Buying a PS2, need advice.

Groucho

CAG Veteran
I’m planning to finally buy a PS2. Before I do I thought I should check here to see if anyone might know if there is a price cut coming anytime soon. In which I should wait a while longer.

Also can anyone offer advice on buying one? I want a new one with a full warranty. I’m wary of buying a used one at EB Games with only a 14 day warranty. Any good place to buy one, any coupons or discounts available? Thanks in advance!

i'm guessing it'll drop to the $99 price point around Christmas to compete with Xbox2 and empty the retailers stock before PS3 launches.

Or if you were like my friend you would've gotten a PS2 doing the TRU Greentag sale and EB trade-in 2 get $10 BONUS and you woulda gotten a PS2 for less than $40. Now that's a cheapass!

I would definately wait until after E3 (Mid May). I think a price drop is a long time coming and maybe we will get one around then. The system is 4 and a half years old now. I would get a new one and avoid preplayed ones like the plague. I know gamecrazy gives you 12 free movie/game rentals with purchase of a system. I have seen places offer a free game with a system but it is usually xbox or gamecube.

$129.99 price point is expected... around xbox 2 launch

but a huge $99.99 drop should be 4-6 months before the PS3 launch.

[quote name='Spoon_si']$129.99 price point is expected... around xbox 2 launch

but a huge $99.99 drop should be 4-6 months before the PS3 launch.[/QUOTE]

Based on what? I predict a $129.99 after E3 and $99.99 at Christmas in order to complete with Xbox2. The ony thing Sony can do at Christmas is cut the price of the ancient PS2 or push the PSP down to $149. But the PSP is not going to compete with the Xbox2.

bread's done
Back