CAGcast #267: We Hope They Serve Pancakes In Hell

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]Wombat is boycotting CBS, CheapyD is not boycotting E3, and Shipwreck supports hermaphroditic dogs.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]176[/podcast]
Download - 74 minutes, 44MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast: FREE AUDIBLE 2 WEEK TRIAL & AUDIOBOOK
[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: Who are These Assholes - Hollertronix / John 3:16 Commercial

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wombat:

Technically it is FotF's right to say it in your living room. By turning on the TV, you entered a contract with the provider (in this case CBS) and allowed yourself to be subjected to what they wish to broadcast. If you don't like what you hear or see, it's up to you to change the channel. FotF didn't make you turn on your television, you actively engaged in the process, knowing full well the risks associated with it. Seeing something you didn't like, you exercised your ability to change the channel. FotF has just as much of a right to broadcast their message during an NFL game as does a group like GLAAD, which may offend members of the audience as well.

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']Wombat:

Technically it is FotF's right to say it in your living room. By turning on the TV, you entered a contract with the provider (in this case CBS) and allowed yourself to be subjected to what they wish to broadcast. If you don't like what you hear or see, it's up to you to change the channel. FotF didn't make you turn on your television, you actively engaged in the process, knowing full well the risks associated with it. Seeing something you didn't like, you exercised your ability to change the channel. FotF has just as much of a right to broadcast their message during an NFL game as does a group like GLAAD, which may offend members of the audience as well.[/QUOTE]

Which is the thing I don't get - why do people protest TV shows? Just don't watch them you dumbasses.

Listening to the show while doing some late-night cleaning.

I love the enthusiasm towards Dead Island. In my head, it's right behind Skyrim as my favorite game of last year. Good stuff. In the sequel, I hope they can make the characters animate a bit better because the voice-acting is actually pretty good. The combat is fantastic for a first-person game—especially if you enable the analog controls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so7ERKDgjes

yeah there are plenty of more important things we should be rallying to fix in america but considering you run a website you should be a bit more interested in this than brushing it off and tossing money at it. no offense.

dead island is a great game be sure to collect the colored skulls.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Cheapy, you've got some static issues with your recording.[/QUOTE]

Where/when?

[quote name='lokizz']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so7ERKDgjes

yeah there are plenty of more important things we should be rallying to fix in america but considering you run a website you should be a bit more interested in this than brushing it off and tossing money at it. no offense.
[/QUOTE]No offense taken. I'm definitely interested in what happens with SOPA, however, I don't think boycotting E3 and/or blacking out CAG is going to have any effect on the outcome whatsoever.

[quote name='CheapyD']Where/when?
[/QUOTE]

It happens sporadically throughout the episode, so you can't really single out one time.

Yeah there were a few crackles maybe three the whole episode, really not bad enough to worry about didn't cut anyone out or make it unlistenable. Good episode, I enjoyed it!

Agree with Wombat on that stupid fucking john 3:16 commercial.

All those kids are being brainwashed. They’ll probably never really pay attention to science and learn how amazing this world actually is. The problem with that is that it leads to knowledge, the true devil of religion.

Also I wonder if the Christian Broadcasting System (…oh that’s not what it stands for? Huh.) would air an atheist or agnostic commercial? Christians have shared their beliefs, so what about the atheists or agnostics…or the Jews or Muslims…

I’ll give credit where it’s due though. That girl at the end of the commercial that says “wow”? Adorable.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Agree with Wombat on that stupid fucking john 3:16 commercial.

All those kids are being brainwashed. They’ll probably never really pay attention to science and learn how amazing this world actually is. The problem with that is that it leads to knowledge, the true devil of religion.

Also I wonder if the Christian Broadcasting System (…oh that’s not what it stands for? Huh.) would air an atheist or agnostic commercial? Christians have shared their beliefs, so what about the atheists or agnostics…or the Jews or Muslims…

I’ll give credit where it’s due though. That girl at the end of the commercial that says “wow”? Adorable.[/QUOTE]

Take it easy my fellow CAG member.

As a Christian myself, John 3:16 is essentially what all Christians believe in. That verse is basically why Christians are Christians and what makes a Christian...a Christian. Because that's what we believe in. I believe in Science and Judaism as well. I don't know why beliefs offend people so much. Does it mean go to hell? Hell No. None of us are the judge of that. If someone you know says they are then they're an idiot. You can be atheists or agnostics if you want to, go for it. You can believe what you want to. I'm not going to prejudge you. What you choose to believe is your freedom. Just as long as you're not a jerk then you're okay with me.

