* * * * * 7 votes

Japanese Video Game Figure Thread

figure collectible japan

#3121 Arleisha   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   226 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2020 - 08:24 PM

GSC JP is offering 20% off all in-stock figures: https://goodsmilesho...ask-Bonus/c/516
Many older releases included, so you may find something you haven't seen in new condition in a while. Some amazing rare figures were included, but those sold out fast. I missed Nendo Hozuki ;_;

All include bonus Nendoroid Mask... whatever that is.

If I had to guess, probably some sort of face mask, in reference to what's going on.

And hmm, I'm tempted to grab the BotW Zelda to complete my set.   I wonder how much the shipping would be.

#3122 Arleisha   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   226 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2020 - 08:28 PM

Ah, yeah, looks like it's called Nendoroid More: After Parts - Mask

https://static.myfig...arge/977087.jpg

#3123 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4519 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2020 - 10:05 PM

And hmm, I'm tempted to grab the BotW Zelda to complete my set. I wonder how much the shipping would be.

GSC JP is 2000yen (or $18 if buying in US currency) flat rate shipping.

GSC US is now also doing 20% off on select in-stock figures, including BotW Zelda. I've only used their free pre-order shipping, but I pretended to check out with Nendo Zelda and the shipping was about $11. At $47 + $11 = $58 from GSC US vs 4620yen + 2000yen = 6620yen (~$62) from GSC JP, she would be a little cheaper buying from GSC US and should arrive faster (EMS is slow these days), but that bonus Nendo Mask from GSC JP would be worth the little extra imo. -Edit- GSC US figures also include the Nendo Mask, so that should be the better place to order Zelda.

I have Nendo BotW Zelda and she came out great. Well worth picking up if you're interested.

#3124 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4519 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2020 - 11:05 PM

AmiAmi shipped a package to me via DHL yesterday morning and it was delivered today. Seems DHL is the way to go right now.

#3125 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4519 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2020 - 10:09 PM

Japan Shipping News:

EMS and Air Mail stopped for more countries, including US. Mail already sent will supposedly be handled in order of dropoff and not be returned to sender, but may take up to 4 months to be delivered.

#3126 nbskid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:04 AM

Japan Shipping News:

EMS and Air Mail stopped for more countries, including US. Mail already sent will supposedly be handled in order of dropoff and not be returned to sender, but may take up to 4 months to be delivered.

Oh man. That stinks. Last night, I randomly decided to play that Sega Crane Catcher online. Got a bunch of free points for doing things...played twice, and won a large Kirby toy! Very excited, because I'm apparently 8 years old, but now who knows when I'll get it. Womp womp.

#3127 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4519 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:39 AM

Since DHL is the only shipping method offered by AmiAmi that is still shipping to US, AmiAmi is now willing to hold US orders until more shipping methods open. Contact their support if interested. You will still have to pay for your items as they come in stock.

Oh man. That stinks. Last night, I randomly decided to play that Sega Crane Catcher online. Got a bunch of free points for doing things...played twice, and won a large Kirby toy! Very excited, because I'm apparently 8 years old, but now who knows when I'll get it. Womp womp.

Haha. I get excited when I win too, even though I usually don't care about the prize. I have the three Kirby's Dreamy Gear plush keychains and three other prizes "shipped". We won't be seeing prizes for a while. Actually, with the suspension of EMS, I wonder what Sega Catcher will do with US prizes since they usually make you ship it within a certain time frame or forfeit the prize. I'm guessing they'll suspend the time limit window until EMS comes back.

#3128 nbskid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2020 - 07:01 PM

Since DHL is the only shipping method offered by AmiAmi that is still shipping to US, AmiAmi is now willing to hold US orders until more shipping methods open. Contact their support if interested. You will still have to pay for your items as they come in stock.

Haha. I get excited when I win too, even though I usually don't care about the prize. I have the three Kirby's Dreamy Gear plush keychains and three other prizes "shipped". We won't be seeing prizes for a while. Actually, with the suspension of EMS, I wonder what Sega Catcher will do with US prizes since they usually make you ship it within a certain time frame or forfeit the prize. I'm guessing they'll suspend the time limit window until EMS comes back.

I hope so. I already processed the info when I won it a few nights ago.  My address is correct, but all in a wonky order. I hope when it finally ships, they figure it out lol

#3129 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4519 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2020 - 01:03 PM

Looks like TOM will be handling things well:

Japan Post has announced that starting 4/24, they will no longer be accepting SAL type shipments, Air mail, or EMS shipments to the United States until further notice. Although their cutoff date is 4/24th, there may be a number of shipments that shipped prior to this date that will be returned or may see significant delays. We are currently looking into alternative shipping methods that would allow us to offer shipments to the United States. This includes reshipments for any items recently returned due to service disruptions at no extra cost to you. Once we have more information, we will share the details with you.

