Assassin's Creed Revelations $29.99 at Amazon

I'm going to guess a permanent price drop is in it's future. But none-the-less great deal. I need to get through Brotherhood still, but I've learned my lessons with AC games. See you at the inevitable $20 sale.

I'm glad I locked in the TIV for $30 before the price drop..

I love this series but for some reason I found myself not wanting to grind out the complete experience with this game.. I really enjoyed brotherhood but this came off as a pretty shallow experience compared with that game..

This price is good and if you played the rest you still need to play this one..

Last edited by a moderator:
you can still lock it in for $30.50 for the Xbox 360 version

go go go go

good price, i loved this and on PS3 got the first one :D

I had $10 in promotional certificates and $30 in gift cards so ordered it and locked in a trade to convert the certificate into actual credit so I can use it on anything. Thanks for the post.

Game is two months old, this is a sale, even MW3 was $40 after it came out somewhere if I recall correctly. It being this low doesn't mean much IMO. I do admit ubisoft games do drop fast, but there is no need for any chicken littles.

Any other opinions on the price?

I just recently started the AC series and beat the first two now. Im going to start Brotherhood soon and then obviously would want to move to Revelations. Any ideas about how long this price will stick, if it is just a temporary sale or if its permanent and either way if you think that it will go down further in the next month or so?

Too bad Best Buy wont price match it, and let us use the magazine coupon with it. I already own the game, but would've jumped on a second copy for a buddy of mine, if Best Buy price matched.

[quote name='scott_matthews']I was at my local Game Stop last night and they also had it new for $29.99. Looks like a price drop.[/QUOTE]

Technically, I believe they are calling it a price match to Gamestop. But $39.99 is in its future as the new MSRP.

That's a good price for this. I ended up getting it for $40 with the Wal Mart pricing glitch at launch (and I wanted the free PS3 copy of the first game anyway).

Sad thing is I own all the Assassin's Creed games because I spent a combine total of under $60 for all of it, but I haven't played one yet. Hopefully I will after Mass Effect 3.

But why is Brotherhood still $35 on Amazon? I've played 1 and 2, but have been waiting for Brotherhood to reach $20. Maybe I've just been missing the sales...

You missed out. Best buy did a $9.99 on brotherhood about a month ago. With 1 on ac:r and it price mistaked at Walmart on release, I picked them all up for about $60.

[quote name='buddynayr']But why is Brotherhood still $35 on Amazon? I've played 1 and 2, but have been waiting for Brotherhood to reach $20. Maybe I've just been missing the sales...[/QUOTE]
Yep you have been missing the sales, could have picked up for $9.99 on Bestbuy in November, it will probably become a greatest hits version soon though, so look for a more universal price drop then.

I'm waiting for the game to hit $20 too. Too much on my backlog anyways. Still working through all the Riddler stuff in Batman AC and got quite a number other games on X360 and PC during holidays. Heck I'm not even sure I'll bother to preorder ME3.

I guess I should have been more specific: I'm looking for the 360 version; the Best Buy AC:B sale was only for the PS3 version I believe.

[quote name='theking20']you can still lock it in for $30.50 for the Xbox 360 version

go go go go

good price, i loved this and on PS3 got the first one :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks, just locked this in & NBA2k12 for a total of $49.50, exactly what I paid for them together. My backlog is big so by the time I rebuy them I'll get them for like $20 together:D

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Game is two months old, this is a sale, even MW3 was $40 after it came out somewhere if I recall correctly. It being this low doesn't mean much IMO. I do admit ubisoft games do drop fast, but there is no need for any chicken littles.[/QUOTE]

This game was $40 the week it came out already lol...

And other games are $48 before they even come out. The price of a game means nothing in terms of quality or sales.

Great games can cost $10 while crappy games can cost $60, it all depends on the demand of the market. If the games sell extremely well but then sales die off they will lower the price of a game to increase sales. There are some exceptions to the rules, but they are very few and far between. Either those games are somewhat hard to find and slip through the cracks because they lack mass appeal. But if sales stay steady at $60 then the price remains. People who buy video games fall into two categories: those who buy it ASAP or those who wait for a price drop. It's better to sell 10 copies at $40 then 5 copies at $60.

This one was destined for my $15-$20 range from the day it was announced.

AC 1 - Paid $50
AC 2 - Paid $35
AC:B - Paid $25

This is not to say I don't love the series, simply that history with AC anbd Ubisoft in general has taught me to wait 2-3 months for first drop and 6-12 months and their titles always drop to $15-$20 range.

[quote name='blitztwn36']I'm going to guess a permanent price drop is in it's future. But none-the-less great deal. I need to get through Brotherhood still, but I've learned my lessons with AC games. See you at the inevitable $20 sale.[/QUOTE]

Same here! $19.99 and not a penny more. I learned that the hard way buying both Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. They both collected dust before I even played either, and by then they were both $19.99 (paid $40 or more for both). Only reason I didn't buy Revelations.

[quote name='ck76']This one was destined for my $15-$20 range from the day it was announced.

AC 1 - Paid $50
AC 2 - Paid $35
AC:B - Paid $25

This is not to say I don't love the series, simply that history with AC anbd Ubisoft in general has taught me to wait 2-3 months for first drop and 6-12 months and their titles always drop to $15-$20 range.[/QUOTE]

ouch $50 for AC 1, sorry man:)

[quote name='hwmusic']ouch $50 for AC 1, sorry man:)[/QUOTE]

I, too, bought the first AC at the 'ouch' price. It was back when it first came out and it was one of the best games on PS3 at the time.

But then the flag collecting.... it.... never.... stopped....

I bought the first AC at launch on 360 for $60. I did really enjoy it, but this was long before I was a CAG and I was naive. At this point I cant think of any game id spend $60 out of pocket for now. I did just puck up AC 2 again though so I wil be lookin for more sales on Brotherhood and eventually this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brotherhood is $20 on Amazon right now. Looks like I'm finally getting my copy!

Also, I definitely collected all the flags in AC1. What a foolish decision.

If anyone misses this deal PM me and I have sealed copies for sell @ $28.50, so feel free to hit me up.

I have a limited amount in stock so jump on it soon if you want s copy. :)

Game is down to $30 again. Debating whether to buy now, or wait to see if it hits $20 by summer. I definitely want to play it before AC3.

Figured they were going to match the best buy drop today. Glad too because I had some amazon credit. Just finished brotherhood so I bought it.

[quote name='Br4inDead']Figured they were going to match the best buy drop today. Glad too because I had some amazon credit. Just finished brotherhood so I bought it.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that's why the price went down again. Decided to bite the bullet and used some cashback points on my Discover card.

Is this worth it at 30? I've beaten all of the previous ones but just wondering if this will go down more soon or not. Heard it was more of a grind than anything else.

[quote name='SativaSam']Is this worth it at 30? I've beaten all of the previous ones but just wondering if this will go down more soon or not. Heard it was more of a grind than anything else.[/QUOTE]

i bought it for 30 and played through it and i feel i got my money's worth. it definitely is more of the same. the new stuff they added is really kinda of useless and tedious (bomb-making and tower defense). but from a narrative standpoint, it really does close out the ezio and altair plotline and there are some fuck ing phenomenal moments in there for long time fans.

bread's done
Back