Now before this turns into a argument...which will most likely happen since we're in a personal subject matter like this one. Let me revert the attention to the real issue. It's nothing more than the media pushing there agenda. "Oh look Tim Tebow....we need to take advantage of his beliefs and make him our poster boy." That kinda pisses me off even as a Christian because the media makes Tim Tebow their ideal Christian and I'm pretty freakin sure that he's not the only Christian football player in the world. He just so happens to tickle the medias fancy. Tebow doesn't boast about it, he just plays football. He's just a rookie NFL player you media idiots, not Football Jesus.

This is almost as ridicules as the "Janet Jackson shiny nipple incident"...totally blown out of proportion by the media.
I think the people that were never breastfed as a baby got upset over that.

Just a thought to throw at Wombat. I respect people and their religious beliefs and I have friends that are Christian and I understand where they are coming from. If you really believe someone will goto a place called hell for eternity, and you cared enough I think you would do everything in your power to stop that from happening. I know John 3:16 offends people but if one REALLY believes that's true then they are only showing they care by telling you. You don't have to agree, just understand. Anyways, I love the show and am a huge fan! Especially a fan of the Wombat!

[quote name='CheapyD']
No offense taken. I'm definitely interested in what happens with SOPA, however, I don't think boycotting E3 and/or blacking out CAG is going to have any effect on the outcome whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Doing absolutely nothing, is also not going to have any effect on the outcome whatsoever.

[quote name='TheDrypa']Doing absolutely nothing, is also not going to have any effect on the outcome whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

I donated money to the EFF, signed several petitions and wrote my Congressmen. Is that nothing?

[quote name='TheDrypa']Doing absolutely nothing, is also not going to have any effect on the outcome whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Doing nothing sounds like the easier way to not effect anything.

Did it included updates on Wombats twitter rage/battle against CBS? Updates on SHC gamer? Plants Vs Zombies on the VITA-------- Wooooooo!

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I thought Wombat was angry at CVS.[/QUOTE]

Why would he be mad at Capcom versus SNK?

[quote name='sandmanzero']Take it easy my fellow CAG member.

As a Christian myself, John 3:16 is essentially what all Christians believe in. That verse is basically why Christians are Christians and what makes a Christian...a Christian. Because that's what we believe in. I believe in Science and Judaism as well. I don't know why beliefs offend people so much. Does it mean go to hell? Hell No. None of us are the judge of that. If someone you know says they are then they're an idiot. You can be atheists or agnostics if you want to, go for it. You can believe what you want to. I'm not going to prejudge you. What you choose to believe is your freedom. Just as long as you're not a jerk then you're okay with me.

Now before this turns into a argument...which will most likely happen since we're in a personal subject matter like this one. Let me revert the attention to the real issue. It's nothing more than the media pushing there agenda. "Oh look Tim Tebow....we need to take advantage of his beliefs and make him our poster boy." That kinda pisses me off even as a Christian because the media makes Tim Tebow their ideal Christian and I'm pretty freakin sure that he's not the only Christian football player in the world. He just so happens to tickle the medias fancy. Tebow doesn't boast about it, he just plays football. He's just a rookie NFL player you media idiots, not Football Jesus.

This is almost as ridicules as the "Janet Jackson shiny nipple incident"...totally blown out of proportion by the media.
I think the people that were never breastfed as a baby got upset over that.[/QUOTE]

If I have to see commercials or shows that feature gay people or promote gay rights that I find horribly offensive I don't see the issue with kids reading John 3:16. The fact that the verse effects Wombat so much speaks really of the truth of the message and if it has 1 person to believe and accept Jesus as the savior then it was well paid for. Yes, it's saying, you don't believe you are going to hell. No reason to sugarcoat it.

Regarding Tebow, he's always been that way. I think so many atheletes talk about being a Christian and then do questionable things while they are talking right but still doing wrong. There has been no evidence against Tebow but people are waiting to say I told you so.

My opinions on Science? I call most of it guess work with a paycheck. I'd say they are more like weathermen, sometimes right often wrong. But who's to argue with them, they are the "Experts"

So you're a homophobe, and you waste half the screen with three signatures stacked on top of each other. Not sure which is worse.

[quote name='sandmanzero']Take it easy my fellow CAG member.

I think the people that were never breastfed as a baby got upset over that.[/QUOTE]
I'll just give you the real issues I have with Christianity.

1. The beliefs on gays. It's so archaic. what this is basically like to me: Discrimination/Racism/Intolerance with no logic behind it. If there is any real logic to it, please do enlighten me.

