NYC - CAG Members + NYC Deal Spots

M

Megazell

Hey,

While I don't buy video games but I run into a lot of really low PC game deals around NYC.

My personal stomping grounds is The Bronx.

Amazing Savings - 5545 Broadway, Bronx, NY 10463

In the back of aisle 1 to 3 they have a small PC section that contains:

Titan Quest + Titan Quest: Immortal Throne Expansion for $2.99
Supreme Commander + Supreme Commander Expansion for $2.99
F.E.A.R and F.E.AR Extraction Point Expansion for $2.99

^ A cousin of mine picked this up so here's what he has to say. "Some of the sets have been split in 1/2 so you need to find the ones that come already bundled because the staff don't know nothing and will charge you 2x."

Call Of Duty 2 for $1.99

They also have a mess of a bin that has a whole bunch of older PC games like SIN, Disciples and other stuff for 99 cents but it's in there with a heap load of toys and stuff.

Feel free to add any deals to any video game related items if you like.

Thanks for sharing dude... that could be useful for some here.

I wish this thread was more active for the NYC folks because there are quite a number of us.

It would be pretty cool to have one of those CAG meets to finally meet some of you guys and grab a few drinks.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Thanks for sharing dude... that could be useful for some here.

I wish this thread was more active for the NYC folks because there are quite a number of us.

It would be pretty cool to have one of those CAG meets to finally meet some of you guys and grab a few drinks.[/QUOTE]

Cool.

There are few places that have some other good deals.

86th and 3rd Avenue - 99 Cents Store:

No One Lives Forever
Shogun
Company Of Heroes
Men Of War
Law And Order

$1.19

I don't really shop around in the city since stores are usually in the know about their products thus no good deals.

But regarding potential CAG meet ups, I'm thinking of going to the Nintendo store on the 23rd for the release of Kid Icarus.

You can find me at all of the NYU gaming meets and Indie speaks.

[quote name='Shimrra']What NYU meets?[/QUOTE]

NYU's schedule flaky but it's usually the 1st Saturday of the month.

When I get home I will post up my LAN and contact info per each venue.

[quote name='karyadi']Any one have a guide for upgrading a PC cost-effective in NY?[/QUOTE]

Here is what I do.

I look for all of the computer shows in my area. Village Voice and other free papers cover them.

99% of them are held in colleges.

For the Bronx - Lehman College is the biggest.

As a first timer, it will be hard to see the bargains until you learn the dealers. Some of them are 1 timers. They are going to sell this one time and you will never see them again. Others are dealers that have stores. You can trust these guys a little more. The rest are distributors from local warehouses and they are going to be selling you last years tech for dirt.

Explore the floor a lot. Bring a pad and paper (or your phone/device) and write down the items you saw that you wanted and the price. When you hit all of the tables then you begin to go back to the lowest prices spots and haggle/pull trigger.

It would help if you had a machine on hand to test parts, if you don't get their card. Call their numbers on the card before you BUY. Make sure it's legit.

It's rare that you get junk parts but you never know.

THE OTHER THING - Is to pay attention to store close outs and liquidating sales. This is where I get the bulk of my tech for dirt...shit sometimes for free.

You have to be in the know. To be in the know if you have to read the newspapers and/or read the bulletin boards in your local community center/colleges/post boards/libraries. NYC has a ton.

Last edited:
City College LAN are

Every other Sunday from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM - Free

Tournaments:

MOBA:
League of Legends

Deathmatch:
Quake Live

RTS:
StarCraft II

bread's done
Back