The game did not have the Y-Fold sealing that real new games have. Be mindful...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DealHunter']Guys I am afraid even though it is fulfilled by Amazon the seller of this game (Lotsa Electronics/Supercoop llc) may have resealed the game our it is counterfeit. The Monster Tale I received from this order clearly was resealed. The game did not have the Y-Fold sealing that real new games have. Be mindful...[/QUOTE]

Doesn't mean anything. This has been discussed before, as I recall. Not all DS games have y-folds.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-297235.html

[quote name='DealHunter']Guys I am afraid even though it is fulfilled by Amazon the seller of this game (Lotsa Electronics/Supercoop llc) may have resealed the game our it is counterfeit. The Monster Tale I received from this order clearly was resealed. The game did not have the Y-Fold sealing that real new games have. Be mindful...[/QUOTE]
Go check out the copies at Best Buy or something. They're the same way.

[quote name='Stele']Go check out the copies at Best Buy or something. They're the same way.[/QUOTE]

Stele and WilliamG thanks for informing me about this. I corrected my mistake and removed negative feedback from their profile. Thanks a lot.

Yeah, it's kind of annoying that numerous ds games don't have the y folds. I usually go check at a couple local retail stores just to verify it's ok.

I picked this up when it was first on sale. Highly recommend it. Completely charming and fun. My only complaint is that you do end up doing a lot of backtracking but given the type of game it is you will always have a fun new ability when you traverse an area a second or third time.

bread's done
Back