2. The ridiculousness of it all. You don't understand something, therefore god? Seriously? There's so much that we don't understand that is real. God is probably not one of those things. I hate that progress is held back because of religion. What this is basically like to me: Santa Clause. Except Santa Clause isn't the cause of wars and repression so far as I know.

3. The John 3:16 commercial example. Ok fine, so again...what about atheists/agnostics/jews/muslims/devil/laundry soap worshippers? Where are their commercials? What this is like to me: We can have BET, where is WET? Can we ever stop the double standard bullshit? It's everyone, or no one.

New found respect for Cheapy for hating Boondock saints. I watched the movie because it's a cult hit and I couldn't find its charm. I could see the movie being awesome if I was 7 years old and if it came out in the 80's.

I agree 100% with Wombat on the John 3:16 commercial.
The problem I have with it is that it was aimed directly at children.
Believe me, christain groups would be pissed if an atheist group bought advertising time and had children read a passage about evolution.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'll just give you the real issues I have with Christianity.

1. The beliefs on gays. It's so archaic. what this is basically like to me: Discrimination/Racism/Intolerance with no logic behind it. If there is any real logic to it, please do enlighten me.

2. The ridiculousness of it all. You don't understand something, therefore god? Seriously? There's so much that we don't understand that is real. God is probably not one of those things. I hate that progress is held back because of religion. What this is basically like to me: Santa Clause. Except Santa Clause isn't the cause of wars and repression so far as I know.

3. The John 3:16 commercial example. Ok fine, so again...what about atheists/agnostics/jews/muslims/devil/laundry soap worshippers? Where are their commercials? What this is like to me: We can have BET, where is WET? Can we ever stop the double standard bullshit? It's everyone, or no one.[/QUOTE]

You can spend the rest of your life trying to argue logic to a believer.

My recommendation to everyone is to watch some of Christopher Hitchen's God debates on youtube then make your own mind up on where you stand. Christopher Hitchens was one of the best orators for Athiesm and he did a number of taped debates with some of the best religious orators on whether there is a God and the role of religion in our world.

I have respect for any believer regardless of religion with an original mind,
but I have little time for anyone who just follows what their parents told them and never seriously looked at other religions as an option or athiesm.

SOPA shouldn't be taken lightly. The only reason it's dying is because of all the interest. Remember Congressman an all in the back pockets of the RIAA and MPAA.

Thank you for the CAGcast good sirs. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to Kingdoms of Amalur once the price drops (not to mention that fact that I still need to finish Uncharted 3 and SKYRIM). I look forward to next weeks installment hopefully with more gaming content & witty banter and less stories about people being offended. . . . . no offense ;-)

Wombat, here's a little bit of irony that I think you'd enjoy. Leslie Moonves is the President and CEO of CBS Corporation. For all intents and purposes, the buck stops with Les regarding what IS and what ISN'T aired on CBS. I think its safe to say the same thought pattern could be applied to any President/CEO regarding the operation of their respective company.

Anyway, here's the irony . . . Les Moonves is JEWISH :)

wireless HDMI sounds like a good idea might even apply that to my consoles. does super programmer john have any recommendations on what wifi hdmi adapter to use?

[quote name='detectiveconan16']http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10105&cs_id=1010504&p_id=8087&seq=1&format=2

This is what Super Programmer John did to his system? Well it's more sensible than drilling a hole in Cheapy D's mansion.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's exactly the same thing I'm using.

I use an HDMI switch, plugged into an HDMI splitter, which is plugged into both the transmitter and my Dell U2711 monitor. It lets me have a PC, a 360 and a PS3 all in my office, viewable on both the TV and my office monitor at the same time.

The only thing to be aware of is that the range of the wireless HDMI setup isn't vast - you'll get away with going through a single wall, but transmitting and receiving from opposite ends of the house would be a stretch.

Ah, now I understand why Wombat was so pissed about that Focus on Family TV ad. Was curious about it. Good man. Stand up against it. Bringing some serious issues to the show.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'll just give you the real issues I have with Christianity.

3. The John 3:16 commercial example. Ok fine, so again...what about atheists/agnostics/jews/muslims/devil/laundry soap worshippers? Where are their commercials? What this is like to me: We can have BET, where is WET? Can we ever stop the double standard bullshit? It's everyone, or no one.

