* * * * * 3 votes

Japanese Video Game Figure Thread

figure collectible japan

#1441 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   36232 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:53 PM

I've ordered from both they're eBay store and rakuten store. These guys are legit. Everything comes fast and well packaged. Note their descriptions do in fact suck. Almost like they got some guy just writing random English words on the page...anyway I recommend them. They seem to have rare figures always in stock and at great prices.

I gave in and ordered it despite the terrible description. Seems to cost around half of what people want on ebay/amazon so I'll take the risk on condition.

I really want to know what they think idiosyncratic means though since it's on most of their descriptions.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#1442 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:19 AM

If you don't mind me asking, what did you order?

#1443 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   36232 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:33 AM

If you don't mind me asking, what did you order?

I got this. Hopefully something cheaper doesn't show up after I pay.

http://global.rakute...s_browsehist_en

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#1444 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:09 AM

Dude, really? I bought that figure from them last year ( my 1st figure). Paid way more...she's absolutely gorgeous and huge too. I think you got a great deal.

#1445 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   480 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:36 AM

Why Re-say? I'd be all over a Naoto figure and she is in fact the most popular P4 character. Facepalm/

*Also my Lucina Figma just shipped =D

I'm hoping they would do the Naoto from the Persona x Detective version. One day...

#1446 WinterAvenger   The Egocentric Cheapo Trading Ban   1550 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

WinterAvenger

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:32 AM

I'm hoping they would do the Naoto from the Persona x Detective version. One day...

We will dream together.

#1447 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   2619 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:16 AM

Nendoroid Kirby (January 2016):
ud0Oq0h.jpg
Nendo Kirby from AmiAmi (3460 JPY): http://www.amiami.co...e=FIGURE-013551
GSC (4500 JPY) pre-order bonus: maxim tomato

Nendoroid Rockman (January 2016):
7KVFZ4K.jpg
Nendo Rockman from AmiAmi (3690 JPY): http://www.amiami.co...e=FIGURE-013552
GSC (4800 JPY) pre-order bonus: death effect plate

I'm very impressed that Kirby comes with 4 face plates. Also sword is my favorite power-up, and fire looks sweet.

The GSC bonuses for both are cool but not necessary. I'm going to order from AmiAmi.

#1448 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   6765 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:36 PM

I think that death effect plate is pretty whack, and I want the Maxim tomato, but not enough to pay the difference in buying from GSC. Amiami it is!

Didn't realize they'd let me combine the orders with my MM Link. That's awesome.

It's gonna be a pricey couple of months.

Check out my art blog.      |      Trade List

Open for commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

I make art for this game! It's also fun as hell and you should try it. http://store.steampo...com/app/291550/

#1449 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   2619 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:51 PM

Didn't realize they'd let me combine the orders with my MM Link. That's awesome.

I combined Kirby and Mega Man with MM Link too. AmiAmi is awesome when it comes to order combination. As long as you haven't received an invoice yet, you can easily combine orders of the same month. This also works when combining in-stock items (like from the pre-owned section) with a pre-order of the current month.

#1450 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   13362 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:46 PM

I'm...just not feeling that Rockman.  I think it's the eyes.  I probably don't need to be spending money on it anyway....but, I'm gonna cave and preorder Kirby (from AmiAmi).

#1451 brian_fin   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:47 PM

I combined Kirby and Mega Man with MM Link too. AmiAmi is awesome when it comes to order combination. As long as you haven't received an invoice yet, you can easily combine orders of the same month. This also works when combining in-stock items (like from the pre-owned section) with a pre-order of the current month.

By combining..do you mean in terms of shipping? As in they'd be shipped in one box and only charged once I mean. If so that's pretty cool.

I'm pretty on the fence about the MM Link, and now you throw Kirby in..

I definitely couldn't do both, as things are pretty bad financially with Amiibo as it is lol. Also I think I'd be delving into a layer of 'nerd-dom' that I'm not sure you can go back from (or would want to =P) Plus I'd have to cave and buy some display room, which makes it even harder to move.

Cool stuff though!

#1452 WinterAvenger   The Egocentric Cheapo Trading Ban   1550 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

WinterAvenger

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:51 PM

GoodSmiles knocked it out of the park with Lucina, holy crap!

https://www.youtube....h?v=KZATZarElJE

#1453 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   2619 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:20 PM

By combining..do you mean in terms of shipping? As in they'd be shipped in one box and only charged once I mean. If so that's pretty cool.

Yup. AmiAmi lets you combine orders as long as all the items come out the same month. You receive an invoice when all the items are in stock and pay for one shipment.

I'm pretty on the fence about the MM Link, and now you throw Kirby in..

I definitely couldn't do both, as things are pretty bad financially with Amiibo as it is lol.

If you're using Amiibo only as figures and not for gaming (like everyone else, lol), Nendos are infinitely superior. If you haven't already, check out / pick up Nendo Toon Link and compare him to his Amiibo equivalent.

Your wallet will never be the same ^^;

#1454 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   6765 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:41 PM

GoodSmiles knocked it out of the park with Lucina, holy crap!

https://www.youtube....h?v=KZATZarElJE

Mine surprised me and showed up today. Put her mask on instantly. It's a really, really well crafted figure.

I make art for this game! It's also fun as hell and you should try it. http://store.steampo...com/app/291550/

#1455 brian_fin   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:47 PM

Yup. AmiAmi lets you combine orders as long as all the items come out the same month. You receive an invoice when all the items are in stock and pay for one shipment.

If you're using Amiibo only as figures and not for gaming (like everyone else, lol), Nendos are infinitely superior. If you haven't already, check out / pick up Nendo Toon Link and compare him to his Amiibo equivalent.

