* * * * * 7 votes

Japanese Video Game Figure Thread

figure collectible japan

#2071 The Holy Pretzle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1916 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

The Holy Pretzle

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:10 PM

Oh shit those Gecco Pyramid Head statues are coming back! 

#2072 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3533 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:13 AM

GSC 1/7 Fire Emblem Cordelia released. Wish I could afford her, but my June is already full + she requires EMS.

I just ordered two Pose Skeleton Japanese Room sets:

JhwWaw8.jpg

yVdcCjj.jpg

I'm hoping Nendos will fit in them since GSC doesn't want my money by re-releasing their room sets. 900 yen a piece at AmiAmi seems worth a try to me: http://www.amiami.co...e=FIGURE-017507

#2073 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   986 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:06 AM

Anime Island is holding another preorder discount campaign. I po'd Momohime for $98 shipped. Hell of a deal for a just announced figure.

Is that the best deal for her so far? I've been thinking about preordering both her and Yuzuruha from ami ami, but the rise in the EMS is making me hesitate.

Posted Image

#2074 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3533 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:22 AM

Is that the best deal for her so far? I've been thinking about preordering both her and Yuzuruha from ami ami, but the rise in the EMS is making me hesitate.

That was the best deal for Momohime. AI's pre-order sale has expired though. They've also sold out of Yuzuruha.

Momohime should be SALable. Yuzuruha will probably require EMS.

#2075 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1597 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:15 AM

Nippon yasan has them both for less then amiami, but their shipping charges will still be just as high. AA did add dhl as an option, but I'm not sure how much they charge to ship.

#2076 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4117 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:29 PM

AA did add dhl as an option, but I'm not sure how much they charge to ship.

A DHL rate chart has been added to their Payment/Shipping page, just under the EMS/Airmail/SAL SP one - http://www.amiami.co...e/t/faq2.html#2

·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙ Happy Holidays ·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

#2077 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1597 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:41 PM

So yeah, looks like dhl isn't a big saver

#2078 elessar123  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:05 PM

Eh, it's like 2/3 the EMS price.

Spoiler

#2079 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39892 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:46 PM

DHL is better than EMS because it skips customs.

Won't really affect me though since I use HLJ over amiami. I really like private warehouse.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#2080 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3533 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:57 PM

What's the speed of DHL vs EMS? EMS takes 2-4 days to reach me in Florida, US.

#2081 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39892 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:10 PM

For me it's always been a day or two faster than EMS. Not having to deal with USPS is a plus too. I swear most of the time they don't knock on the door and then I have to go to the post office to get whatever.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#2082 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4117 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:17 PM

DHL is typically faster for me than EMS as well, at least from Amazon.co.jp. If DHL would be cheaper and their quality is good in your area, I'd definitely recommend it over EMS.

·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙ Happy Holidays ·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

#2083 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1597 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:02 PM

Ems for me to Chicago takes a 3-4 days.

#2084 elessar123  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:49 PM

DHL from Amazon.jp takes 2 days on the West Coast. EMS maybe 3-4 days.

Spoiler

#2085 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3533 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:55 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Next time SAL is not an option for my order, I'll give DHL a try.

#2086 Supplice   Hmph CAGiversary!   4182 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:49 AM

What's the speed of DHL vs EMS? EMS takes 2-4 days to reach me in Florida, US.

For me, EMS is 2-3 days and DHL is always 2.

#2087 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3533 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:39 PM

(nsfw) Capcom Darkstalkers Morrigan Nurse ver: http://www.amiami.co...e=FIGURE-019688

She also comes in black but that one is exclusive.

Phat Company Devil Survivor 2 1/8 Fumi Kanno: http://www.amiami.co...e=FIGURE-019629

Remember that not-so-great Dark Horse Skyward Sword Link that GS has been selling for $30 (still available) and is actually made by F4F? Now F4F is selling the set on their store for $350:

Mv7iat8.jpg

They are also selling the base separately for $200. I'll stick with the $30 Link from GS ^^;

#2088 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3533 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:27 PM

HLJ summer sale: http://hlj.com/summer-sale-2016

#2089 FatherChesz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   641 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

FatherChesz

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:51 PM

I'm new to that site, if they have an item marked as a reproduction, is that like a reprint or are they selling a less than official version?

#2090 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3533 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:04 PM

I'm new to that site, if they have an item marked as a reproduction, is that like a reprint or are they selling a less than official version?

All their stuff is legit, as is any site in op. Reproduction is reprint or re-release.