#3130 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4519 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2020 - 11:24 AM

Nendoroid Death Stranding Cliff (November 2020):

FIGURE-058626.jpg

DX ver (pictured) includes alternate head parts to display him with his helmet on, an interchangeable smiling expression face plate and a skull face plate.

#3131 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4519 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:49 PM

Got an invoice this morning from AmiAmi for three Nendoroids (Asuka, Red Blood Cell, and L 2.0). AmiAmi added back shipping options that are currently not available to US (RSAL, EMS, etc.), but the payment deadline was extended from the usual 7 days to 2 months (end of June). I guess if you pay for those unavailable shipping methods now, then AmiAmi will hold onto your order until they are available.

amiami-shipping.png

I chose DHL again. It was 920yen more than the RSAL I would usually use. Not too bad of an extra charge to get shipping that is still active to US and also extremely fast.

#3132 RKasa   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4380 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2020 - 08:43 PM

I got two SAL unregistered packages today from HLJ. They were originally shipped out on March 13. Really made my day, especially since I'm moving later this month.

Only waiting on a package from CDJapan now (no figures; just VGM and stationery). That one went out on March 17, also via unreg. SAL. Wish me luck :pray:

Also, I ordered figures from Right Stuf for the first time and they arrived this weekend as well. Haven't opened up the parcel yet, but Right Stuf is my main shop for manga and anime, so I'm expecting a good packing job. Their figure prices are merely okay, even during sales, but they have a fair amount of older stuff that's been long sold out at other shops.

#3133 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4519 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2020 - 04:05 PM

A lone EMS package arrived today from Sega Catcher. Sent 4/13, so it's among the earlier of the EMS backup. At least this shows that EMS is somewhat moving.

Cute Waddle Dee plush keychain inside:

segacatcher-waddledee.jpg

Also had a DHL shipment from AmiAmi arrived the other day, again in record speed. Shipped out on Saturday, arrived on Monday. Glad we still have that option for Japan to US shipments.

#3134 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23558 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2020 - 07:23 PM

Is there a way to verify that a figure I'm buying on eBay is legit or not? I know the ones from China that advertise themselves as brand new without packaging are likely fakes, but outside of that, any other good indicators? 

There's a few Figmas and Bring Arts figures that were released that I had no idea about and sellers on eBay are a bit cheaper (well, like 10-12%) than other options I'm seeing. 

#3135 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4519 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2020 - 07:42 PM

Is there a way to verify that a figure I'm buying on eBay is legit or not? I know the ones from China that advertise themselves as brand new without packaging are likely fakes, but outside of that, any other good indicators? 

There's a few Figmas and Bring Arts figures that were released that I had no idea about and sellers on eBay are a bit cheaper (well, like 10-12%) than other options I'm seeing. 

-Check the seller's feedback

-Check if there are known bootlegs of that figure on MFC. It there are, and the seller's other figures also have known bootlegs, then probably fake.

You can post the links here and we can try to help. Can probably ask on MFC too. I guess there's a risk though of people buying from under you when posting a good deal.

#3136 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23558 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2020 - 08:06 PM

-Check the seller's feedback

-Check if there are known bootlegs of that figure on MFC. It there are, and the seller's other figures also have known bootlegs, then probably fake.

You can post the links here and we can try to help. Can probably ask on MFC too. I guess there's a risk though of people buying from under you when posting a good deal.

So like this Kaine figure: 

https://www.ebay.com...ItemCondition=3

Both look pretty legit to me but I honestly can't tell. 

#3137 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4519 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2020 - 09:52 PM

Both sellers are from HK and bootleg exists for that figure. I would pass.

#3138 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23558 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2020 - 10:23 PM

Both sellers are from HK and bootleg exists for that figure. I would pass.

Cool, thanks. I think I follow what you mean after looking at those... I even emailed the second seller and they promised me it was authentic.LOL

#3139 nbskid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:31 AM

A lone EMS package arrived today from Sega Catcher. Sent 4/13, so it's among the earlier of the EMS backup. At least this shows that EMS is somewhat moving.

Cute Waddle Dee plush keychain inside:

segacatcher-waddledee.jpg

Also had a DHL shipment from AmiAmi arrived the other day, again in record speed. Shipped out on Saturday, arrived on Monday. Glad we still have that option for Japan to US shipments.

I won my item on 4-22, still hasn't shipped, but I have SOME hope...I won a  big Kirby, so I'm pretty excited to finally get it lol

#3140 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40126 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2020 - 04:44 AM

I think they look fine. Typically sellers in China will straight up say they're the Chinese version or something along those lines because they don't want to deal with charge backs, like how this one does for example https://www.ebay.com...RAAAOSwpBdd7wvw

Alternatively, there are a couple on Mandarake https://order.mandar...rd=nier&lang=en

#3141 RKasa   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4380 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:40 PM

I think they look fine. Typically sellers in China will straight up say they're the Chinese version or something along those lines because they don't want to deal with charge backs, like how this one does for example https://www.ebay.com...RAAAOSwpBdd7wvw

Alternatively, there are a couple on Mandarake https://order.mandar...rd=nier&lang=en

"Chinese version" is generally a sneaky way of saying "bootleg", but yeah, I don't see that on either one of the other listings. In addition the photos look authentic to me, and the prices aren't too low (which would've been another strong sign of a bootleg).

