* * * * * 3 votes

Japanese Video Game Figure Thread

figure collectible japan

#1381 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   6690 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:50 PM

Chief Beifong is up for preorder. Site's going pretty slow right now, but heads up for those interested:

http://zwyerind.com/...re_beifong.html

Check out my art blog.      |      Trade List

Open for commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

I make art for this game! It's also fun as hell and you should try it. http://store.steampo...com/app/291550/

#1382 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   2592 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:50 PM

$4 Tetra found in Walmart checkout lanes:

zrUCDdil.jpg

They also sell Mario, Luigi, Olimar, Waluigi, and Link (though I don't remember seeing Link in store).

Chief Beifong is up for preorder.

Wish I could spend $100 on Lin. For Korra or Katara I will ^^

#1383 yokofox33   House Stark CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:36 PM

Holy crap I want that Marth nendoroid. And Kirby. And Link. Give them all to me.

Also, the Dark Horse Ganondorf figure is down to ~97 on Amazon. I want it badly, but just can't seem to pull the trigger.

3DS Friend Code: 1461-6213-9792

Animal Crossing Trade List (will update frequently)

#1384 ProfessorMicro   Dark Lord of the Sith CAGiversary!   568 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

ProfessorMicro

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:41 AM

Holy crap I want that Marth nendoroid. And Kirby. And Link. Give them all to me.

Also, the Dark Horse Ganondorf figure is down to ~97 on Amazon. I want it badly, but just can't seem to pull the trigger.

https://www.tfaw.com...Figure___450646

$74.99 w/o shipping, though there's often coupons available to take it down a bit. Do a little research and I'm sure you can find a coupon for some additional savings.

ProfessorMicro.png

"You cannot hide from what you once were, Revan! Recognize that you were once the Dark Lord—and know that I have taken your place!"

#1385 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   6690 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:02 PM

Unsurprisingly, Cynthia looks fantastic. Garchomp looks like he won't be totally dwarfed by my D-arts Pokemon too, so I'm even more excited to get home and pose them with Red now.

Check out my art blog.      |      Trade List

Open for commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

I make art for this game! It's also fun as hell and you should try it. http://store.steampo...com/app/291550/

#1386 fujishig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   677 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

fujishig

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:11 PM

So first I go to the English Good Smile store, and see N, and get all excited... but the fine print says that it can't be sold to North America.

Then I'm waiting and waiting and waiting for Nendoroid Anna to be available to be put in a cart on amiami, and then I finally realize yesterday that they're just not allowing you to purchase it on the English site (you can on the jp site). 

So license restrictions?  Ugh.

#1387 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   2592 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:59 PM

So first I go to the English Good Smile store, and see N, and get all excited... but the fine print says that it can't be sold to North America.

They did the same thing with Nendos Red and Cynthia. That is their Asian license for customers outside of Japan. Your best bet is to forward from Amazon JP.

Then I'm waiting and waiting and waiting for Nendoroid Anna to be available to be put in a cart on amiami, and then I finally realize yesterday that they're just not allowing you to purchase it on the English site (you can on the jp site). 

So license restrictions?  Ugh.

Woah, never seen AmiAmi do that before. Must be due to GSC licensing issues with a US based company. Seems BiJHobby Search, and HLJ are allowing orders from US customers, so just go with one of those stores (I would use BiJ).

#1388 elessar123   "AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER." CAGiversary!   10678 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:13 PM

Woah, never seen AmiAmi do that before. Must be due to GSC licensing issues with a US based company. Seems BiJHobby Search, and HLJ are allowing orders from US customers, so just go with one of those stores (I would use BiJ).

They did it with Elsa. I ordered Elsa the day it went up, and they said after a day or two that they can't sell Elsa to US customers due to licensing restrictions. Anyone who ordered it would be honored, but then they removed Elsa from the US site.

I ordered Anna from Hobby Search myself.

elessar123.png

#1389 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   2592 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:16 PM

Expensive but cool:

F4F Meta Knight statue ($260): http://www.first4fig...d,3/product,142
Journey statue ($150): http://gear.playstat...ney-statue.html

#1390 fujishig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   677 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

fujishig

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:56 AM

And now Anna is orderable at amiami...  Odd.

#1391 WinterAvenger   The Egocentric Cheapo Trading Ban   1512 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

WinterAvenger

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:08 AM

Max Factory 1/7 Fire Emblem Awakening Tiamo has been painted:

dNZkXCD.jpg

klzLDfY.jpg

Releases March 2016. Expect to see more on her at WonFes.

I've never seen GSC offer a coupon code. The only deal I've seen them do is free shipping from their Wonderful Hobby Life For You store during WonFes if you spend 10k+ yen, and even that didn't require a coupon.

Is it just me or... is the figure missing feet just like the game?!?!

#1392 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   2592 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:51 PM

Is it just me or... is the figure missing feet just like the game?!?!

I think it's because her feet are submerged in the water of the base. The water layer can be removed, so you'll probably see her feet then.

#1393 DNukem170   I plan 3 times faster than other birbs! CAGiversary!   6984 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

DNukem170

Posted Yesterday, 03:44 PM

Got this in today:

2015-08-03%2011.36.15.jpg

For some reason, Usagi's hair (at least, the pigtail portion) is transparent. Not sure if I like that. Also don't like that none of her faces are "smiling with mouth open."