The Last Story (Collector's Edition) £37.99+£4.50 international shipping @ HMV.co.uk

[quote name='Kaiser499']Anyone know what's going to be in it?[/QUOTE]

Last_Story_Limited_Edition__Small.JPG.jpg

I think I'm going to bite. I ordered Xenoblade Chronicles from GAME and it came within about 10 business days. But, they were hacked recently and I don't think I want to order from them right now.

[quote name='prateeko']Out of curiosity where is the Xenoblade CE still available?[/QUOTE]

Wait for it to be released in the US in April.

[quote name='prateeko']Out of curiosity where is the Xenoblade CE still available?[/QUOTE]

eBay. It was a GAME exclusive and I think they only did a first-print run on the CE.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Wait for it to be released in the US in April.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, there's no CE for the US, just the standard edition. But I'm still so damn happy they finally brought it to the US. I'm still going to preorder the Last Story CE though, both so I can play it and in hopes that strong sales will encourage NoA to bring over Last Story as well.

Gotcha, thanks. I'm definitely in for one. Heck, you couldn't get a CE of a game - especially an RPG - released in the US for that price at release. Plus I kinda doubt they ever bring this one over. Even tho I'm personally double-dipping & picking up a US copy of Xenoblade, I doubt many are.

[quote name='OtakuFerret']eBay. It was a GAME exclusive and I think they only did a first-print run on the CE.

Unfortunately, there's no CE for the US, just the standard edition. But I'm still so damn happy they finally brought it to the US. I'm still going to preorder the Last Story CE though, both so I can play it and in hopes that strong sales will encourage NoA to bring over Last Story as well.[/QUOTE]

The CE for Xenoblade wasn't anything special, just a red controller.

Preordered. I will also buy the standard ed. if/when it gets released here. I'm really only buying this for the steelbook haha.

$66 for a collectors edition of a game that may not be released in North America is very tempting. Even if it does get localized we probably won't get this collectors edition, and I love steel cases. Hmmm.. do I wait and hope for a localization, or should I bite and jump in on this? Damnit I did write those Op Rainfall letters to Nintendo so I think I'm going to wait, and if nothing happens by the end of the year I'll import.

I wound up ordering it - this really doesn't seem like the kind of thing NoA would bother bringing here. If anything, we'll probably just get the standard edition.

[quote name='Nintendonly']
Last_Story_Limited_Edition__Small.JPG.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh snap! Definitely in! Not only do I get to show NoE love, but they're basically giving us an awesome package for roughly $15 more than the standard $50 MSRP in the states.

[quote name='mike.m']I think I'm going to bite. I ordered Xenoblade Chronicles from GAME and it came within about 10 business days. But, they were hacked recently and I don't think I want to order from them right now.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I know what you mean. Their site was down nearly all the time. After 3-4 weeks, I tried to email them to cancel but had no luck. But then I saw a charge on my card was made by them the previous week and a few days later, I got the game.

Does anyone know how HMV packages things? Do they just put it in a mailer or in an actual box? I bought the Xenoblade CE from Game and it was packaged very well in a box.

i think im going to wait. noa has stated they will release this game and i dont want to remod my wii again. i bit on xenoblade and just recently sold it before most heard about the us release so going to wait.

[quote name='gauu']noa has stated they will release this game[/QUOTE]

No they did not.

And don't count on this one eventually being localized like Xenoblade. Xenoblade getting localized was a fluke. 8 months after the European release with a very limited shipment is not a standard release.

I'm sorry since this is always asked in these threads, but when does HMV charge your card? I know Zavvi waits till it ships, so I'm hoping this is the same before I order.

EDIT: Finally found the answer, and it looks like they don't charge you until the item is dispatched for anyone else who was wondering the same thing.

dvd.co.uk also has both regular and LE versions. Their pricing on the LE is more expensive but I know they're reliable since I got Xenoblade through them last time. Their regular edition comes out much cheaper though. Putting items into your cart and checking out will show you that the end price is actually cheaper than whatever it says and it comes to about $42 shipped total.

[quote name='gauu']i think im going to wait. noa has stated they will release this game and i dont want to remod my wii again. i bit on xenoblade and just recently sold it before most heard about the us release so going to wait.[/QUOTE]

They just filed for the trademark, they never or did anything beyond that. Companies file for trademarks all the time, it doesn't mean anything will come out of it.