Still, if Vinny is wary about whether or not they're genuine, then he should pass. Kaine goes on sale every so often at various shops, so if he doesn't want to go the Mandarake route, he could wait for one of those.

#3142 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4519 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2020 - 04:13 PM

Typically sellers in China will straight up say they're the Chinese version or something along those lines because they don't want to deal with charge backs

True, that is how they usually do it these days.

Both of those listings may be legit. Personally, I steer clear of China and HK based eBay sellers when it comes to figures, especially when a bootleg of that figure exists. Do what you're comfortable with.

I won my item on 4-22, still hasn't shipped, but I have SOME hope...I won a  big Kirby, so I'm pretty excited to finally get it lol

I have three Sega Catcher shipments since that recent one came in. One is marked shipped, the other two are waiting. I got a text today that I should be getting a shipment from them via DHL on Tuesday. They must have switched from using EMS.

Sega Catcher will be closing at end of May until Japan's situation improves. TOM Premium members still get daily points until then and can continue winning prizes. Make sure to use up your free points and ship your prizes before end of May.

#3143 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14185 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2020 - 06:37 PM

Is there a website to play Sega Catcher on *without* TOM Premium? I assume so? Can someone link, please?

I love crane games, but don’t really think I’d need TOM Premium. If I could play randomly here and there, that would be fun.

#3144 nbskid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2020 - 07:14 PM

So, last night, I got a text saying mine is shipping DHL too. Yay for that. I did see they're shutting down (and who knows for how long) at the end of the month. I only have 280 points left, I'll try to get up to 400 and play two more times before May runs out.

And Rig, I just signed up online through the website. I plugged in my phone info too, got a bunch of free points...watched some videos, decided to play...and on my second game, won a large Kirby toy! Yay! lol. I haven't won anything else since, but I haven't spent a dime, so I'm happy.

#3145 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4519 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2020 - 08:53 PM

Is there a website to play Sega Catcher on *without* TOM Premium? I assume so? Can someone link, please?

I love crane games, but don’t really think I’d need TOM Premium. If I could play randomly here and there, that would be fun.

I don't know if they're taking new people now. They're worried about having to refund paid points at the end of May.

Sega Catcher works great with TOM Premium. You get 220 point for free each day, and the points keep stacking over time so you can save up to play a few turns in a row. I've been playing for 5 months, haven't spent a dime, and won 34 prizes so far.

I heard Toreba is supposed to be really good. I've stayed away from there since I want to avoid spending money on crane machines. Once I get going, I play/pay to win ^^; With Sega Catcher I've made sure to only use my free TOM Premium plays, even when I've positioned the prize to a light breeze from winning >_<

#3146 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14185 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2020 - 08:59 PM

I’ve played (and won) on Toreba several times. I usually keep myself safe from pumping a bunch of money in over there.

#3147 nbskid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2020 - 12:19 AM

I've been following my Sega Catcher online shipment, it's currently in Hong Kong (from Tokyo), shipped DHL, and it's "on hold" with status "exception". Uh-oh. Hope this isn't anything serious.

UPDATE-It's back to normal and left Hong Kong. Yay.

#3148 RKasa   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4380 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2020 - 12:53 PM

Cross-posting from MFC:

HLJ: 10% off FedEx and DHL. Ends May 31. Not clear if it works on preorders after that end date, but I assume it will?

Right Stuf is also having a three-day Last Chance figure sale.

#3149 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4519 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2020 - 10:08 PM

Nendoroid Touhou Project Marisa Kirisama 2.0 (November 2020) (limited+exclusive):

FIGURE-059095.jpg

Bonus round base included with orders from GSC Shop. They are also the cheapest stores to order from, the next best being TOM. Expensive at AmiAmi (probably because exclusive).

Union Creative Dragon's Crown Sorceress (October 2020):

FIGURE-059077.jpg

#3150 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4519 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2020 - 01:40 PM

TOM $10 off $50 order from US warehouse with coupon TAKE10. Expires June 4.

Nendoroid Witcher 3 Yennefer (October 2020):

FIGURE-059452.jpg

Nendoroid Overwatch Reinhardt (November 2020):

FIGURE-059311.jpg

Phat Company 1/8 Danganronpa Kyoko Kirigiri (May 2021) (re-release):

FIGURE-059296.jpg

Phat Company 1/8 Danganronpa Chiaki Nanami (May 2021) (re-release):

FIGURE-059295.jpg

My AmiAmi RSAL package that was "returned to sender" 4/16 was finally actually returned to sender 5/30. Yes, there's even a line for returning stuff. AmiAmi is holding onto it until SAL is available again (with no option to reship beforehand via working shipping method). My Nendo Rei Ayanami...