"Real Steel" Coupon Now Live!

Don't forget about the Upgrade & Save coupons at Best Buy, which saves you another $5 and will stack with this coupon. Best Buy allows for one manufacturer and one store coupon per item.

[quote name='shrike4242']Don't forget about the Upgrade & Save coupons at Best Buy, which saves you another $5 and will stack with this coupon. Best Buy allows for one manufacturer and one store coupon per item.[/QUOTE]

They won't stack, says on the BB coupon will not work with other deals, I tried last week.

[quote name='pun123']They won't stack, says on the BB coupon will not work with other deals, I tried last week.[/QUOTE]

Not always true. YMMV. I just stacked coupons this week.

The coupon's ONLY for the 3 disc version? That sucks, I was hoping to get the 2 Disc version at $22.99 - $5 upgrade - $5 mfgr coupon = $12.99 .. at $17.99, no thanks. $12.99 would've been a blind-buy price.

[quote name='Scorch']The coupon's ONLY for the 3 disc version? That sucks, I was hoping to get the 2 Disc version at $22.99 - $5 upgrade - $5 mfgr coupon = $12.99 .. at $17.99, no thanks. $12.99 would've been a blind-buy price.[/QUOTE]I agree. :cry:

[quote name='Scorch']The coupon's ONLY for the 3 disc version? That sucks, I was hoping to get the 2 Disc version at $22.99 - $5 upgrade - $5 mfgr coupon = $12.99 .. at $17.99, no thanks. $12.99 would've been a blind-buy price.[/QUOTE]

YMMV. I've used coupons for other versions with no problems.

[quote name='pun123']They won't stack, says on the BB coupon will not work with other deals, I tried last week.[/QUOTE]They will stack and if they say otherwise, get the manager on duty (MOD) to discuss the matter with them.

Best Buy doesn't lose any money on a manufacturer coupon because they get reimbursed from the manufacturer for the coupon value.

I've had the MOD at two different stores out here say that it's one store coupon and one manufacturer coupon per item. If they say you can't do it, they're wrong.

[quote name='Taco5']YMMV. I've used coupons for other versions with no problems.[/QUOTE]Wait, seriously? Even if the coupon says it only works on one specific version?

[quote name='Vigilante']Wait, seriously? Even if the coupon says it only works on one specific version?[/QUOTE]

I was able to use "Cars 2" Disney coupon on the regular 3 disc version at Best Buy even though the coupon stated it was only valid on the 4 disc 3D version.

[quote name='Vigilante']Wait, seriously? Even if the coupon says it only works on one specific version?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Target and Walmart seem to be the easiest places but I've never had trouble at Best Buy either.

[quote name='Taco5']Yes. Target and Walmart seem to be the easiest places but I've never had trouble at Best Buy either.[/QUOTE]Awesome, thanks for the response. I was contemplating whether Real Steel was worth $17.99, but for $12.99, I'll definitely bite on the BR+DVD bundle (and I won't miss the Digital Copy :razz:).

[quote name='robbrism']It's saying that the coupon is no longer available. does anyone have a scan of it they can post here?[/QUOTE]

same here :rolleyes: short span for a Disney coupon

[quote name='robbrism']It's saying that the coupon is no longer available. does anyone have a scan of it they can post here?[/QUOTE]

WOW! That didn't last long. I believe we are not allowed to post scans of coupons here.

I just literally printed off a coupon.

LOL grabbed a 2 disc version and used both coupons. Lady typed in mfg coupon info first and hit total then started reading it. I have never entered my pin so fast. As soon as she started to say..'oh that was for the three..' I tore the reciept off the printer, grabbed the flick and headed to the door! $14.xx with tax..

Wouldn't take both, but it did work on 2 Disc version instead of 3 disc so I used my BB $5 coupon on a different movie, so still saved $10.

In the interest of saving money, I'm considering holding off on buying Real Steel until I've seen it for myself (didn't see it in theaters). One review I read on Amazon said that it's basically Rocky in terms of plot structure (big surprise there :roll:) and doesn't do anything original, but it's nonetheless a fun film. I felt I got enough of a Rocky comparison with Warrior (superior to it IMO), so I'm hesitant about investing in yet another Rocky-esque movie. Is the movie really like the review says?

^LOL, I hope its not Rocky-esque..IDK, if you can get it at $15 for a blind buy, and even remotely thought about seeing it in the theatre, then its worth it. My friend said he watched it on a flight and enjoyed it, so if he did on a 6" screen, then I'm sure its ok. Plus, I always thought this was a 'kids' film by the looks of it, and I do intend to watch it with my son, but I think I'll enjoy it! :)

The coupon will not work if the coupon is entered before the transaction is totaled. Since these coupons don't scan, the cashier should ring it in the following way.

1. Scan the Blu Ray
2. Scan the Upgrade and Save Coupon
3. Total the Transaction
4. At the payment screen, they then enter the 5.00 MFC and you pay at

the way most cashiers will try it,
1. Scan the blu ray
2. Scan the U&S coupon
3. type in the 5.00 MFC
4. Total

if done this way your upgrade and save coupon is taken off the purchase. it took two managers and 15 minutes for the people at my Best Buy to figure this out. There is no manager override required.

I just wished this movie was rated "R", so one of the robots could've fallen on the boy, and saved me from his terrible overacting. Really. It's like he studiedunder William Shatner.

[quote name='token2k6']I tore the reciept off the printer, grabbed the flick and headed to the door! $14.xx with tax..[/QUOTE]

I hope you didn't do that, that's a dick move. This is the reason I love not working in retail anymore. "Customers" think they can walk all over you. If someone went to your work place and did something like that, I highly doubt you'd appreciate it.

Besides, once the transaction goes through, there's little they can do about it. They already sold it to you, what are they going to do? Force you to return it?

[quote name='tsl141']I hope you didn't do that, that's a dick move. This is the reason I love not working in retail anymore. "Customers" think they can walk all over you. If someone went to your work place and did something like that, I highly doubt you'd appreciate it.

Besides, once the transaction goes through, there's little they can do about it. They already sold it to you, what are they going to do? Force you to return it?[/QUOTE]

Totally. Chances are she was just noting it for future coupon users anyway. This happened the other day- I ended up on a till, and when I went to tell a customer their coupon was expired, I indavertenly swung the barcode into the laser and it scanned. My reaction? "Huh... expired coupons aren't suppose to scan anymore. Oh well." It's not like the transaction was complete, I could've easily taken the coupon back off and argued 'I'm the manager and this is policy'... but I'm not a dick. If corporate forgot to deactivate an expired code, that's their problem.

bread's done
Back