White Knight Chronicles 2 - $30 New @ BestBuy/Gamestop

rpatrick

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='burz88']Picked this up today at gamestop today same price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, edited title/OP. Would expect this to be relatively universal soon, although the first took forever for that to happen.

Well, damn, I actually hunted down a sealed on at GS. I may return that in favor of using up some Best Buy digital credits (for cancelled orders) I just got. Hmmmm....

tempting, since i just renewed my lousy PUR card.

I got a B2G1 cert to burn but there is nothing really in that price range worth buying. there is a copy of Trinity: Souls of Zill 'Oll 18 miles away.... but if i got those 2 I wouldn't know what to take for a free game. everything seems overpriced, a lot of $24.99 games there I have seen go new for $10.

I preordered this game and was excited to play it because I always wanted to play the first one but never got around to it (and this has a "remastered" version of WKC1 on it). I haven't made it to WKC2 yet (still on WKC1) but so far it has been the most boring game I've played in a long time. Hope you enjoy it more than I have.

[quote name='RColaUAB']I preordered this game and was excited to play it because I always wanted to play the first one but never got around to it (and this has a "remastered" version of WKC1 on it). I haven't made it to WKC2 yet (still on WKC1) but so far it has been the most boring game I've played in a long time. Hope you enjoy it more than I have.[/QUOTE]

I'm doing the same thing right now (playing WCK1 for the first time on the WKC2 disc). I'm about halfway though and am enjoying the experience. I have a few complaints (I dislike the main character, the menu system is horribly clunky and ineffecient) but overall I'm impressed. Best character creator I've ever seen in a game. I'd say it is at least as good as FFXIII, which wasn't stellar but still good. I don't understand why this game got so many 50-60/100 review scores.

I was tempted to price match FS for this but since BB dropped it now, I'm still horribly tempted. Don't forget that exclusive dlc comes with it at BB.

don't think i plan on playing the first one, especially if there arent any trophies. ive heard the SP in WKC1 was horriboring.

Just a warning to anyone thinking about buying used, this game needs the online pass to play online unlike the original WKC1 The pass cost 10 bucks on PSN if i'm not wrong. Just a heads up.

Thank you for the heads up for Walmart in-store and especially the PSN pass. Completely forgot about that! Would highly recommend against buying used considering 90% of this game or more is online.

I have yet to play WKC. Is it like Final Fantasy XII? It's quite possibly my favorite FF thanks to the amount of freedom and versatility you have.

Had a $25 gift card from surveys to spend at GS so I got this finally. Guy at the counter wondered why I didn't have a reward card for them while he was putting on a sticker to keep my "new" copy closed. Reinforcing the reasons I don't shop there while still being super cheap!

[quote name='Xiemos']I have yet to play WKC. Is it like Final Fantasy XII? It's quite possibly my favorite FF thanks to the amount of freedom and versatility you have.[/QUOTE]

Kind of. I don't think it is quite as good as FFXII to be honest. There was a lot more you could do with the AI in that game with the gambit system. I do think you'll find it's a game with a similar combat system just not executed as well.

That said if you like JRPG's and have a moderate tolerance for cliched story lines with groan-worthy dialogue at times, you'll probably enjoy it. I think the largest complaint with this game, at least the single player part, is that with all of the abilities you can unlock, there isn't a need for many of them. You could easily just spam basic attacks and win any battle. The graphics, environments and music are great and there are tons of things to do in just single player.

I don't have much experience with multiplayer, but what I have played of it is quite fun, especially with a good group of people with mics.

[quote name='hwmusic']hmm, anyone think this game is going to continue to plummet? 14.99-19.99 soon?[/QUOTE]

Lol no way. The first one took forever to price drop and seeing how this one just dropped, I'd expect it to be at it for a while.

Great price for a very good game. Having two games in one makes it very appealing, especially with a remastered part 1 with better graphics.

Many say it has a cliched story, well, only on the cover. You actually have to get past part 1 to discover the differences and it's handled nicely.

As for the FFXII comparisons, they're definitely there. With the gambit system you could do more, but there's plenty involved in this game's system to keep you on your toes, plus the Incorruptus's...(The Knights.)

Oh, and dat soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bXpI1hn0SA&feature=related

Drat, I got a used copy and the Georama code was already used. If anyone has one they would be willing to sell, please send me a PM.

Great price for a very good game. Having two games in one makes it very appealing, especially with a remastered part 1 with better graphics.

Many say it has a cliched story, well, only on the cover. You actually have to get past part 1 to discover the differences and it's handled nicely.

As for the FFXII comparisons, they're definitely there. With the gambit system you could do more, but there's plenty involved in this game's system to keep you on your toes, plus the Incorruptus's...(The Knights.)

Oh, and dat soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bXpI1hn0SA&feature=related

Man I play through the first one, but I disliked it so much that it's hard to convince my self to even get this second one for more than $10.

I did like the opening and closing song of the first game. They were literally the best parts of the game.

bread's done
Back