Driver San Francisco $29.99 @ Amazon 360/PS3

It was $19.99 at both GS and amazon for Black Friday, but that was a 1 day sale. This isn't the lowest price it has been, but it is also easier to get now due to no frenzy.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Wasn't this $19.99 already ? That's how much I picked mine up for at GameStop a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

Black Friday at Amazon and Best Buy.

Decent dea.

[quote name='HornyPony']Black Friday at Amazon and Best Buy.

Decent dea.[/QUOTE]

Close, BB didn't have it for $20, GS did.

There was a coupon for BB @gamer, can't remember if it took it down to $20 or $30..but any deal for this game is great! I still go to this game when I can't decide what else to play. So much to do in the game, plus great for short bursts if u have limited time. My favorite racing game of all time? Hard to say, but definitely my favorite within the past 3 years..

Interesting how, for an Ubisoft game, this is one of the slowest games to go down in price. It hit its low on Black Friday, but has never really whored itself out like the Assassins Creed & Prince of Persia series have in the past.

If anyone has any interest in open-world arcade-style driving games, I really recommend this game, especially if it hits $20. The graphics aren't the best, but shifting from one car to another is a fun concept that works great. Your avatar can't open the door to get out of his car, but you can choose any car/truck/bus on the San Francisco map, which still gives you all the freedom of an open world game.

And I hate to say this, but I actually had more fun playing Driver:SF than Need for Speed: The Run as my favorite arcade-style racer in 2011. (am I the minority here?) Tons of challenges and "Dares" get unlocked en masse when you play, and there's even a New Game+ option for more unlockables. As for The Run...amazing graphics, great story concept, but poor gameplay design choices and arbitrary resets that get really tiresome after awhile.

i tried the demo and didnt care much for it. i had it locked in my cart for black friday on amazon but never bit. i shoulda, since they were going for over30 on ebay recently

Isn't 29.99 the MSRP now? 29.99 is the regular price at Best Buy. I know I saw this for 19.99 at more than one retailer. Gamestop had it for 19.99 for quite a while.

[quote name='hypertails02']Interesting how, for an Ubisoft game, this is one of the slowest games to go down in price. It hit its low on Black Friday, but has never really whored itself out like the Assassins Creed & Prince of Persia series have in the past.
[/QUOTE]

It dropped to $25 at Target in early November as just a price reduction (not a sale) and stayed at that price for ages. (much like Rayman Origins has dropped at TRU now). At the time it was a two-month old game. I think that qualifies as "whoring out". But I agree, it's a pretty good game.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']i tried the demo and didnt care much for it. i had it locked in my cart for black friday on amazon but never bit. i shoulda, since they were going for over30 on ebay recently[/QUOTE]

I remember not really caring for the demo either, but for some reason the full game was much more enjoyable as a rental. It was probably just the freedom in choosing to do challenges and progress at my own pace instead of strictly gated story missions with cheesy dialogue.

FYI : For those interested in potentially grabbing a used copy : It says you need a new U Passport code or that you must buy one to play online, but they screwed up the printing of the codes (at least for the Xbox 360 version), so that if you got it used (or new for that matter), you just select "Buy Passport" and it's a free download.

Great game, loved it. Single player was a blast even though I wasn't crazy about multi. Regardless, paid full price for it and I thought it was totally worth it. Too bad they didn't support the game more with DLC, would of been great.

[quote name='Decker']FYI : For those interested in potentially grabbing a used copy : It says you need a new U Passport code or that you must buy one to play online, but they screwed up the printing of the codes (at least for the Xbox 360 version), so that if you got it used (or new for that matter), you just select "Buy Passport" and it's a free download.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was wondering why that was free. I have the game now through Gamefly and was pleasantly surprised to see the online pass for no charge.

I'm waiting until this hits $10 or less. I really enjoyed my free rental with this game. If my free rental pops up before that price, then I'll use that and finish it free of charge.

[quote name='hypertails02']Interesting how, for an Ubisoft game, this is one of the slowest games to go down in price. It hit its low on Black Friday, but has never really whored itself out like the Assassins Creed & Prince of Persia series have in the past.

If anyone has any interest in open-world arcade-style driving games, I really recommend this game, especially if it hits $20. The graphics aren't the best, but shifting from one car to another is a fun concept that works great. Your avatar can't open the door to get out of his car, but you can choose any car/truck/bus on the San Francisco map, which still gives you all the freedom of an open world game.

And I hate to say this, but I actually had more fun playing Driver:SF than Need for Speed: The Run as my favorite arcade-style racer in 2011. (am I the minority here?) Tons of challenges and "Dares" get unlocked en masse when you play, and there's even a New Game+ option for more unlockables. As for The Run...amazing graphics, great story concept, but poor gameplay design choices and arbitrary resets that get really tiresome after awhile.[/QUOTE]

I am with you 100%, i love this game. So much fun

I liked the game when I started playing it(after PMing Gamestop's price on BF at WalMart), but once I put it in the backlog it stayed there.

I was kinda hoping they would've gone the Driver 2 route, where you could get out of the car, since I hate the whole switching cars via aura thing.

It's just a weird, weird game and while I did find myself playing the mode where you have to apprehend criminals I didn't find much else really compelling me to keep playing it.

[quote name='token2k6']There was a coupon for BB @gamer, can't remember if it took it down to $20 or $30..but any deal for this game is great! I still go to this game when I can't decide what else to play. So much to do in the game, plus great for short bursts if u have limited time. My favorite racing game of all time? Hard to say, but definitely my favorite within the past 3 years..[/QUOTE]Pretty sure $30 was the lowest price since the coupon was only for $10 off
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302080

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Isn't 29.99 the MSRP now? 29.99 is the regular price at Best Buy. I know I saw this for 19.99 at more than one retailer. Gamestop had it for 19.99 for quite a while.[/QUOTE]I think BB is ahead of the curve with $30 but if there's a good used game deal/coupon that can knock the $25 used down to $15 or less even better.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

bread's done
Back