Your wallet will never be the same ^^;

I knoooow, agh you're pushing me! D: I think you're secretly the guy who sits on the other side of me at work that has these kinds of things on his desk xD

I only like the 'toon link' with ruffled hair actually (islander outfit), so if I had to pick between the two it'd be the MM variant (already have the Amiibo). The thing is, toon link already has an exaggerated large head for his small body. Give it the Nendo makeover and now it looks like it's about to explode >.< A bit too much distorted 'Japanese cuteness' for me I think. Ha, however the 'Nendo-effect™ ' seems to have no effect on Kirby.

#1456 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   2619 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:24 PM

I knoooow, agh you're pushing me! D: I think you're secretly the guy who sits on the other side of me at work that has these kinds of things on his desk xD

Oh that's you... how's it going?

I only like the 'toon link' with ruffled hair actually (islander outfit), so if I had to pick between the two it'd be the MM variant (already have the Amiibo). The thing is, toon link already has an exaggerated large head for his small body. Give it the Nendo makeover and now it looks like it's about to explode >.< A bit too much distorted 'Japanese cuteness' for me I think. Ha, however the 'Nendo-effect™ ' seems to have no effect on Kirby.

A figure with his island outfit would be awesome! If you don't like Nendo style, what about the more proportionate Figma style like Skyward Sword Link?

Like Nendo Kirby, I think Nendo Sonic also looks close to his normal self vs a Japanese cutesy interpretation.

#1457 brian_fin   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:04 PM

Oh that's you... how's it going?

Stahp, he's also a programmer as well xD That'd be hilarious.

A figure with his island outfit would be awesome! If you don't like Nendo style, what about the more proportionate Figma style like Skyward Sword Link?

Like Nendo Kirby, I think Nendo Sonic also looks close to his normal self vs a Japanese cutesy interpretation.

That must be the foot tall one that everyone has in their Zelda loot picture postings. Looks like a giant in comparison to everything else. I do like the classic Sonic though. My wallet has some thinking to do..

Thanks for the info!

#1458 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   2619 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:53 PM

That must be the foot tall one that everyone has in their Zelda loot picture postings. Looks like a giant in comparison to everything else.

The foot tall one is a Real Action Hero: http://myfigurecolle...net/item/149372

I recommend steering clear of that one. Besides the crazy price, Medicom really messed up on RAH Link. The final product tunic is terrible in both color and material compared to the prototype, the hand cracks if you place the bow in it, and there are some paint quality issues.

Figma Link is like 5 inches tall, around the price of a Nendoroid, and amazingly well done. Here's an old pic with him on my bookshelf: https://www.cheapass...8#entry12174758

#1459 elessar123   "AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER." CAGiversary!   10965 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:13 PM

Fran from Final Fantasy XII.

FIGURE-013612.jpg

I'm tempted, and I pretty much have no jointed figures (3, but debating on selling them).

elessar123.png

#1460 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   3823 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

R. Kasahara

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:20 PM

I'm tempted, and I pretty much have no jointed figures (3, but debating on selling them).

I KNOW IT'S FRAN BUT DON'T DO IT! IT'S A PLAY ARTS KAI!!

Seriously, that is one figure line I go out of my way to avoid these days. Most other Square Enix Products are good to great, but PAKs just aren't worth the ridiculous prices they go for. The sculpts/casting are often iffy in spots, the quality of the paint jobs tend to be sub-par for the price, and the knee joints are ugly as sin.

I have heard that the Dragoon Variant PAK turned out pretty nice, though, so maybe things have improved, but I'd still wait until impressions come out after release before buying Fran.

sig.gif
2015 Completed Games || My gaming blog

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#1461 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   6765 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:59 PM

I have to go by franchise with PAK. No denying they've gotten super pricey, but I have most of their MGS line and they're some of my favorite figures. Spike and Vicious turned out very well too. Was not as wild about the Devil May Cry or Street Fighter series, unfortunately.

Only thing really stopping me on Fran is knowing that the other XII figures aren't gonna anywhere near scale. I know she's supposed to be the tallest anyway, but I'd have to see them together. Maybe if they get some do-overs like VII did, I'll be in trouble.

#1462 sephiroth61787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   717 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

sephiroth61787

Posted Yesterday, 04:47 AM

I have to go by franchise with PAK. No denying they've gotten super pricey, but I have most of their MGS line and they're some of my favorite figures. Spike and Vicious turned out very well too. Was not as wild about the Devil May Cry or Street Fighter series, unfortunately.

Only thing really stopping me on Fran is knowing that the other XII figures aren't gonna anywhere near scale. I know she's supposed to be the tallest anyway, but I'd have to see them together. Maybe if they get some do-overs like VII did, I'll be in trouble.

When they announced Rufus, I thought he was going to be in-scale with the rest of the FFVII AC Play Arts I already had. Boy was I wrong. Play Arts Kai figures are huge compared to the regular Play Arts.

I would have been mad at the do-overs, but they've all been fantastic (especially Cloud). Now I hope they release Cid, Aerith, and Cait Sith to complete the team...and then Sephiroth.

Also, their QC has greatly improved. I bought the Dark Knight Trilogy Batman which had an arm snap off immediately (luckily Square Enix CS sent me a replacement). All PAKs I've gotten since then have not had any breakage. I actually just got the Variant Spider-Man and AK Harley Quinn in today. Very awesome figures.

#1463 The Holy Pretzle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1774 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

The Holy Pretzle

Posted Yesterday, 05:58 PM

I have all of the DMC ones mostly out of franchise loyalty, but yeah they're pretty not fantastic.  Their better ones are amazing though, my partner got Venom Snake and he looks inccredible.