DEAL IS DEAD Twisted Metal (Playstation3) $47.99 Preorder @ Newegg

I read somewhere that this is still playing like a 'downloadable game' and that it should not be a $60 title.

I will pick it up when it hits ~$30.

Managed to grab this at this price the first time around. Thanks for the up, though. I'm a huge TM fan, so I hope this will be great.

[quote name='InvaderZim']I read somewhere that this is still playing like a 'downloadable game' and that it should not be a $60 title.

.[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere that the above is a dumb post.

[quote name='InvaderZim']I read somewhere that this is still playing like a 'downloadable game' and that it should not be a $60 title.

I will pick it up when it hits ~$30.[/QUOTE]
Have you really not heard about Twisted Metal before?

The trailer on newegg states you get Axel. The trailers I've seen on this game have been impressive. Looks like a ton of fun and you get Twisted Metal Black as a bonus. I may have to get in on this deal.

Dang

Is Newegg going to be doing this with every new game pre-order (eventually), by dropping it to $48 for a limited time?

If so, I might just get all my Day 1 games for there.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Does shop runner do anything else for this?[/QUOTE]

Nope, I don't think shoprunner is valid for preorders. I also noticed shoprunner doesn't always use 2-day shipping btw. My last 2 orders via shoprunner were shipped by UPS ground lol. I guess they think it'll still get their in 2 days with ground, so they use the cheaper shipping option.. but in my experience it doesn't work out like that. Same with newegg's 3 day shipping, they use UPS ground for that which sometimes takes longer than 3 days.

Shop Runner may not be that useful on this item anyway, considering they don't always use 2 day shipping and you already get a free shipping option without it.

[quote name='Necrozilla']Have you really not heard about Twisted Metal before?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but the person was stating that the game plays like a McDonalds value meal and not a full price title.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Yes, but the person was stating that the game plays like a McDonalds value meal and not a full price title.[/QUOTE]

You should probably believe him and not buy it.

I'm still torn on this, I do want the game but prefer to buy it under $30, but I do not wanna miss TM: Black. How long you think the free voucher code will last?

[quote name='diplo']I'm still torn on this, I do want the game but prefer to buy it under $30, but I do not wanna miss TM: Black. How long you think the free voucher code will last?[/QUOTE]

The first run of the games.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Yes, but the person was stating that the game plays like a McDonalds value meal and not a full price title.[/QUOTE]

People say a lot of exaggerated things on the internet these days, and it's been happening a lot in this community lately as well.

Anyway, it's looking like too make people are going to avoid it, especially now that the online pass was forced despite the creator's wishes. $30 in a few months isn't an unrealistic expectation.

Nice! I meant to pre-order this a few weeks back but I forgot. Glad it came back. Not sure I'll be able to put much time into it because of the Vita coming out a week later, but I wanted to get it for TM:B.

I'll eventually get this game, but I too will probably wait for the $30 or under price tag like others have mentioned. I've got a backlog to keep the PS3 warm in the meantime...

I wouldn't expect this to be under 30 for quite a while. This isn't an UBIsoft game we're dealing with here. I'm really surprised people are jumping on first-gen release of a $300 dollar hand-held system. Vita doesn't even have any internal memory and a 32Gb card is freakishly priced at 100 bucks..WOW! So 400 bucks for a hand-held and you still have no games to play on it....unreal. Throw in a couple of games and you are around the $500 mark. I guess you could go cheap and get the $250 system......what a bargain. lol

How do these preorders work? Do they put a hold on your debit card for the amount or only take the money out when the game is released?

[quote name='WV Matsui']How do these preorders work? Do they put a hold on your debit card for the amount or only take the money out when the game is released?[/QUOTE]

I've pre-ordered a few things from Newegg and they only take the money once the item releases. The only bad thing is that they don't seem to take PayPal for pre-orders, which isn't a major thing, but I prefer to use PayPal instead of a credit card as much as possible.

[quote name='omyard']I've pre-ordered a few things from Newegg and they only take the money once the item releases. The only bad thing is that they don't seem to take PayPal for pre-orders, which isn't a major thing, but I prefer to use PayPal instead of a credit card as much as possible.[/QUOTE]

This is why you get yourself a Paypal debit card. They are free and it's a Mastercard, so you can use it about everywhere. As a matter of fact I used my Paypal debit card earlier today to pre-order Twisted Metal from newegg.

In my opinion, I think the TM:B voucher can still be available when it goes on sale. But the thing is, the store that has to have it when it goes on sale. I wonder if I do miss it, how much will TM:B be in the PS store.

I expect it to drop in price quick, and honestly, who's going to play Black if the new one is shaping up to be the best in the series. Eh...

[quote name='diplo']In my opinion, I think the TM:B voucher can still be available when it goes on sale. But the thing is, the store that has to have it when it goes on sale. I wonder if I do miss it, how much will TM:B be in the PS store.[/QUOTE]

most likely $20

[quote name='b3b0p']Can't you pick up Black for like pennies by now?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it sells a little better than that. I'll probably try selling my code for $5 or so to recoup some cash.

Has anyone played Black lately? I remember it being ok back in the day but I played it last year for about 10 minutes and just thought "wow this is fucking terrible".

I would just like to know if this would come with Axel or not. Thats pretty much the only thing that has me from pulling the trigger. I'm not huge on DLC but I love Twisted Metal and would really want the Axel DLC. Does anyone know if it comes with it or not?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Has anyone played Black lately? I remember it being ok back in the day but I played it last year for about 10 minutes and just thought "wow this is fucking terrible".[/QUOTE]

Awesome :roll:

To this day TMB was epic and all the reviews when it was released back that up.

I just read 2 hands on articles with the game and nothing in them indicates it will be a bad game. The only thing I read where some might think this will be a turd is Jaffe saying he wants to tighten the game up a little more so that's why he delayed the Oct. 2011 release to Feb. 2012

[quote name='GoreObsessed']I would just like to know if this would come with Axel or not. Thats pretty much the only thing that has me from pulling the trigger. I'm not huge on DLC but I love Twisted Metal and would really want the Axel DLC. Does anyone know if it comes with it or not?[/QUOTE]

this

i have seen pics of sweet tooth using Axels wheels and i wonder if they took him out of the game 0_o be a shame too, axel was the best character B^)

Haven't heard anything about if Black will have trophies or not. I'm still on the fence with this and like others, I have a feeling this is going to drop hard.

Surprised to see all the lukewarm to negative reception of this. I'm seriously looking forward this and consider it a huge ps3 exclusive. Of course being cheap ass gamers, I'll probably only pick it up near release for trade in credit but I won't wait too long so the online community stays strong.

yeah i don't understand the negativity either... game looks like a lot of fun, and it's $12 under MSRP on release day with no tax AND you get TM Black for free. sell it on ebay in a month for $40 and you basically paid $8 for TMB & a month of a game that has a chance to be great. what more could you realistically want?

bread's done
Back