Dead Island (PC) $9.99 on Newegg

I bought it at $20 and it was well worth it. If you have ANY interest in the zombie genre, you need to buy this game.

Aa.. I want to give in, but I get mixed feelings from all the negative comments I see about it. I still might, anyway

That's a hell of a price. The game is fine now. It had a lot of problems when it launched, but they've been ironed out for the most part.

You can beat zombies with nail-covered bats on an island that looks like it's straight out of the Far Cry/Crysis world... what can be so bad about that?

[quote name='Mercenary09']Aa.. I want to give in, but I get mixed feelings from all the negative comments I see about it. I still might, anyway[/QUOTE]

If you decide you like it, it's a damned steal at ten bucks. If you don't like it... just imagine you bought a steak to go from El Generico Chain Restaurant, and it jumped out of the styrofoam box and flew into traffic. It's a loss you could get over. Right?

[quote name='dark_inchworm']If you decide you like it, it's a damned steal at ten bucks. If you don't like it... just imagine you bought a steak to go from El Generico Chain Restaurant, and it jumped out of the styrofoam box and flew into traffic. It's a loss you could get over. Right?[/QUOTE]

I lol'd hard

[quote name='Mercenary09']Aa.. I want to give in, but I get mixed feelings from all the negative comments I see about it. I still might, anyway[/QUOTE]

It's about whether or not you will enjoy it. I wouldn't go by peoples opinions too much. Besides you can't go wrong for $10

I bought this when it was $12 on Amazon a while back... It does get monotonous after a while.

The most fun I had with it was playing with friends. If you're sticking to single player, it gets boring quick.

I did most of the side quests and was done in about 20 hours or so.

The Price is Right, OP! Thanks! I was just logging on to make sure this deal was posted.

Was this game faster-paced than Dead Rising? I found that to be a bit slow, I prefer the action of L4D.

As others have said, though: for $10 hard to go wrong.

[quote name='bugeeker']The Price is Right, OP! Thanks! I was just logging on to make sure this deal was posted.

Was this game faster-paced than Dead Rising? I found that to be a bit slow, I prefer the action of L4D.

As others have said, though: for $10 hard to go wrong.[/QUOTE]
Very much slower than Dead Rising but the plus side is coop but the downside are the little things like the bugs and if you get nauseated easily by those old school shooters than this will be relatively unplayable for some people.

[quote name='bugeeker']T
Was this game faster-paced than Dead Rising? I found that to be a bit slow, I prefer the action of L4D./QUOTE]

I think all three of those games are vastly different. I've got zero interest in Dead Rising or Left 4 Dead, this appears to be more of an actual adventure..

[quote name='dark_inchworm']If you decide you like it, it's a damned steal at ten bucks. If you don't like it... just imagine you bought a steak to go from El Generico Chain Restaurant, and it jumped out of the styrofoam box and flew into traffic. It's a loss you could get over. Right?[/QUOTE]

Everyone always uses that argument here ("the price of a burger").

Unfortunately, I usually still end up buying the burger as well.

I wish it was a digital download.
By the time NewEgg ships it, Dead Island 2 will be out.

Thanks OP, in for one. Was hoping this would show up on Amazon for $10-15 so I could use my $5 coupon, but I figure $10 is almost as good a price as $5. Very happy it's steamworks, I have no more room for boxes.

[quote name='Zimmy']I wish it was a digital download.
By the time NewEgg ships it, Dead Island 2 will be out.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't bank on that since the developer seems to have gone AWOL.

Techland's in trouble?!? I liked Chrome, I liked Call of Juarez, and though I haven't bought it yet, Dead Island seems like EXACTLY my type of game!

That's a big loss IMO if they're gone...I'm not sure I'd consider that they've ever made anything but an above average game.

Don't know if they're in trouble but apparently there was supposed to be a patch to fix a lot of the issues/bugs in Dead Island but it hasn't come out yet. Apparently there is more DLC coming out, though, which is pretty funny.

I'm not one to forget the terribly offensive previous game the developer made and the horrible garbage that was Dead Island went it released on PC. It was nigh unplayable, without hyperbole. I remember fans make edits to files to get it to run.

I have a sealed copy of DR2: Off the Record on my desk. :p $10 is a great deal for those wanting to get into it. Thank you for the information!

What terribly offensive game did they make? Are you talking about the third Call of Juarez? I liked the second one quite a bit, but the third is modern day, which, while I assumed it was competent, didn't interest me as much as a western. Was it offensive?

Oh and I love your Shepard avatar! That's awesome/hilarious.

[quote name='Wolfpup']What terribly offensive game did they make? Are you talking about the third Call of Juarez? I liked the second one quite a bit, but the third is modern day, which, while I assumed it was competent, didn't interest me as much as a western. Was it offensive?

Oh and I love your Shepard avatar! That's awesome/hilarious.[/QUOTE]

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/call-of-juarez-the-cartel

It depicted the current on-goings of the Mexican Drug War horribly inaccurate which is a disservice to those people actually dying in their own streets.

Thanks. I didn't make it, I just found it one day. Thank some dude somewhere. :cool:

Thanks for the info, didn't realize that, though they're Polish right? Always kind of weird when companies make something set in a totally different part of the world! 'course LA Noire seemed great and it was Australian.

I would recommend avoiding this. I got it for free due to an error with a digital distribution system, and I thought it was horrendously shallow and repetitive.

[quote name='Platinumstorm']I would recommend avoiding this. I got it for free due to an error with a digital distribution system, and I thought it was horrendously shallow and repetitive.[/QUOTE]

I paid $35 and I've had fun playing it. I'm not just saying that because I'm trying to justify the purchase. You're right, the character leveling is pretty shallow (as are the characters and story), but it's a rather good title if played with 2 or 3 other friends. Definitely do not pick this up if you will only play single player as you will get bored, but this game shines in multi. It's not a great game but it's plain fun.

Just my thoughts.

For those that were lucky enough to snag this, play with a 360 controller if you have one, and the advanced controls on. It's what sets this game apart, and takes it from pretty good to dang great.

bread's done
Back