[/QUOTE]

1. my Answer: Christians believe sodomy is unclean, whether it be with a man or a woman. I'm not saying gay people are unclean, but the act of sodomy is. Other than that I don't have a problemo with the person unless they're jerks. We also can't eat bottom feeding type fish and swine since they're unclean as well but most Christians don't know that...BUT HEY EVERYABODIES DOING IT! Discrimination/racism/intolerance is in all forms of animals in nature. It all around nature....except plants...but I could be wrong. I don't like the way that tree is swaying at me. (the happening)

2. my Answer: Not knowing something and knowing something that you don't fully understand is mind bending isn't it? It's like the big bang theory. We don't know what kind of immense force caused it, but we can except that it happened. It's just something we don't fully understand but we can piece together with probable cause. Which why we need a flux capacitor to make time travel possible.

3. my Answer: Sure. Atheists can make a commercial about current scientific knowledge and Agnostics can make a commercial about something they're not one way or the other about. Jews and Muslims have the right make a commercial about their beliefs as well. If they can get the funding and backing I don't see why not. I draw the line at devil and laundry soap worshipers. They're clearly up to no good. Teddy Ruxpen and Snuggles bear are clearly the works of evil. :whistle2:?

As a Black man myself, I can truly say BET sucks beyond suck without sounding like a racist bigot. That's what I think of it anyway. WET is pretty much just about every channel anyway...so I fail to see the point in having one. That would be as redundant as the KFC Double-Down. :) USA is a everyone channel isn't it? If not it's close to one.

By the way, I'm only speaking for my own reasoning of things. This is just my opinion. It doesn't represent all. Just me and the way I see things. All in all, it's just the yin and yang of things. I hope this was a little entertaining.

Not all of us know what Blue's whatever is. I'm single with no younger siblings and my friends that have kids almost all of them are babies and the one person I know with kids old enough to watch stuff it's either Star Wars Clone Wars or Sesame Street.

Last "kids" show I watched was Kim Possible.

[quote name='CheapyD']Where/when?[/QUOTE]

Static at about the 2, 15, 20:50, 29, 30, 34:30, 38, 54, and 58:30 minute marks.

[quote name='Curufinwe']So you're a homophobe, and you waste half the screen with three signatures stacked on top of each other. Not sure which is worse.[/QUOTE]:applause:
The line that got me was "My opinions on Science? I call most of it guess work with a paycheck. I'd say they are more like weathermen, sometimes right often wrong. But who's to argue with them, they are the "Experts""

"To be termed scientific, a method of inquiry must be based on gathering empirical and measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning." In other words, something backed up by facts that others can reproduce and get the same result.

Hey guys I just wanted to comment about SOPA and GoDaddy real quick. My brother-inlaw works at GoDaddy and said that they do not support SOPA at all. The rumblings within the company are that some lawyer saw SOPA and decided that looked good and stuck GoDaddy on the list of supporting companies. Within the same day they had removed their name from the supporting list and never made any efforts to support SOPA in any way.

I am no GoDaddy supporter really, what with the CEO out killing elephants and all, but with SOPA they are really not involved.

[quote name='John']Yep, that's exactly the same thing I'm using.

I use an HDMI switch, plugged into an HDMI splitter, which is plugged into both the transmitter and my Dell U2711 monitor. It lets me have a PC, a 360 and a PS3 all in my office, viewable on both the TV and my office monitor at the same time.

The only thing to be aware of is that the range of the wireless HDMI setup isn't vast - you'll get away with going through a single wall, but transmitting and receiving from opposite ends of the house would be a stretch.[/QUOTE]

BRB, i'm buying that.

[quote name='iwannadie']Hey guys I just wanted to comment about SOPA and GoDaddy real quick. My brother-inlaw works at GoDaddy and said that they do not support SOPA at all. The rumblings within the company are that some lawyer saw SOPA and decided that looked good and stuck GoDaddy on the list of supporting companies. Within the same day they had removed their name from the supporting list and never made any efforts to support SOPA in any way.

I am no GoDaddy supporter really, what with the CEO out killing elephants and all, but with SOPA they are really not involved.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't understand why GoDaddy would support SOPA, but that sounds like a plausible explaination. It would be a really idiotic considering the type of business they're in involves website building. They would lose a TON of income if they really supported it.

There's also government conspiracy theories that may have underhandedly put their name on the support list. But our government is WAAY to honest to do that. :roll:

[quote name='aplusjimages']New found respect for Cheapy for hating Boondock saints. I watched the movie because it's a cult hit and I couldn't find its charm. I could see the movie being awesome if I was 7 years old and if it came out in the 80's.[/QUOTE]

i tried watching that for the same reason and i had to give up on it because it was so damn hokey. i just couldnt get why people liked it so much and the shit they were doing in the film was laughable like someone trying really hard to be cool but failing miserably.

bread's done
Back