Dead Rising 2 OTR PS3 $21.38 free ship @ newegg

Born to hand-jive, baby,
Born to hand-jive baby- yeah!

How low can you go?
How low can you go?
How low can you go?
How low can you go?

The gameplay tweaks and additions that that were made to this version of the game make it infinitely more appealing to me, so I'm in for one. Thanks for posting, OP!

[quote name='sainrub']Born to hand-jive, baby,
Born to hand-jive baby- yeah!

How low can you go?
How low can you go?
How low can you go?
How low can you go?[/QUOTE]

lol next time post this when the grease game goes on sale

im gonna grab a 2nd copy for my grrl, i got mine from awd for 25 around xmas.
using my darksouls 20 bonus, but they don't take discover, argh. they used to, why they stop that?
oh well, i guess i will paypal it. 1.38 omg
finally a good deal on newegg that doesnt require a promo code that doesnt stack with my promo code.

I'm waiting for this to hit $14.99. I'm sure the game is full featured, but I have a feeling if theres a third Dead Rising, it'll just let you play as both Chuck and Frank. If games Mega Man X games back in the day could let you have different play styles for X and Zero, I don't see why games like this couldn't include both.

[quote name='msdmoney']Does this version make getting Dead Rising 2 (original) completely unnecessary? Or are they two separate stories?[/QUOTE]

Separate stories - same setting.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']capcom rehash: dead rising 2.1 could have been dr2 dlc from my understanding.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty much the same scenario as MvC3 compared to UMvC3.

However, for people that don't have either, the addition of check-points, shorting loading times, and a sandbox mode for level grinding make this the version to get.

There's still time limits in this one. Still have to get zombrex.

Basically, one new zone, a boss or two cut, a new boss, a replacement boss, checkpoints, rejiggering.

Story is different but still the same. The pieces have been shaken up and the train bike chase is gone but it's still almost identical to DR2. Different cutscenes and story tone though. I prefer the original for the story reasons and I don't feel the minimal improvements help.

Sandbox mode just shows how boring the game is without the overriding objectives.

I am jarred by the story changes and the lost boss enough to feel DR2:OtR is not a straight upgrade but instead feel that what is lost makes it inferior. That said, checkpoints are great and the loss of some of the more retarded boss moves (Antoine's force feed stick waggle attack) are a plus.

Still doesn't make the bosses as good as they were in DR1 though.

And yes, apart from the fact that 90% of the changes and additions are reworked cutscenes and you never see DLC cutscenes get sophisticated, OtR could have EASILY been DLC for DR2. Speaking of DLC, cheats are paid DLC for DR2:OtR, so if you need an ideological reason to pass, there you go.

[quote name='RollingSkull']There's still time limits in this one. Still have to get zombrex.

Basically, one new zone, a boss or two cut, a new boss, a replacement boss, checkpoints, rejiggering.

Story is different but still the same. The pieces have been shaken up and the train bike chase is gone but it's still almost identical to DR2. Different cutscenes and story tone though. I prefer the original for the story reasons and I don't feel the minimal improvements help.

Sandbox mode just shows how boring the game is without the overriding objectives.

I am jarred by the story changes and the lost boss enough to feel DR2:OtR is not a straight upgrade but instead feel that what is lost makes it inferior. That said, checkpoints are great and the loss of some of the more retarded boss moves (Antoine's force feed stick waggle attack) are a plus.

Still doesn't make the bosses as good as they were in DR1 though.

And yes, apart from the fact that 90% of the changes and additions are reworked cutscenes and you never see DLC cutscenes get sophisticated, OtR could have EASILY been DLC for DR2. Speaking of DLC, cheats are paid DLC for DR2:OtR, so if you need an ideological reason to pass, there you go.[/QUOTE]

On the money with everything here. Chuck was by far the more interesting protagonist for DR2, I enjoyed the TIR Chuck parts far more.

The fact that DR2 OTR is supposedly an upgrade, they still cant fix glitches in the game like when playing Online Co-op and the host saves it STILL kicks the other player out of the game? Come on...

ill get this for 10. i got the poker chip set of dead rising 2 with high hopes for an epic game. 1 was more fun, had better music, better characters, better enemies, and more replayability.

course i got that set mainly because it had they hockey mask guy DLC and a chance to win a lifesize zombie. my wife woulda loved to wake up to that thing staring at her every morning.

I loved DR2 but I never played DR1. All I care about is the faster loading times and checkpoints and I will get this game when it gets under $20 at Amazon or BB where I have credit.

bread's done
Back