FYE in downtown Boston MA is closing

So many bad things I could say about them pricks. It got to the point where I stopped doing business with them. This was before my CAG days though.

The only good thing there was the harder to find DS games.

Hopefully fellow Boston CAGers can get some good deals on what's left.

FYE closing huh...

Maybe they'll put their stuff on clearance so that their outrageous prices will finally be back down to a reasonable and competitive level.

So is the clearance stuff only slightly overpriced? I haven't bought a single thing from FYE. Their prices are always ridiculous.

That place was epic, all those penny games, $3-$27 flips, and other assorted deals will make me miss that store.

Please post if it's worth taking advantage of their store closing sales, they are really just moving since the lease is up so I'm doubtful it'll be good.

I can always find hard to find stuff at FYE. It really is too bad that stores like this are simply going away. I wonder when things will come full circle, and retail stores will rise again? Or do I have to now buy hard to find CD's and games on eBay and Amazon for the rest of my life?

[quote name='DDustiNN']FYE closing huh...

Maybe they'll put their stuff on clearance so that their outrageous prices will finally be back down to a reasonable and competitive level.[/QUOTE]

What's funny is how many consumers have been brainwashed by these going out of business sales and usually most of the decent items are purchased between 10-30% off.

Having worked at an FYE as an 2nd Assistant Manager for 1.5 years, I can say, without a doubt, that I hope they go under. Poorly run and absolutely terrible future-sight. Back in 2010/11 there was a promotion where select (read: most) single-disc CDs were $9.99. This ran for about two-three months and then was canned. We had to work from about 6am-9am in the morning to apply stickers when the promotion first started, and we had to spend about the same amount of time to take them off when it failed. My problem with this is such: why couldn't someone purchase stickers that were easy to remove?

That said, they force managers to worth 50+ hours some weeks while part-timers are lucky to get 6 hours for the WEEK. It's ridiculous and I hope they fail.

Everything was 50%+ off. Notable deals were XBOX live for 50% off, RE5 CE for $35, Halo 3 Legendary Ed for $25, Halo Reach CE $65, MS XBOX Headsets for $20, Wii plus controllers with game bundles for$25, and a couple of generic Wii arcade sticks for $10. They had a 360 behind the counter that was probably $125 as well, but I'm guessing it was for one of the employees and I didn't want to jack it. Monday is going to be their last day.

Oh, and they have a SHIT TON of rockband guitars.

*Note: I'm not sure if the 360 deals are good deals, but they look decent to me because the CE's are somewhat hard to find sealed and 12 month live subs are around $40.

Seemed like only a couple good deals on the sealed CE's. Almost pulled the trigger on a GTAIV CE for PS3 for $20, but I still have my 360 version from the launch. Did pick up the Call of Duty: World at War CE for $20ish.

bread's done
Back