Amazon: DS 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors for $19.99

After finishing all 6 endings, I was a little disappointed in how it closes out...seems like way too many unanswered questions considering how much information comes at you. Worth it, though. The true ending tacked on hours of new stuff for me.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']After finishing all 6 endings, I was a little disappointed in how it closes out...seems like way too many unanswered questions considering how much information comes at you. Worth it, though. The true ending tacked on hours of new stuff for me.[/QUOTE]

They did a Q and A with the writer that answers a lot of questions. Think it was on the main website, I'm sure a quick google will find it.

Also,

BEST GAME

Edit: Here is that Q&A.

For those of you on the fence about this game, don't be. It's wonderful and worth the time. Whether or not you wanna spend 19.99 is up to you though -- price hasn't dipped much lower, but it has been apart of B2G1 and B1G1 50% off before.

Would recommend this to anyone who has a DS.
Game is a total mindfuck.
Plus, the sequel is coming out soon, so no better time to buy it.

[quote name='redmangoose']Would recommend this to anyone who has a DS.
Game is a total mindfuck.
Plus, the sequel is coming out soon, so no better time to buy it.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it'll be localized anytime soon though. It'll probably come to the US but I'd imagine it'd take at least a year..

[quote name='sunghost']I doubt it'll be localized anytime soon though. It'll probably come to the US but I'd imagine it'd take at least a year..[/QUOTE]

Hey, works for me. I'm waiting for the 3DS Lite, or whatever next version has the 2nd thumb pad included. Not sure if want Vita yet.

Anyway, definitely buy this if you haven't yet, CAG. 20 dollars is a wonderful price for this.

Get it now before it pulls a Radiant Historia! ... I have only completed it once and was quite numb to the ending I got. I need to push through to see the others.

I highly recommend this game! I will buy a Vita or 3DS depending on whatever hand-held gets the sequel to 999. I can wait a full year for the sequel.

Especially recommend 999, if you're like me and enjoyed Hotel Dusk.

Off topic: Just picked up Last Window, paid more than I'd like, but that's what I get for waiting.

Been waiting for this one to become available at a good price. Ordered a copy for myself as an early birthday present. Thank you, OP.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Went out of print[/QUOTE]

*went out of print and jumped sky high on the used market. $50+ for cart only. :drool:

[quote name='sunghost']I doubt it'll be localized anytime soon though. It'll probably come to the US but I'd imagine it'd take at least a year..[/QUOTE]

The first game took about a year, but it did much better than they expected over here. I think the sequel will come out in a little less time.

But, they can take all the time they want, as long as it gets a great localization.

Ya, this is probably one of the best games on the DS's massive library.

Still, you need to be ok with reading a lot of text going into the game since it's a visual novel first and a puzzle game second.

Please note that the price of 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors has decreased from $24.08 to $19.99 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

For those who missed out when it was DotD. Price could change at any time.

[quote name='Luxuria']Buy. This. Game.[/QUOTE]

This. and then you can get ready for Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward coming for 3DS and Vita in fall. :D

Noticed the price drop in my shopping cart. I missed out on it last time, but I managed to snag a copy this time.

[quote name='Slade']Ya, this is probably one of the best games on the DS's massive library.

Still, you need to be ok with reading a lot of text going into the game since it's a visual novel first and a puzzle game second.[/QUOTE]

Normally, I hate the walls of text, but the story was SO good I didn't mind. The multiple endings, the weaving story - it all fit so well.

I feel so lucky to stumble on it and REALLY liked it. It was one of the few games that made me stop playing Layton on the DS.

I think it's coming out this year actually. It's available for preorder on Amazon for Vita and 3DS and has a release date of Oct 24th according to Amazon. Not sure if that date is right but it's there. It's called Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

[quote name='Namerson']Isn't Radiant Historia getting a re-print?[/QUOTE]

It is, and it looks like 999 will too, under the new title Zero Escape: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.

[quote name='mkelehan']It is, and it looks like 999 will too, under the new title Zero Escape: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but Zero Escape is the sequel to it, not a reprint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait,
9*9*9 = 729
price = 19.99

Then,
729/19.99 = 36.46
36.46 =>36.5

Now,
9*3 = 27

So,
36.5 - 27 = 9.5

Therefore
Helliknow it ended up in 9

[quote name='redmangoose']Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but Zero Escape:999 is the sequel to it, not a reprint.[/QUOTE]

Actually it is not.

The game's name is basically called... "999: Nine Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors." I say basically because the name can be written in a few different ways.

The sequel was called: "Extreme Escape: Good People Die," but will be renamed for at least the North American region as "Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward."

I'd buy a reprint of 999 with an alternate title as "Zero Escape: 999." Just to keep sealed, if it is just a title change.

I will never, ever understand why people keep thinking this was a good story. It had some good bits here and there but the true ending was so utterly retarded that it pissed away everything I liked about it.

Ghost Trick kicks the everloving crap out of this.

That said, not a total waste of time. Spins a decent enough yarn when it doesn't go crazy at the end.

I thought the ending was great, sure.. I've heard of a few people not liking how it ends, but there are probably more that like it than those that don't.

Great game, one of the best experiences on the DS. It would be in my top 3 along with Hotel Dusk and Elite Beat Agents.

I thought the ending was great, completely not what I was expecting. Only complaint was that it didn't tie everything together quite as nicely as I was hoping it would but hopefully part of that was because they were planning on there being a sequel and it'll get tied together through the sequel.

Phoenix Wright, 999 and Ghost Trick is my trifecta of DS awesome. (we'll count all the AA games :p)

Anyway, yeah great buy for 20. the atmosphere is killer. (har har)

[quote name='RollingSkull']Spins a decent enough yarn when it doesn't go crazy at the end.[/QUOTE]

Same can be said for Ghost Trick.

[quote name='redmangoose']Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but Zero Escape is the sequel to it, not a reprint.[/QUOTE]

I'm not being sarcastic. Zero Escape is now the name of the series. The sequel is Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, and a rerelease of this game will be called Zero Escape: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Waiting for it to hit ... $9.99[/QUOTE]

I see what you did there ...

Seriously though, it's a good game if you don't mind reading. It's more of a choose your own adventure than a game, but entertaining enough.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Waiting for it to hit ... $9.99[/QUOTE]
It'll go OOP long before it comes close.

124k5mf.jpg

With Virtue's Last Reward coming out soon, I thought people might be interested in this game due to references made in VLR and created by the same staff. Didn't think it was worth creating a new thread due to the low price difference, but the game is $19.40 from third party seller Shark Distributors and shipped by Amazon so it's FSSS/Prime eligible. Amazon is also directly selling it for $19.67 should that one sell out.

The game was recently re-released with a new cover. I'd guess that there's a chance you get the original cover if you ordered from the third party seller instead of Amazon directly. I couldn't find any other retailers with a listing for the game other than Frys for $29.96. Maybe the re-release got a low print run and it'll be more difficult to find the game?

I think I subconsciously got this deal from Kotaku so I'm just updating to give credit. I swear I didn't see that article till I made this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope somebody provides scans of this new box art for those of us who already own this great game. I guess I could just copy and print from the post above me.

bread's done
Back