* * * * * 4 votes

Japanese Video Game Figure Thread

figure collectible japan

#2161 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3208 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:00 PM

"Video Game Figures"?  :-k  :lol:

Deadpool and Kylo Ren are in video games so they count. While there isn't a Suicide Squad game (yet), Harley and Joker have appeared in other games so I listed them anyway.

There are more figures I didn't list that could appear here (like all the Mikus and Fate/Xyzs). I got tired half way through reading the list ^^;

Checking the "updated" list, I was surprised to see a P4DAN figure. The colored Figma Twilight Link is looking great. There are a lot of figures I'm interested in... too many.

#2162 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   3957 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:22 PM

Deadpool and Kylo Ren are in video games so they count. While there isn't a Suicide Squad game (yet), Harley and Joker have appeared in other games so I listed them anyway.

That's a bit of a stretch (and if we're being completionist, the new IDOLM@STER, KanColle, etc. figures are much better fits for such a list), but whatever floats your boat :razz:
sig.gif
2016 Completed Games || My gaming blog

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#2163 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   38330 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:47 PM

There are more figures I didn't list that could appear here (like all the Mikus and Fate/Xyzs). I got tired half way through reading the list ^^;

Checking the "updated" list, I was surprised to see a P4DAN figure. The colored Figma Twilight Link is looking great. There are a lot of figures I'm interested in... too many.

Post all the MIku's

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#2164 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3208 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:48 PM

At least Deadpool should count since he has his own game. I removed the others.

Anyone getting Nendo Jumbo Miku? The promo vid is funny:

Post all the MIku's

Wait for the text list and do a search for Miku ^^

#2165 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   38330 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:52 PM

Wait for the text list and do a search for Miku ^^

I already looked at them. I was just saying to do it based on principle 

I really like this one

chookypooh1469450685.jpeg

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#2166 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7268 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:56 PM

I can't even handle these WonFes announcements. I seriously need over half of them. Ulala is such a cool surprise, and I go nuts for all things Bloodborne. Really happy about Kat as well. I was just starting to get an itchy triggy finger on her aftermarket.

Check out my art blog.      |      Trade List

Open for commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

#2167 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   3957 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:19 PM

Full list of new (and non-garage kit) figures shown at Summer WonFes - http://myfigurecolle....net/blog/29515
sig.gif

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#2168 fujishig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   784 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

fujishig

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:50 AM

Isn't this kind of the Japanese figures (not just video games) thread anyway, despite the title?

#2169 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   872 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:25 PM

I would just call it the figure thread in the future. That way we get the precious moments foot traffic lol

#2170 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7268 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:02 PM

Careful, I might start spouting Marvel Legends, World of Nintendo, and Mondo nonsense if we go down that route.

#2171 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3208 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:24 PM

Isn't this kind of the Japanese figures (not just video games) thread anyway, despite the title?

I think we've mostly stuck to video game characters and Japanese made. One exception would be Avatar figures which, while they have video games, have mostly been produced by US companies. The upcoming Nendo Korra is the first Japanese figure of the series.

Careful, I might start spouting Marvel Legends, World of Nintendo, and Mondo nonsense if we go down that route.

World of Nintendo is on MFC and I think I've posted one or two of them before. You can find them in Walmart checkout lines for $4, or TRU for like $7. Their quality is usually quite poor though. I have Tetra, Deku Link, and Shy Guy.

Still waiting on Mondo's Korrasami statue...

#2172 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7268 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:35 PM

World of Nintendo is on MFC and I think I've posted one or two of them before. You can find them in Walmart checkout lines for $4, or TRU for like $7. Their quality is usually quite poor though. I have Tetra, Deku Link, and Shy Guy.

Still waiting on Mondo's Korrasami statue...

Fair enough. Guess I just never actually searched for em there. They're certainly not the highest quality figures out there, but I find them really charming. Reminds me of the shit I wanted growing up. Brought Bowser and Bowser Jr into the new office with me.

Mondo Iron Giant is the only one I've pulled the trigger on, and it's stunning. Considered Ramona, but decided to pump the brakes.

#2173 Navex   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1035 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:51 PM

Just saw a couple pictures of Final Fantasy VII Remake character figures from Play Arts. What are good sites that I can preorder these from when they're available as I'm not a figure collector but definitely interested in getting the entire set and I know from my Amazon/eBay lurking as well as this topic these figures require small fortunes to buy after they're sold out.

#2174 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   3957 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:01 PM

Just saw a couple pictures of Final Fantasy VII Remake character figures from Play Arts. What are good sites that I can preorder these from when they're available as I'm not a figure collector but definitely interested in getting the entire set and I know from my Amazon/eBay lurking as well as this topic these figures require small fortunes to buy after they're sold out.

Any of the stores in the OP should carry them. AmiAmi will probably have the best prices for them, going by previous Play Arts kai releases, though HLJ and Hobby Search regularly sells them at a discount as well.

However, I must note that the recent AC Cloud PAK re-release wasn't marked down much at all, anywhere (and, in this case, AmiAmi was one of the most expensive places to buy him). Cloud is the most popular FF character, so you might have to pay full price for his Remake PAK.

At any rate, be prepared to pay $90+ each no matter what store you order from and/or how big of a discount there is.
sig.gif

#2175 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   872 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:10 PM

Prices are about the same wherever you end up going. Amiami might advertise the cheapest price, but they tend to overcharge on shipping. There shipping box is bullet proof though...Anime island is starting to get cheaper than the Japanese stores because of the strong yen. They also routinely run preorder discount specials too. I have heard rumblings of them not fulfilling orders, i haven't had a problem with them.

#2176 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   38330 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:25 PM

Prices are about the same wherever you end up going. Amiami might advertise the cheapest price, but they tend to overcharge on shipping. There shipping box is bullet proof though...Anime island is starting to get cheaper than the Japanese stores because of the strong yen. They also routinely run preorder discount specials too. I have heard rumblings of them not fulfilling orders, i haven't had a problem with them.

This. Ami always appears cheapest due to their discounts but their shipping cost always negates any discount.

#2177 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7268 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:10 PM

I don't know why I still even check the aftermarket on the FF9 play arts figures. It's depressing every time.

#2178 Navex   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1035 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:34 PM

Thanks for the tips. 90 bucks huh damn, but I guess that still beats what they will be later.

#2179 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3208 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:29 PM

Use TOM coupon code PAYPAL1607 for 15% off. Expires tomorrow, 7/31. Coupon can only be used once per account, but your order can have as many items as you like.

I used it to get Aniplex Saber Kimono ver for $101.99: https://otakumode.co...-7-Scale-Figure

Btw, this is the first time on TOM I wasn't allowed to use points on an order. Looks like they blocked them on all Aniplex items :(

#2180 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   38330 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:39 PM

Use TOM coupon code PAYPAL1607 for 15% off. Expires tomorrow, 7/31. Coupon can only be used once per account, but your order can have as many items as you like.

I used it to get Aniplex Saber Kimono ver for $101.99: https://otakumode.co...-7-Scale-Figure

Btw, this is the first time on TOM I wasn't allowed to use points on an order. Looks like they blocked them on all Aniplex items :(

I used that about a week ago to get a couple figures. Between that code and my points I got over $100 off.

You can get some pretty crazy deals on TOM sometimes. Unfortunately nothing has shipped yet because they're moving, but oh well.