And as Nintendonly said, NoA is releasing Xenoblade in a very limited manner. Being exclusive to only GS and NoA's online store are two small fragments of the new game market. I mean, new games only make up such a small fraction of GS's business and I doubt very many people shop at NoA's online store (or even know if and when they sell games). A vast majority of consumers that shop at Amazon, Best Buy, WalMart, Target, etc. aren't even going to see the game.

[quote name='Eggman']dvd.co.uk also has both regular and LE versions. Their pricing on the LE is more expensive but I know they're reliable since I got Xenoblade through them last time. Their regular edition comes out much cheaper though. Putting items into your cart and checking out will show you that the end price is actually cheaper than whatever it says and it comes to about $42 shipped total.[/QUOTE]

They used to be a lot better with their prices... now their prices are usually higher than most other retailers. HMV is a reliable retailer though so I don't see the problem with getting it from them.

Thanks OP! I switched my preorder of Last Story from Zavvi to HMV (having the LE for an extra $15 is a no brainer...)

I would recommend HMV without any hesitation. I ordered White Knight Chronicles: Origins for PSP last year from them & my order came quicker and better packaged than anything that I've ordered from Zavvi/The Hut. They are usually a little more pricer than the other UK retailers that ship overseas, but I will take my discount from whoever I can get it from ;)

Does anyone have any recommendations for websites that use Paypal (and that offer The Last Story Collector's Edition PAL)?

[quote name='jedimario']Does anyone have any recommendations for websites that use Paypal (and that offer The Last Story Collector's Edition PAL)?[/QUOTE]I echo this question; if possible, I'd rather pay using Paypal.

Hmm...I'm still unsure if this would be worth getting (and based on all of the posts, I'm likely alone in being hesitant), since I don't have a modded Wii, I've never ordered a game from a UK site, and I'm holding out hope that Nintendo will snap out of their ignorance and bring this overseas (though, admittedly, a US release would be CE-less). Add to that that I have the Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 LE preordered (releasing 2/28) and that I'm trying to save money on games, and I've got a decision to make...

Last edited by a moderator:
YOu literally just download a channel to "mod" the system, if it can even be called that. Also, if you're worried about it not arriving, all of these website will refund you if it doesn't show up within a month.

[quote name='jedimario']Thanks, so which site offers better shipping containers? Zavvi or HMW?[/QUOTE]

I've purchased many CEs from Zavvi and all but one of them came in a bubble mailer. Most of them arrived in fairly good condition. You have to consider that due to costs, most people don't ship very heavy packages from the UK to the US. Ironically, the one that wasn't packed in a bubble mailer was the most damaged. It was packed using one of those cardboard wraparounds that Amazon uses (but of much inferior quality) and Customs did a number of the item and damaged it to hell.

OK, I'm leaning towards preordering, but I have one more question: Is it easy to cancel a preorder from this site if I was to change my mind (obviously I'm not saying that's definitely what I'll do, but I'd like to know just in case)?

[quote name='Zaku77']YOu literally just download a channel to "mod" the system, if it can even be called that. Also, if you're worried about it not arriving, all of these website will refund you if it doesn't show up within a month.[/QUOTE]

I've ordered at least 10 games from The Hut (Zavvi) and my copy of Xenoblade got lost in the mail. Emailed them and they sent me a new copy no questions asked, pretty good. I haven't ordered from HMV before, but may for this.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Xenoblade getting localized was a fluke. 8 months after the European release with a very limited shipment is not a standard release.[/QUOTE]

Any idea if the U.S. release of Xeno will use the same localization text as the U.K.? I already bought the U.K. version. Sorry NoA, but you waited too long.

[quote name='Nintendonly']No they did not.

And don't count on this one eventually being localized like Xenoblade. Xenoblade getting localized was a fluke. 8 months after the European release with a very limited shipment is not a standard release.[/QUOTE]

It's a Gamestop exclusive, so it's more limited than other Wii releases, but Gamestop isn't some tiny vendor, they are one of the largest retailers in the world and the largest gaming retailer. I would be surprised if Last Story doesn't get picked up for release here given that it will have an English localization ready to go with this European release.

Thanks OP, I'm in for one. This will be my first Wii import, so I'll have to check out that modding channel download. Thanks for the info there guys.

I pulled the trigger. I could actually place an order too unlike with the other sites that had it more expensive on top of it.

Imo, the success of Xenoblade in America will determine whether or not Nintendo brings the other two over to the States.

bread's done
Back