#2091 Danger Zone: Archer   Not really here. CAGiversary!   2784 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Danger Zone: Archer

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:23 PM

i'm liking that morrigan figure and hating it at the same time .

tumblr_n9z0r22HLi1rn2chmo1_250.gif

Check out my Lowball: PS1 up  for Grabs and A lot  of Graphic Novels !

https://www.cheapass...c-novels/page-1

#2092 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3533 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:37 PM

CR has GSC 1/7 SS Link as dotd for $137 with membership.

AI has 10% off preorders coupon, which would bring Link to $135 without needing a membership.

#2093 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7587 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:35 AM

My little brother has been looking for a bunch of Yo-Kai watch stuff. Mainly snagging full boxes of the medals and what not. He was looking at SamuraiBuyer but the shipping fees are a bit much especially seeing as you pay for shipping twice.

Any ideas where he could find boxes of the medals for reasonable prices online? I know you guys mainly collect figures here but thought of all the places on CAG this group would be the most knowledgeable on the topic!

On topic moreso, I got my first Play Arts Kai (actually from my little brother haha) and it is pretty damn awesome. It is Spiderman and the articulation is off the charts and is just so versatile and fun to pose!

#2094 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4117 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:53 AM

My little brother has been looking for a bunch of Yo-Kai watch stuff. Mainly snagging full boxes of the medals and what not. He was looking at SamuraiBuyer but the shipping fees are a bit much especially seeing as you pay for shipping twice.

Any ideas where he could find boxes of the medals for reasonable prices online? I know you guys mainly collect figures here but thought of all the places on CAG this group would be the most knowledgeable on the topic!

By "medals", I presume you mean things like these? - http://hlj.com/scrip...&GenreCode2=fun

HLJ was the first shop I thought of (plus they're having a big sale right now), but AmiAmi and Hobby Search would likely have Yokai Watch medals as well.

#2095 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3533 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:55 AM

HS bargain bin: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/360/0/1

Nendo MM Link for 2916 yen:  http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10342182

Nendo Megaman 2444 yen: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10344787

#2096 Cap'n_RDM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:16 PM

My son is looking to purchase the Figma Kirito & Asuna figures from Sword Art Online.  Does anyone know the most reputable place to order from at this point?  We are leery of ending up with bootlegs.

Now Playing:
:ps3: Enslaved

:psp: Metal Gear Solid  :vita: Assassin's Creed III:  Liberation

:wii: Nothing  :wiiu: Super Smash Bros for Wii U
:ds: Dragon Quest IV  :3ds: Super Smash Bros for 3DS

#2097 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3533 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:33 AM

Paid for an AmiAmi order this morning and these were my shipping options:

• EMS : 3,860 JPY
  • Air Small Packet : 2,640 JPY
  • SAL Small Packet (Registered) : 2,090 JPY
  • SAL Parcel : 3,390 JPY
  • DHL : 6,000 JPY

Wtf is up with DHL pricing? It was supposed to be an affordable alternative to the EMS price increase, but in this case it is over 2000 yen more than EMS. Needless to say I went with RSAL.

Another side note, the exchange rate is getting close to 1 USD = 100 yen :(

My son is looking to purchase the Figma Kirito & Asuna figures from Sword Art Online.  Does anyone know the most reputable place to order from at this point?  We are leery of ending up with bootlegs.

Any site in op is safe to order from. Ask your son which versions he wants because there are two Asuna Figmas and three Kiritos.

If he wants the original versions (from the beginning of the anime), those are oop. You can wait for them to pop up on AmiAmi pre-owned or Mandarake, or try a site not in op. Be very wary of Amazon and eBay... tons of bootlegs!

The latest Figma Asuna (end of the anime, elf with wings) is still in stock at most places and her matching Kirito isn't even out yet so you can easily pre-order him.

#2098 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1597 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:58 PM

I told you guys dhl wasn't cheap.

Cap,
You can try to find a seller on mfc. I took a quick look around and there were a few active sellers, there is a chance they might be bootlegs. But it's a very big community, I doubt anyone would want to ruin ruin their reputation by selling a fake.

#2099 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39892 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:24 PM

Crazy expensive for DHL. When I've used it before it was just a little more than EMS.

#2100 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4117 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:53 PM

Wtf is up with DHL pricing? It was supposed to be an affordable alternative to the EMS price increase, but in this case it is over 2000 yen more than EMS. Needless to say I went with RSAL.

Are the items in your order big, or in big boxes? I assume DHL is like FedEx at HLJ where the shipping cost is calculated by volume instead of weight.